ADVERTISEMENT

Adama Sanogo's Final 6

Yeah I fear the turtle the most since they don’t have much left in their frontcourt, prob could start there from day one at PF or C.

Reactions: LBP43
We literally cannot guarantee a thing. Our best player is a true four man however our best lineup next year will most likely be Sandro at the 5.

Aiken
Molson
Cale
Rhoden
Sandro

Willard is also not in the guaranteeing business as am sure most of you know.

We literally cannot guarantee a thing. Our best player is a true four man however our best lineup next year will most likely be Sandro at the 5.

Aiken
Molson
Cale
Rhoden
Sandro
Maryland promises a lot I’ve

Then they don’t deliver and guys transfer out

Also Turgeon on hot seat according to many

I would think we could GUARANTEE major minutes, not sure you promise him to start over Ike, but he would get ALOT of minutes as a frosh for us.

Slater's tweet sucks. We don't get a cool icon, or a hashtag?? A ship, A Pirate, something.
No way do we guarantee time. Mamu is a 30 minute guy. Samuel is going to be good, real good. He could be a 20-25 minute guy. Throw in Ike for 20. How many minutes are you guaranteeing someone with those guys on the roster?

Does anyone know if Maryland pays the best of the Under Armour schools? I would think Plank would pay his recruits the best, but just wondering. I hope a conflict of interest doesn't interfere with our recruit being delivered to us.

Sidenote, does anyone know if Fila ever got us any recruits under Amaker, or was that all Kozlowski and/or Brennan?

Ike for 20, Sanogo for 20. I think that is a fairly easy guarantee.
No way do we guarantee time. Mamu is a 30 minute guy. Samuel is going to be good, real good. He could be a 20-25 minute guy. Throw in Ike for 20. How many minutes are you guaranteeing someone with those guys on the roster?

Ike for 20, Sanogo for 20. I think that is a fairly easy guarantee.
I just think that's a lie. If he earns it great, but I think Samuel is going to be a player. With that Mamu might need to get some of his minutes at the 5. If you think Sanogo is a 20 minute player and Samuel is only a 10-15 minute player, I'll disagree. I know we have a lot of players to be excited about next year, but I'm looking forward to seeing Samuel's improvement the most.

I just think that's a lie. If he earns it great, but I think Samuel is going to be a player. With that Mamu might need to get some of his minutes at the 5. If you think Sanogo is a 20 minute player and Samuel is only a 10-15 minute player, I'll disagree.
Ike needs to prove he can be a good 10-15 min player without foul outs and travels

Ike needs to prove he can be a good 10-15 min player without foul outs and travels
No disagreement here. We have 3 bigs that are going to earn their time. Only one with a guarantee could be Mamu, and if he's having a rough game, no reason for him to play more than 20 with other good pieces around. If need be, we can always throw Rhoden at the 4 if desperate. But I wouldn't guarantee anyone, anthing. I expect Ike to be 20, but I wouldn't guarantee it to him or any other player but possibly Mamu.

Let me add. After this year a lot of minutes open up.

Rhoden needs to stay at the 3. With the bigs plus Sanogo, then we have plenty of bodies for those 40 minutes.

We need a PG.

Aiken gets hurt and next year gets ugly.

No disagreement here. We have 3 bigs that are going to earn their time. Only one with a guarantee could be Mamu, and if he's having a rough game, no reason for him to play more than 20 with other good pieces around. If need be, we can always throw Rhoden at the 4 if desperate. But I wouldn't guarantee anyone, anthing. I expect Ike to be 20, but I wouldn't guarantee it to him or any other player but possibly Mamu.

Let me add. After this year a lot of minutes open up.

oof.

-nebraska has been on a recruiting tear
-uconn and hurley can nab kids who want to play in northeast
-maryland offers playing time
-auburn probably the scariest of all of them with their enormous bruce pearl mafia money
-i like our chances against pitt.

luckily i dont see a playing time issue. our one true center doesnt get enough fouls to stay on the floor 20 mins and has a history of being lost on defense, which is a quick pull under willard.

Reactions: deheremike
Rhoden needs to stay at the 3. With the bigs plus Sanogo, then we have plenty of bodies for those 40 minutes.

We need a PG.

Aiken gets hurt and next year gets ugly.
I'd like to see Shavar work on his PG play like Cosby did. Let Long develop. I'd also like to see us play through Mamu where Mamu is a point forward. Agree we have enough bodies with Sanogo, but at the same time all 80 of those minutes should be earned, not guaranteed. I want to hear we sold Sanogo on his ability to earn minutes here. Heck if we didn't guarantee Powell 25 minutes per game as a freshman why should we guarantee anyone else.

Reactions: Bluebeard
That guy is admittedly pretty good in what he does, although he swings and misses on high-risk/red flag kids as much he helps land good players that work out (which, when you rely on transfer-recruiting as much as he does, is part of the deal I guess). But something about him makes my skin crawl.

Stay positive boys!!
We’re the best fit for Sanogo
We wouldn’t recruit over him unless he stinks
The other big programs incl MD and Auburn wouldn’t hesitate to.
That’s why those two MD bigs left.
Go Pirates!
I think Willard should work that into his recruiting pitch "We won't recruit over you unless you stink." That should seal the deal every time :rolleyes:

Maryland's sales pitch is to promise a starting position, while Willard needs to point out that Maryland will and has recruited over players in the past.

We've been here before(how many times?)and it doesn't end well. Game Over, Man. Close, But No.

Just wish we didn't have several posters a while back saying their sources told them it was "a sure thing", or "close to done" or some variation of that. Of course many of us(myself included) foolishly believed it, and ran with it, because we wanted to really believe something great in these difficult times - and after having no postseason.

To those using their "sources" to be the first to break Big News: consider the times we are currently living in. The last thing we need right now is to have our hopes built up, only to be kicked down. That doesn't help anything....least of all now. There's nothing wrong with posting "cautiously optimistic", or "we should make his top five" and leaving it at that. I appreciate the posters who use a little restraint. Thanks.

We've been here before(how many times?)and it doesn't end well. Game Over, Man. Close, But No.

Just wish we didn't have several posters a while back saying their sources told them it was "a sure thing", or "close to done" or some variation of that. Of course many of us(myself included) foolishly believed it, and ran with it, because we wanted to really believe something great in these difficult times - and after having no postseason.

To those using their "sources" to be the first to break Big News: consider the times we are currently living in. The last thing we need right now is to have our hopes built up, only to be kicked down. That doesn't help anything....least of all now. There's nothing wrong with posting "cautiously optimistic", or "we should make his top five" and leaving it at that. I appreciate the posters who use a little restraint. Thanks.
Message board fodder nothing more nothing less

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT