ADVERTISEMENT

Adding An NIL Fee To Ticket Prices

We already pay a Pirate Blue fee on our tix. They should just take a portion of that and apply it to NIL. Hopefully they don't raise the prices another 10% or they will lose Season Ticket holders.

We already pay a Pirate Blue fee on our tix. They should just take a portion of that and apply it to NIL. Hopefully they don't raise the prices another 10% or they will lose Season Ticket holders.
I'd be surprised if you didn't lose Season Ticket holders by simply adding NIL to the fee, even if properly disclosed.

Tenn sports, especially football, are the big game in town there. And the South is a different universe on college sports when it comes to up here.

I can’t see the school losing a significant amount of ticket holders. This is the new reality. It will actually make fundraising a little easier I think. Instead of trying to solicit donations every month tack on a one time fee. That should give you a good amount of funds to bring talent consistently. The alternative would be going to games and the team not being competitive. That wouldn’t be enjoyable either. I’m not a fan of how NIL has turned out but I’m ok with paying a little extra to see coach Sha succeed.

Reactions: Piratz
Everyone wants players to be paid by the school, things like this are how it will be done. The costs ALWAYS get passed on to the customers.
Competition will force the outside world to get involved no matter what. A school like Arkansas will always have people paying players outside of the school. If they're doing it and you want to compete for the same player, you better find a way.

Reactions: Piratz and dehere23
Competition will force the outside world to get involved no matter what. A school like Arkansas will always have people paying players outside of the school. If they're doing it and you want to compete for the same player, you better find a way.
Yes there is no putting Collectives out of business. That cat is out of the bag.

Just saying that if schools start revenue sharing with players, most are going to need to boost revenue to do so.

I can’t wait for college athletics to collapse. It’s inevitable. It won’t be long before a recruit/prospect like Arch Manning is making the same amount of money in college as a top 5 NFL QB does. Then what happens

Reactions: shu09
I can’t wait for college athletics to collapse. It’s inevitable. It won’t be long before a recruit/prospect like Arch Manning is making the same amount of money in college as a top 5 NFL QB does. Then what happens
Players can either stay 4 years play less games make the same money, unless they want the long term contract the professionals get. The real issue is sports like soccer, baseball, softball, volleyball etc. What happens to them

Tacking it onto tickets just means your like a pro team. That’s really what this is going to be, it will be free agency where the rich owners/markets will just spend more than the ‘poorer’ ones. You gotta just hope to be a Tampa Bay Ray in that instance and build a great program to stay competitive.

Reactions: SOBO1
You already have basketball players making more in college than they could in the Pros. Hundreds of players making mid to upper 6-figures who wouldn't make anywhere close playing in G-league or overseas.

I'm just waiting for the next lawsuit to come that will abolish the 4 years of eligibility rule. With college sports becoming professional sports and there a huge demand for good players, how can they put a cap on eligibility at 4 years?

You already have basketball players making more in college than they could in the Pros. Hundreds of players making mid to upper 6-figures who wouldn't make anywhere close playing in G-league or overseas.

I'm just waiting for the next lawsuit to come that will abolish the 4 years of eligibility rule. With college sports becoming professional sports and there a huge demand for good players, how can they put a cap on eligibility at 4 years?
Interesting thought…so you can have a college team of 30 year olds. Can we officially retire the term “student athlete “???

Huge grift, huge bubble. It will eventually. That day can't come soon enough.

Tacking it onto tickets just means your like a pro team. That’s really what this is going to be, it will be free agency where the rich owners/markets will just spend more than the ‘poorer’ ones. You gotta just hope to be a Tampa Bay Ray in that instance and build a great program to stay competitive.
It’s what it already is.

Reactions: HALL85 and shu09
College football viewership is at an all time high. Thinking this is going to collapse is unrealistic. People aren’t losing interest - it’s becoming more popular.

College football viewership is at an all time high. Thinking this is going to collapse is unrealistic. People aren’t losing interest - it’s becoming more popular.
It’s going to create a tiered system. Elite teams in elite leagues. 20 CFB teams will be able to sustain the costs….maybe 40 CBB teams. Will be like English soccer leagues.

Reactions: HallGuy23
Long term funds will dry up from multi millionaires. The billionaires will continue to fund. The question is will a school like Wisconsin go all in 1 year then build up funds over 4 years and on the 5th year go all in again, while Arkansas is all in every year.

It’s going to create a tiered system. Elite teams in elite leagues. 20 CFB teams will be able to sustain the costs….maybe 40 CBB teams. Will be like English soccer leagues.
It has never been fair. Other schools have always had more and better everything. You think PJ played on a level playing field?

And now, it is worse.

Maybe this is just me justifying my fanaticism, but I think this makes the successes we achieve so much better. If you told me in '75 we would do what we have done I would have known you were out of your mind.

What do I know?

Last edited:
Gambling is fueling viewership to higher numbers across NFL and College Football. Although they might be padding these viewership numbers now as compared to the past

im not even sure fans care about it being paid minor leagues. they are fans of the school. a lot of these big SEC schools don't even have NFL teams. theres a chance it just rolls on and i bet NFL will have to start taking a look. the tailgates, the traditions, the alumni aspect is what people love.

Reactions: JoePeppitone2012
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT