ADVERTISEMENT

All time buzzer beaters

How can anyone forget three buzzer beaters by DANNY CALANDRILLO in his senior year (1982?) against Houston, Providence & Princeton. THe Houston OT buzzer beater was the first game we ever played in the Meadowlands Arena. Houston was also in the Final Four that year.

Tom K
Probably because I’m old and I was 8?

They honestly were all great. This one may have corrected the direction of this year's journey. Although IW's was not really a buzzer beater it was in the absolute best big-time atmosphere last play. MSG packed with Hall and Nova fans.

Taylor and Sha's last plays were also significant. I believe Dehere led a bigtime comeback against LaSalle in the NCAA Tournament. May have been a buzzer beater.

Holloway's layup vs. Oregon technically wasn't a buzzer beater either.

Reactions: LeftCoastPirates
Holloway's layup vs. Oregon technically wasn't a buzzer beater either.
I am ok with giving a little latitude to including shots that resulted in under 2 seconds to play only allowing the opposing team a desperation heave.

But the Whitehead bucket has no merit for inclusion in this discussion.

He made the shot with 18 seconds to go. Villanova had two shots attempts to take the lead on the next next possession. Delgado makes 1 of 2 and then we still have to hold our breath on a last second 3 point attempt.

If you want to say his bucket was one of the clutches of All-Time, then yes start a thread for that. But does not belong in the buzzer beater category.

Reactions: shu09
We have listed some really nice ones. The Powell 3 against Kentucky (while barely not a buzzer beater) was incredible. Unfortunately, it did not last, but it ended up being great win.

I will say that of all the ones listed, the one last night (while very satisfying) is the least aesthetically pleasing. Being a Seton Hall fan, you would expect a banked buzzer beater to beat you versus help you.

We have listed some really nice ones. The Powell 3 against Kentucky (while barely not a buzzer beater) was incredible. Unfortunately, it did not last, but it ended up being great win.

I will say that of all the ones listed, the one last night (while very satisfying) is the least aesthetically pleasing. Being a Seton Hall fan, you would expect a banked buzzer beater to beat you versus help you.
Yes but he called it!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT