ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone notice Theo John turn and glare at Mamu after dunking

I would not have. Especially because it was him. But even more so because the ball was in play.

Reactions: deheremike
I believe there were also several meetings during the season where Wojo promised to incorporate them more into the offense and then did not such thing as the season went on.

Last year over the last 7 games when MU went 1-6.... MH 47 - 133 = 35%... Joey & Sam Hauser 54 - 136 = 40%

I understand that MH is guarded super tight just like Myles. But if we had both Joey and Sam Hauser on our team and Myles took the same amount of shots TOTAL as they did over 7 games and shot a lower % while our team went 1-6, that'd be a disgusting show of chucking and a coach allowing it. And our fans would be flipping out.

And, really, anytime MU beat us... It was because of players like Hauser killing us.
To add on, I remember at least one game where one Hauser brother won a game when he (questionably) took at shot at 0.3 or 0.4 seconds on the clock. They were clutch.

Reactions: shupat08
There are no words I am allowed to use on this board to describe how Theo John comports himself on the basketball court.
I've got a few...thug, punk, knucklehead, assclown, goon, Neanderthal, creep, bonehead, meathead, jerk...that's just top of mind.:p

I love getting under his skin at games with the "Theeeeeooo! Theeeooo!" chants.

I've got a few...thug, punk, knucklehead, assclown, goon, Neanderthal, creep, bonehead, meathead, jerk...that's just top of mind.:p

I love getting under his skin at games with the "Theeeeeooo! Theeeooo!" chants.

LOL. For such a "tough guy" act he puts on, I LOVED how scared he looked of Gil and Ike during the game at the rock where he scored like 2 points and fouled out.

I thought it was a tech or flagrant for shoving Gil in the chest while he was trying to dunk? Or did both happen?

Let's not forget how Wojo coaches Anim and John to play MP at MSG last year... Or what John called Nzei during the game at the rock last year.

It's real simple... This is how Wojo teaches his team to act... Much like how Chris Mack taught his X teams (with Farr, Reynolds, etc) to act. Two coaches who act completely bush league and their players act that way as well, imho.
So what you're saying is that Wojo is the Big East equivalent of John Kreese and Marquette is Cobra Kai? Wojo to Theo..."Sweep the leg!"

636608250716742228-XXX-KARATE-KID-MOV-jy-487--65120260.JPG

Reactions: batts
Powell is genuinely a nice person..the media that covers Seton Hall games, you can tell, truly like him.
A shame the refs don't like him as much. Never seen a player of his character and magnitude get so many bad calls against them and gets hammered with no calls. First foul of the day was a great example of a moving player sliding in to draw an offensive foul on him. Happened 3 times at Nova. Calls that Gillespie, Howard...and of course any player on the Duke team wouldn't get charged with. Just don't understand the lack of respect for MP.

You are right about the timing I believe. My point is how do we know part of the reason wasn't the Hausers having delusional views on what their role should be on a team that has Marcus Howard? We live in the age of the delusional transfer where kids aren't waiting their turn or accepting of a lesser role that may be better for the team. The older Hauser was having a positive enough experience at Marquette that the younger followed him. Something must have been going right. They certainly scored the ball plenty for kids who may have wanted a bigger role in the offense. Whenever we played them they were always threats. It ultimately falls on Wojo but without knowing specifics I wouldn't blame anyone.

I'm not concerned with him winning POTY... All I know is the Hauser's were staying until Howard announced he was coming back and then less than 24 hours later, they were gone. IDK if that had to do with Howard ball-hogging or Wojo letting him ball-hog. Or a mixture of both.

You are right about the timing I believe. My point is how do we know part of the reason wasn't the Hausers having delusional views on what their role should be on a team that has Marcus Howard? We live in the age of the delusional transfer where kids aren't waiting their turn or accepting of a lesser role that may be better for the team. The older Hauser was having a positive enough experience at Marquette that the younger followed him. Something must have been going right. They certainly scored the ball plenty for kids who may have wanted a bigger role in the offense. Whenever we played them they were always threats. It ultimately falls on Wojo but without knowing specifics I wouldn't blame anyone.

Fair enough.

Reactions: HallLine69
Can’t elaborate but that is not it at all.

Thought the booing when Powell touched the ball was nasty and immature, a bad reflection on MU coach and team.

Please stop. It's fine he's a villain. If the roles were reversed in last year's game, we would be giving Sacar Anim and Theo John standing ovations.

Yeah... glaring or talking after a dunk is a part of the game. Faking the throw to Mamu then dropping it on the ground was beyond playing the game the right way. Remember, in the first game MU got a technical after throwing the ball back to Gill after a dunk.
After many dunks, did any one ever see Ro do anything but turn back and get on defense.

Please stop. It's fine he's a villain. If the roles were reversed in last year's game, we would be giving Sacar Anim and Theo John standing ovations.
And John is no worse than our own Herb Pope...who I'm sure some of our fans would have reviled had he been playing for one of our rivals. For what it's worth, I read his glare at Mamu as saying "OK, MoFo, I can bring it, too." I have no problem with that.

And John is no worse than our own Herb Pope...who I'm sure some of our fans would have reviled had he been playing for one of our rivals. For what it's worth, I read his glare at Mamu as saying "OK, MoFo, I can bring it, too." I have no problem with that.
I agree with your assessment however I have a problem with all of it. Stare downs, flexing, finding the camera, all of that is what we called a hot dog many years ago. Granted times have changed and the look at me world is much more a part of sports, but I don’t like it no matter who’s doing it.

Pope was worse.:mad:

Boo a player when he makes dick moves.

Oh. That’s not Myles Powell.

Folks this is not about all this silly wussification garbage. Just a comment that Powell has earned his chops without being a dick.

Reactions: halltheway
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT