ADVERTISEMENT

Onward Setonia news

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
From Mike McBride

Good news, I was told by John and James all the "The Hall" hats shipped out.

Also, the Swinging Pirate club covers sold out in less than two hours. The Guardians bought a bunch of them utilizing their 48-hour window to their advantage. If people ask, we do not plan to restock those until well after the new year. The gear has sold very well too. That closes soon.

We are working to get the next "Drop Shop" out in the next few weeks. I will provide that information to you when it is ready.

The Summer Shore Social was a big hit, everyone in attendance enjoyed the evening.

Next up is the Beefsteak, any help promoting the event would be much appreciated.

Onward Setonia is hosting the 16th annual Beefsteak Tip-Off Dinner in historic Walsh Gymnasium on Thursday, Oct. 17!

Regarded as the unofficial start to the Seton Hall basketball season, this year's event will feature dinner, introductions of the men's and women's basketball teams and a silent auction.

Head covers are great and have been used.

Those I don't normally play golf with ask me about them and my association with Seton Hall.

Great for branding!!

What I like about Mike is that he understands getting the message out in all ways possible.

I believe by year's end we'll be in the $2M range for NIL on the way to much more in 2025.

Reactions: mbraue
Re headcovers if you have the demand why not produce more? I dont understand. Reminds me of this pizza shop in Connecticut that runs out of dough daily and closes, why not simply order more pizza dough. Guess some people are just allergic to making money

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Re headcovers if you have the demand why not produce more? I dont understand. Reminds me of this pizza shop in Connecticut that runs out of dough daily and closes, why not simply order more pizza dough. Guess some people are just allergic to making money
I'm no marketing guy, but there is something about scarcity and urgency that motivates consumers, too. That is, if everyone knew they could get a pizza there at 9 p.m. or whenever the mood hit them, then the urgency dissipates and maybe they get Chinese takeout instead. When you only have a limited window in which to pounce, many will do so.

Reactions: HallPirate
They may make the dough on site. There is a place I frequent in Brookfield that makes their dough in the evening, presumably for the next day.

The place you go to may not have the capacity to make more than they do for a variety of reasons.

I'm no marketing guy, but there is something about scarcity and urgency that motivates consumers, too. That is, if everyone knew they could get a pizza there at 9 p.m. or whenever the mood hit them, then the urgency dissipates and maybe they get Chinese takeout instead. When you only have a limited window in which to pounce, many will do so.

I would agree, but money is money. I would be skeptical that very many bought it because it was "exclusive" and simply bought it because it's awesome.

I understand wanting to create value for Onward Setonia members, so perhaps I would instead take the approach of saying "OS members get access to these in the Fall, 6 months before regular customers" vs "oh hey these sold out immediately because we barely made any. Maybe we'll make more later".

You can create value for members without punishing non-members. It just requires good communication.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT