ADVERTISEMENT

approval to post?

TC88

Freshman
Feb 8, 2004
Why do I need approval to post in Pirates hoops chat message board? I have posted there dozens of times already and my posts are never worthy of reading let alone approval.

TC

You just need approval once. It was a measure to reduce the abuse by certain individuals.

OK. I've been posting here for years. Let me know how the credit report comes out.

The reason that we switched to a permission board was to eliminate those who were trying to trash our board such as NCAABall. Very few have been denied permission. Anyone who is a legitamate poster is approved quickly.

Tom K

Tom K - May I ask why I was denied access to post on the basketball board? I received a message that said "You have already requested access to this forum, and that request has been rejected"

Furthermore, upon registering, I was sent an e-mail from halldan1 asking for my phone number so he can contact me directly...is that normal Rivals protocol? I declined that request and hope that it doesn't prohibit me from joining the basketball forum.

If you don't comply with our policy, yes you will be denied permission.

Tom K

Originally posted by SnakeTom:
If you don't comply with our policy, yes you will be denied permission.

Tom K

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the moderators did not speak to everyone personally before giving permission to post on these boards...why me? Why can't I just be given a series of SHU-related questions to prove my worthiness? I'll prove my allegiances to SHU. Am i asking too much by saying I don't want to speak to someone on the phone...that's a little excessive, no?

Listen, I was hoping I could contribute to the discusssions. I think I could offer a lot to the basketball board. If you don't want me, that's fine I'll take my info elsewhere. Just let me know.

Lets see now. You had no posting history. You gave us a phoney name & refuse to talk to us on the phone. I think you should find another site to post on. Good by.

Tom K

Originally posted by SnakeTom:
Lets see now. You had no posting history. You gave us a phoney name & refuse to talk to us on the phone. I think you should find another site to post on. Good by.

Tom K

What phoney name? I didn't give you any name. I have a valid email address (which HallDan already contacted me at). I just don't want to talk to anyone on the phone. Our conversation right now should serve as proof that I'm legit. Of course I have no posting history, I'm new! I have to start somewhere, don't I? I post occasionally on the NJ.com board (although that probably hurts my case, I'm sure). But I know that people have read my info and re-posted it on this site so someone obviously thinks I'm legit.

I just don't understand the background checks (I'm starting to sound like Nate Blue lol). But seriously, you talk to every new member on the phone? There's no other way around it? Can I write an essay on how much I love SHU and what I can contribute? I'll keep it under 250 words, I promise. Would I really go through all this begging just to flame on this board? I'll be honest with you, it's tough posting on NJ.com for that very reason. Too many dummies. I need substance. I need good banter. I need a place where I can give some great recruiting info and not have it taken down because PirateDave and his multiple personalities have hikjacked another thread. PirateCrew.com is the mecca of Seton Hall message boards and I would love to be a part of it.

I'm sorry I refuse to go through your screening process (I think it's pretty silly actually) but I beg you and HallDan to reconsider one more time. If you say no, I'll take my info elsewhere no more questions asked.

- Sh0eBox

I don't know if this is truly him, but Shoebox is one of the few good posters over on nj.com. It was pretty much him and spfsoccer, and spfsoccer already posts on our board now.

I think Shoebox deserves a shot if he/she has complied with all your requests except the phone #. I wouldn't be giving my phone # to anyone on this board that I didn't know.

Thanks, SHUttle and Muggsy, for your support. SHUttle, I am the same ShoeBox from NJ.com. You can continue to read my updates over there until I am approved here (if I am approved). I'm still hopeful that SnakeTom and HallDan reconsider their policy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT