ADVERTISEMENT

Arlington

Trump team brought campaign staff to film a campaign video, which is against the rules. They were told not to in advance, still released the video and you think the employee trying to prevent them from filming is “probably culpable” somehow?
Where am I giving the people in Trump’s team a pass? Like I said, there is probably shared culpability and something got escalated between two people. Release the footage…it’s easy.
It’s not a huge deal… but they were wrong to fill there and I don’t think the army, who tries to stay apolitical, would have confined it if it didn’t happen.
Agree…It’s not a big deal….way more important things to worry about.

This was certainly a faux pas on the part of Trump and his campaign but it's not some national tragedy like 13 military deaths because of a rightly issued but very reckless withdrawal.

This was certainly a faux pas on the part of Trump and his campaign but it's not some national tragedy like 13 military deaths because of a rightly issued but very reckless withdrawal.
Keep repeating this lie.

Oh like the earlier date of withdrawal? The deal was stupid. Trump did a deal with the Taliban without any input from our Afghan allies. The deal was dumb and we negotiated with terrorists. Fundamentally wrong from the outset. Biden agreeing to get out was a horrible mistake. Period.
The earlier date had stipulations attached to it. Trump' admin was going to leave buffer force and was NOT going to surrender Baghram. That's gas-lighting at its best to suggest that Biden did what Trump would have done.

Reactions: SPK145
from what it sounds like is that SOME families (not all families) invited him to come. they didn't invite biden. nobody invited trump to take pictures. because its not allowed for political gain. trump and his team of course refuse to follow any authority or decency chose to start taking pics and putting them in promotions like social media. when being asked to stop an issue broke out.

lastly, trump didn't show compassion. this is an opportunity for him to be front and center and that's exactly what happened. thats how these things go. the fact you even remotely thing trump has compassion shows just how sucked into his butt you are. it was not too long ago these dead soldiers were called losers.

I dare you to say to that Gold Star Mother what you replied to my comment about Trump's compassion....... "just shows how sucked into his butt you are".

Reactions: SOpirate

I dare you to say to that Gold Star Mother what you replied to my comment about Trump's compassion....... "just shows how sucked into his butt you are".
Interesting. Gold star mother asked for the photos and reports no confrontation and she goes live to tell the story. You would think one of the MSM outlets would do the same to clear up the matter.

Dems and media allies are going to come to regret making this a story. 3 years on and the Afghanistan withdrawal had largely been forgotten about. Now you have at least 8 gold star families putting out independent videos showing their disgust towards Harris after the shallow statement she put out claiming she “stands with them” although apparently never reaching out personally.

Legacy media will try to run cover of course, but this is a losing issue for Harris - she got those 13 kids killed and no faux outrage at a Trump photo-op changes that.

Dems and media allies are going to come to regret making this a story. 3 years on and the Afghanistan withdrawal had largely been forgotten about. Now you have at least 8 gold star families putting out independent videos showing their disgust towards Harris after the shallow statement she put out claiming she “stands with them” although apparently never reaching out personally.

Legacy media will try to run cover of course, but this is a losing issue for Harris - she got those 13 kids killed and no faux outrage at a Trump photo-op changes that.
I do not get veterans defending a bone spur draft dodger .

Next time they should invite serial liar stolen valor Tim we know he is a pansy so no fear of any incident.lOL

I do not get veterans defending a bone spur draft dodger .
That's what I call a hit and run comment... but........Whatever the military status of the candidates..... I would rather have Donald Trump negotiating with Vlad, Xi and the Iran Mullahs any day of the week over K Harris.

Reactions: SOpirate
That's what I call a hit and run comment... but........Whatever the military status of the candidates..... I would rather have Donald Trump negotiating with Vlad, Xi and the Iran Mullahs any day of the week over K Harris.
He did the Doha agreement go read it in full.

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
He did the Doha agreement go read it in full.
Not sure of your point.... I read it and there are a number of conditions for Afghans and for US. At the time of the pull out, even Gen Milley stated that the only condition the Taliban met was that they did not attack US servicemen. 5 or 6 other conditions were not met.... again according to Milley. AP reported at the time that Biden was not bound by the original agreement because the conditions that were not met. They could have renegotiated but didn't. They have no basis for blaming Trump admin.

Reactions: SPK145 and SOpirate
Let’s be clear it’s a disgrace how GWOT veterans have been treated in this country. 20 years of fighting and it is forgetting because it is politically inconvenient.

The fact that the there are been NO repercussions for us losing the war in Afghanistan tells it all. The worse military disaster since Vietnam and there are been no firings, no commissions, no reform and the same military leadership is in place.

Yes, Trump doesn’t truly understand military service but at least he *might* give some of the accountability that is deserved.

For as much as I hate talking points, this is why they work. Silly/unserious people confined to their echo chambers just repeat them to make themselves feel good.
so its not true? is it not true he called dead soldiers losers?

the silly talking points has gone insane since donald trump. everyone else has to keep up. repeating them over and over. simple answers to complex problems. dumbing down everything for dumb people. it was put into hyper drive 8 years ago.

Reactions: JRSlim2284
The earlier date had stipulations attached to it. Trump' admin was going to leave buffer force and was NOT going to surrender Baghram. That's gas-lighting at its best to suggest that Biden did what Trump would have done.
Funny. Conditions were not met under the Trump Administration. It didn’t stop Trump from withdrawing more troops down to 2500 during the last month of his term.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
To the Dems on the Board you might want to check out the statements from the gold star families at Arlington which,of course, will only be shown on Fox which crucify Biden and she will not return my call Harris your two big heroes who they detest .On second thought don’t I know how upset Dems get when their heroes are critized.

To the Dems on the Board you might want to check out the statements from the gold star families at Arlington which,of course, will only be shown on Fox which crucify Biden and she will not return my call Harris your two big heroes who they detest .On second thought don’t I know how upset Dems get when their heroes are critized.
do you really think people on this board think of biden and harris as heros? strawman. typical. nobody thinks that but keep living in brainwash lala land.

you think these gold star families are the only people that matter on earth and you just learned the term last week

Give it a rest sorry I hit a sensitive nerve you just proved my point.If gold star families don’t matter more than politicians you like you are the guy who has a problem.Check please

• Haha
Reactions: SHUSA
Funny. Conditions were not met under the Trump Administration. It didn’t stop Trump from withdrawing more troops down to 2500 during the last month of his term.

Biden owns the disastrous withdrawal. He has never taken accountability for anything. Bob Gates and his old boss were right. "Don't ever underestimate the ability of Joe to f things up"

Reactions: SOpirate and HALL85
Biden owns the disastrous withdrawal. He has never taken accountability for anything. Bob Gates and his old boss were right. "Don't ever underestimate the ability of Joe to f things up"
You are a Trumper who does not see anything that Trump does wrong. Trump’s deal with the Taliban was awful on many levels that I have stated here before. Biden was wrong for following through. The disaster was that Biden did not anticipate the Afghan army to be so inept to allow the Taliban to march through the country so fast. I blame both Presidents. 13 deaths due to a terrorist attack of ISIS that day is due to everyone involved. including Trump and Biden.

You are a Trumper who does not see anything that Trump does wrong. Trump’s deal with the Taliban was awful on many levels that I have stated here before. Biden was wrong for following through. The disaster was that Biden did not anticipate the Afghan army to be so inept to allow the Taliban to march through the country so fast. I blame both Presidents. 13 deaths due to a terrorist attack of ISIS that day is due to everyone involved. including Trump and Biden.
You and others use the term "you are a Trumper" to somehow invalidate opinion. TDS is one that is used against you, also used to invalidate opinion. I hate both of them.

The fact that Trump's plan was flawed does NOT excuse Joe as you assert. JOE OWNS 100% of it and has never been held accountable. He used every tool at his disposal to negate EVERYTHING that Trump stood for... and to think he all of a sudden was bound by the Trump Afghan agreement is laughable. The resultant cover up made it even worse. John Kirby, Milley and Austin all forfeited any credibility they may have had by first taking part in it and then calling it a success.

Flashbacks of helicopters being tossed overboard as US ships picked up fleeing Vietnamese in 1975 came to mind. THAT was a debacle and our leaving the way we did was directly responsible for that debacle almost 50 years ago. This was even worse since US servicemen and women died and were horribly injured as a direct result of the decisions by their leadership at the time. It was chaos. Not only their deaths, but the deaths of hundreds, thousands of Afghan allies resulted form it. JOE BIDEN and the last person who was in the room with him when he made the decisions are at fault....... and THAT needs to be acknowledged.

Last edited:
Give it a rest sorry I hit a sensitive nerve you just proved my point.If gold star families don’t matter more than politicians you like you are the guy who has a problem.Check please
this doesn't even make sense, but you're real proud of yourself. go back and address either of the points. check please!! lol

The criticism of Trump in the report was that he did not include the Afghans in the negotiations. I get that criticism. Would like to know how that came about. But a valid criticism.

So....... why did Biden continue to leave the Afghans out of the loop?

The report pointed out that Biden just ignored the conditions that were set by Trump in the agreement. He wanted out and he made one of the most disastrous foreign affairs / military decision ever. He was more concerned with optics than reason.

Be prepared for more of the same if Harris gets elected. "The last person in the room"

The criticism of Trump in the report was that he did not include the Afghans in the negotiations. I get that criticism. Would like to know how that came about. But a valid criticism.

So....... why did Biden continue to leave the Afghans out of the loop?

The report pointed out that Biden just ignored the conditions that were set by Trump in the agreement. He wanted out and he made one of the most disastrous foreign affairs / military decision ever. He was more concerned with optics than reason.

Be prepared for more of the same if Harris gets elected. "The last person in the room"

I have no issue with being critical of Biden (and Harris) about how poorly the withdrawal went.
I don't place much of the blame on Trump because it was not his decision at that point and Biden did not need to follow the plan if it didn't make sense.

Only thing I tend to disagree with is thinking that it would have been better under a 2nd term of Trump. The Taliban got more aggressive as our deadline to leave was approaching. Does that not happen under Trump? Maybe Trump would have responded to the Taliban more aggressively. Maybe that would have resulted in a better outcome, or maybe it would have been worse or maybe we would still be there.

None of us really know anything but it is easy to see it was chaotic, and I wish Biden and Harris were more compassionate towards the gold star families.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT