ADVERTISEMENT

Arturas Karnisovas spotting on the way out of the Rock

Bluebeard

All World
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
I was right behind him, as he carried his PJ bobble head box out of the arena. He looks like he could still play. He's in great shape and has made such a great career out of his education. GM on an NBA team! I remember, he was a two time Big East Scholar Athlete of the year, if I'm not mistaken. He's the perfect person to look up to as a student athlete for the players and recruits at Seton Hall. Never made the NBA, though his Euro league playing could have had him in the L, he just choose not to. What a great ambassador of the school as an NBA GM.

Last edited:
Spoke to him for about 10 minutes and got some great quotes which I'll post on the Trove, Very unassuming and likable person.

This Big East Briefs newsletter (which I subscribed to) about Arturas was posted on-line.

It's fascinating to read him described as being from the Soviet Union, another reminder that not that long ago the Soviets ruled over many countries by force.

And then there's the hilarious description of the Meadowlands as the "big gym."

It gives you a lot perspective about the world in our lifetime.

Arturas has carved a great career for himself after his playing career was over. First in the league office and now as a NBA GM and he never forgot his SH roots. Had a solid pro career in Europe and won the FIBA European Player of the Year in 1996 . Now if he could help us land those Lithuanian players it would be the icing on the cake.

Last edited:
The Pirates do have an international look at the moment with players from DR, Nigeria, Jamaica and Georgia.

There's five if you count the People's Republic of the Bronx... Ha Ha.

I'm surprised they were never able to capitalize on the Australian connection. There have been so many great college players from Down Under in the last 25 years.

And other than Rimas has there been another Lithuanian or Baltic player at SHU?

I was looking at the stats of the 92-93 team the other day. His numbers were impressive. Most fans think of Terry and Jerry first, however, he was a huge piece of that team and crucial to their success. Good to see him doing so well.

Saw him in Denver two years ago for our NCAA game, in SH garb. Terrific ambassador for SHU.

AK is an all time great but I wonder how things would have turned out if Adrian Griffin got more PT that year.

The Pirates do have an international look at the moment with players from DR, Nigeria, Jamaica and Georgia.

I'm surprised they were never able to capitalize on the Australian connection. There have been so many great college players from Down Under in the last 25 years.

Harolds Karlis from Latvia.

This Big East Briefs newsletter (which I subscribed to) about Arturas was posted on-line.

It's fascinating to read him described as being from the Soviet Union, another reminder that not that long ago the Soviets ruled over many countries by force.

And then there's the hilarious description of the Meadowlands as the "big gym."

It gives you a lot perspective about the world in our lifetime.

Interesting that the article describes him as from the Soviet Union , rather then from Lithuania, of course at that time Lithuania was under Soviet rule and part of the USSR.

For whatever reason, St. Mary's has the pipeline to Australia.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT