Too soon to really know

8. Seton Hall 2-0
One very good game one, the other.....well we won

9. Butler 2-0
2 very impressive wins against nobodies

10. Georgetown 1-1
Holy (Cross) Hell

11. DePaul 0-2
The SHU Pirates of the early Big East wars.

1 - UCONN
2 - Marquette
3 - Creighton
4 - Villanova
5 - St. John's

6 - Providence
7 - Seton Hall
8 - Xavier

9 - Butler
10 - Georgetown

11 - DePaul

Providence is much better than I thought--Villanova not as goood as I thought -- and I can not believe DePaul is so much worse than I thought
Anyone know how Albany got on SHU schedule?

Last edited:
Providence is much better than I thought--Villanova not as goood as I thought -- and
Providence sort of struggled against 2 bad teams, what have they done that makes you say they are better than you thought?

What has or hasn't Villanova done for you to say they are not as good as you thought? Just curious, they blew out 2 really bad teams.

Thing is in reality this thread is probably too soon to post. But on a message board it serves as discussion fodder.

In the weeks to come it will take on a more pertinent discussion point. As Steve noted above, almost every game to date has been against very bad teams.

Reactions: Duego Duck
Going to be very interesting to see how far Creighton can go. It's early but to me they look like the best Creighton team I have ever seen or at least offensively. They have at least 4 maybe 5 guys automatic from three..

Thing is in reality this thread is probably too soon to post. But on a message board it serves as discussion fodder.

In the weeks to come it will take on a more pertinent discussion point. As Steve noted above, almost every game to date has been against very bad teams.

After we beat Baylor on their home court.

I looked at the first four games of our schedule as a grouping given all of the unknowns. Looking back.

- The core four is performing as expected, but clearly Richmond has significantly elevated his game. And they stayed healthy, which is critical.

- Bediako looks legitimate although we will know more this week. The split platoon with Hutchins looks like it may have to wait. We may be looking at the core five.

- Coleman is the sixth man. He will make freshman mistakes, but the good should far outweigh the bad.

- Nganga is not ready. Athletic but needs to learn quick to contribute. Sanders deserves to be in rotation. He has improved.

- Avoided the oops! Although it was bad competition, never take anything for granted.

- A split in San Diego would be great.

Reactions: shupat08
The team must compete. Do not get embarrassed and have a chance to win both games with 5 minutes to play.

Otherwise the 4 blowouts against weak competition lose their significance.

Yup. Said this before the season started. Need to split this week and beat RU & Mizzou. Not expecting Baylor.
That gives us 9-2 and a great chance to dance with a 10-10 BE record.
Mizzou and USC have been shown to be beatable.
I thought the consolation game would be our better shot in the tourney, but it looks like USC might be easier than either Iowa/Oklahoma.

I thought the consolation game would be our better shot in the tourney, but it looks like USC might be easier than either Iowa/Oklahoma.
Hard to say since the four teams have combined to play two games against real competition. USC has the worst loss but also the best win having beaten Kansas State on a neutral floor.

Oklahoma has played a similar schedule to us -- Central Michigan, Mississippi Valley State, Texas State and UT-Rio Grande are a combined 4-12.

Likewise, Iowa has beaten North Dakota, Alabama State and Arkansas State (4-7 combined) with their loss to Creighton sandwiched in between.

Objectively, I think USC is the best team of the four and we are the worst. I think we are closer to Iowa and Oklahoma than they are to USC.

Hard to say since the four teams have combined to play two games against real competition. USC has the worst loss but also the best win having beaten Kansas State on a neutral floor.

Oklahoma has played a similar schedule to us -- Central Michigan, Mississippi Valley State, Texas State and UT-Rio Grande are a combined 4-12.

Likewise, Iowa has beaten North Dakota, Alabama State and Arkansas State (4-7 combined) with their loss to Creighton sandwiched in between.

Objectively, I think USC is the best team of the four and we are the worst. I think we are closer to Iowa and Oklahoma than they are to USC.
Hard to read into these early season games and some of the wonky results. USC clearly has some talented kids, but between injuries and the loss to UC Irvine, I’m not sure how they fare compared to Iowa or Oklahoma.

USC 81 - Brown 70

Brown University was 1-4 before playing USC, and USC struggled against them on their home court.

Reactions: dehere23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT