ADVERTISEMENT

Barrett?

I don’t know if this was true but I can confirm I heard this about two weeks ago

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
I love Barrett. But there is a need for an experienced assistant coach one who had head coaching experience to be on that bench to help take away some of the burden for Shaheen.

I love Barrett. But there is a need for an experienced assistant coach one who had head coaching experience to be on that bench to help take away some of the burden for Shaheen.
Maybe so but you have to trust Sha with HIS coaching staff. Plus, maybe Barrett has a player or two in hand.

Reactions: PF58 and Section112
2 of the best point guards to do it o the same staff? They are both killers and have great personalities.

With a little NIL this could be good.

On the other hand, Sha’s already has a full coaching staff. Would this mean he’s got to let somebody go?

2 of the best point guards to do it o the same staff? They are both killers and have great personalities.

On the other hand, Sha’s already has a full coaching staff. Would this mean he’s got to let somebody go?
He better be

Maybe so but you have to trust Sha with HIS coaching staff. Plus, maybe Barrett has a player or two in hand.
A lot of criticism of Sha's staff when he took the helm, but results matter. Barrett may not have the coaching experience, but his working with the G-League gives him a great perspective on what these highly talented kids that didn't have income options in collage previously can benefit now. That should be relatable to recruits or transfers.

Whenever anyone spoke of Sha and Andre, it was about how they commanded our program as players for an 8-year stint. We ALWAYS had a leader, a floor general. I love that leadership together on the sidelines.

It’s pretty clear if you’ve paid attention to the sidelines in game.

Reactions: newshu1
He can wear two hats actually. May not need another dedicated position for NIL GM if you have a guy that brings that skill set.
Nova does. We need to stop thinking B league.
St John's as well

There is no one formula. I’d rather have a group that brings all the skill sets necessary. Titles don’t mean much… responsibilities, and performance do.
Agreed. We need a person with the responsibility to run the overall operation which is exponentially more complex than just 3 years ago.

I would love Andre as an assistant. My point is he has a broader skill set and has evaluated players for the professional ranks for years. He would be a homerun in any position.

I would love if they added MTE too, he bleeds blue and would be great to have another former player on staff.

Barrett would be a fantastic GM as well as on-court coach.

And you couldn't have 2 better people to lead young men than Holloway and Barrett.
Having Barrett also may provide more "stickiness" for both to be here for a long time.

Reactions: haydenma
With all the success past players have had becoming coaches its a solid case for Barrett to consider the move.

He seems like he would be a strong recruiter.
He can take the load off of Sha to developing point guards.

Got a head coach that wants multiple ball handlers and play makers its a match made in heaven from my novice eye.

I hope a fellow small PG like brown understands the type of education that having both of them on the coaching staff would bring him.

Speaking of Brown was he suited of for the last game? The no show in blow out makes me think things might have went south there.

With all the success past players have had becoming coaches its a solid case for Barrett to consider the move.

He seems like he would be a strong recruiter.
He can take the load off of Sha to developing point guards.

Got a head coach that wants multiple ball handlers and play makers its a match made in heaven from my novice eye.

I hope a fellow small PG like brown understands the type of education that having both of them on the coaching staff would bring him.

Speaking of Brown was he suited of for the last game? The no show in blow out makes me think things might have went south there.
He was in sweats

Reactions: cams555
What about the guys we have? Where are they going? If Shaheen is the second-coming, don't those guys deserve some love, too?
Tony-el is a terrible possibility.

I would love if they added MTE too, he bleeds blue and would be great to have another former player on staff.

As of a few years ago, it seemed like MTE needed to work on himself before becoming a high major D1 coach....

MTE would have been a great choice but without going into detail he ruined his career with his issues at a prior D1 stop. Sans that I would have taken him in an instant.
You choose your sins but you don't get to choose the consequences of those sins.

Reactions: Bluebeard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT