ADVERTISEMENT

BC/UNLV in a battle…..

Hall91

All Universe
Gold Member
Jun 4, 2001
BC would appear to be a tough match up for us. Think I’d have to pull for UNLV but we’ll have our work cut out for us Wednesday night.

BC would appear to be a tough match up for us. Think I’d have to pull for UNLV but we’ll have our work cut out for us Wednesday night.
I recall reading preseason that BC's Center is a good player. But when our resume compared to SJU's was being dissected to death the last 10 days, most everyone posted that BC sucks and was a terrible non-conference loss for them. Maybe that was to minimize our non-conference losses, but I'm assuming BC won't be a world beater if we get them.

UNLV is more athletic than BC but they make mistakes. And they have to fly 3000 miles to east coast for the second time in a week. I like it. It’s in the team‘s hands.
We have to play tenacious defense and control the boards. UNLV beat Princeton at Princeton. So they are a good team.

UNlV will give SH all it can handle. Athletic, quick & can shoot the 3 from deep.

Last night's game drew about 5500 in an arena that holds 3 times that number. Have to think UNLV will feel claustrophobic playing at Historic Walsh: an advantage for us. Surprised to see UNT's cheerleaders and mascot at Saturday's game. Would we have sent ours to Texas?

Last night's game drew about 5500 in an arena that holds 3 times that number. Have to think UNLV will feel claustrophobic playing at Historic Walsh: an advantage for us. Surprised to see UNT's cheerleaders and mascot at Saturday's game. Would we have sent ours to Texas?
It’s paid for by the NCAA

Reactions: Twapilot1955
We have to play tenacious defense and control the boards. UNLV beat Princeton at Princeton. So they are a good team.
They also beat Creighton in December when C was ranked #8. This will not be easy. They shoot well, actually shot the 3 ball better than Creighton in that game, and are decent from the foul line. Boone brothers are 6-8 ish and good, and they have very balanced scoring.

Walsh should be loud and proud, so hoping a home court advantage helps.

Any word on EHE? Can we get some quality minutes from Tubek and Sanders? Big J can't afford to get 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes of the game.

The UNLV/Creighton game as played off campus at the Dollar Loan Center Arena, which seats about 6,000 for b-ball. Doubt the size of Walsh will affect them, but physical D might. They play inside and out well. Very good passing team.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT