ADVERTISEMENT

Be careful what is wished for

nope. if they are saying were back, then were back

I'm talking about previous "guidance." Why did everyone immediately adopt what they said and refuse to change anything until CDC said so?

This time last year there was no demand for car rentals so they sold off their cars now causing a real shortage in the marketplace resulting in huge rental charges.
a bit short sighted but i guess not their problem

This time last year there was no demand for car rentals so they sold off their cars now causing a real shortage in the marketplace resulting in huge rental charges.
Ah, shortsighted

Ah, shortsighted
Not really, rental cars' business model calls for replacing cars every year or two. Last year it just made no sense to buy new cars. Keeping older cars also made no sense as that is not what people would want when the rental car industry returned.

Reactions: Hallsome
Just a reminder, stimulus payments were not need based. The purpose of them was to quickly inject cash into the economy by giving people money to spend. It wasn't income replacement, it was cash injection to go buy stuff. Whether people did is another thing (or what they bought). My parents got stimulus, they are 100% on fixed income so it was extra money. They spent it, stimulating the economy.

Unemployment benefits, however, were need based. And of course, cases of abuses will be there. Can't analyze case by case so the government puts out a campfire with a firehose.

You are correct, of course, but it's totally backwards. I work for 2 different employers, and one of them closed the site and we were all laid off. Still working 3 days a week, but lost 50% of my income. The powers-that-be at NJ Dept of Labor saw fit to cut me a weekly check of $155. If I could get through to them on the phone, I'd love to tell them where they can stick it.

You are correct, of course, but it's totally backwards. I work for 2 different employers, and one of them closed the site and we were all laid off. Still working 3 days a week, but lost 50% of my income. The powers-that-be at NJ Dept of Labor saw fit to cut me a weekly check of $155. If I could get through to them on the phone, I'd love to tell them where they can stick it.
Oh, I hear ya... sucks. I do financial wellness webinars for people in career transition. The stories over the last year blow.

Not really, rental cars' business model calls for replacing cars every year or two. Last year it just made no sense to buy new cars. Keeping older cars also made no sense as that is not what people would want when the rental car industry returned.
Creditors also controlled their fate last year....had to make $ one way or another

I’m way more focused on what Randi Weingarten had to say the other day on some network (forget which). About the potential changes to curriculum across the board, school reopenings come Sept (as if that should even be a question) and mandatory vaccinations for kids.

Reactions: dehere23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT