ADVERTISEMENT

Benches

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
The importance of the bench cannot be overstated in college BB. Seldom will a team maximize their potential without high quality players allowing the starters to take a blow and playing well while they are in the game.

With that thought in mind name the two teams in order who have the best benches in the conference.

Nova
Providence
SHU
Xavier
Someone else

Def not Nova. They usually play a 7man rotation.

I'd go Hall or X. Slight edge to the Hall if we consider Powell a bench player

I agree. Xavier and SHU will be neck and neck off the bench.

i feel like Xavier always has a good bench so im just going to go with them by default. We have 3 freshman off the bench that could be ?s. So at the moment ill choose X but say SHU has a higher bench ceiling.

Good points and discussion.
It's why I wanted a 5th yr grad student transfer at PG.

*As for the actual seats that the players and staff sit on, SHU should ask Pru Center to buy blue folding chairs instead of the red ones behind the bench.

Good points and discussion.
It's why I wanted a 5th yr grad student transfer at PG.

*As for the actual seats that the players and staff sit on, SHU should ask Pru Center to buy blue folding chairs instead of the red ones behind the bench.
and switch out those terrible devils logos on the center court seats for pirates!

Lots of large classes coming in this year which could change who has the best benches, for example X has a 6 man class;Marq. has 6; SH has 6; Butler has 6; and Creighton has 5 although those transfers who have to sit this year could effect some of those classes but transfers in last year's classes could bolster some teams like Kaleb Joseph at Creighton as they become eligible this year.

Nova's bench will be deeper this coming year actually.

Potential Starters: Brunson, Booth, Bridges, DiVincenzo, Spellman
Players Vying for Time: Paschall, Jermaine Samuels, Painter, Cosby-Roundtree, Colin Gillespie

Reactions: shupat08
Lots of large classes coming in this year which could change who has the best benches, for example X has a 6 man class;Marq. has 6; SH has 6; Butler has 6; and Creighton has 5
But we also have 4 of 5 starters back, so our 6 are all coming off the bench! Plus Mike and Myles too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT