ADVERTISEMENT

Big East Game Thread: Pirates vs. Xavier

Xavier more talented then I thought but no more talented than SHU. Coach Miller had his team prepared in terms of urgency and execution.

I was hoping for a carryover and a more consistent performance level for SHU after the Uconn win but I was wrong again.

Only one game, but I wasn't expecting a thrashing.

Last edited:
Reactions: LBP43 and Jerry1992
we beat UCONN and thought we were awesome basically thats the coach

I shouldn’t take this game so personally(alas), but this is really angering after what we did earlier this week. To come out and lay this turd is unacceptable. It makes me want to take back every good word or thought I had about this team after the UConn victory. We truly are a very bad team.

Xavier more talented then I thought but no more talented than SHU. Coach Miller has his team prepared in terms of urgency and execution.

I was hoping for a carryover and a more consistent performance level for SHU after the Uconn win but I was wrong again.

Only one game, but I wasn't expecting a thrashing.
Misleading. Betting is all abt when/where/circumstances. This game could quite possibly be the easiest bet so far in the season, for a many reasons

Reactions: Hall84
Not true. There are different types of 1-1. Ours is exactly what you would want. We’ll thrash this team at home. Book it
Yeah, def will be wanting revenge and should have opposite result at the Rock compared to what we are seeing today.

Misleading. Betting is all abt when/where/circumstances. This game could quite possibly be the easiest bet so far in the season, for a many reasons
Fortunately I didn't bet the game. I was taking about energy, gameplan and execution for SHU.

As mentioned, only one game.

Dawes and coach needs to recognize when he is off (which has happened more than not) and adjust during game. That is not happening at all.
Great point, in game adjustments are critical. I always look for more Coleman when Dawes struggles.

Reactions: Jerry1992
Why sanders over isaiah?? Jaquan is so slow
Isaiah left his man wide open for 3 which forced Holloway to call a timeout just before the 11 minute mark. He was screaming at him and he never went back in. That’s why. The game was lost when Holloway took Richmond out before the 12 minute timeout. Too many times he follows the hard fast rule of trying to find guys the extra rest and it costs us games. We had some momentum and it was lost in those couple minutes.

Oh, believe me I know. It was done when Sha thought he could steal an extra minute's rest for Sha taking Kadary out. Led to a 14-0 X run. It was over then.
Geez, if our bench can’t hold down the fort for a minute or two, what’s Sha supposed to do? I’ll say it again, KR can’t keep playing 37 minutes a game.

Geez, if our bench can’t hold down the fort for a minute or two, what’s Sha supposed to do? I’ll say it again, KR can’t keep playing 37 minutes a game.
I'm not saying don't rest Kadary. He needs a rest. Don't do it in the middle of a run that's getting us back in the game.

I'm not saying don't rest Kadary. He needs a rest. Don't do it in the middle of a run that's getting us back in the game.
But it wasn’t a run. Go back and look at the game play by play on espn or cbssports. They were trading baskets as the Hall chipped into the lead.

It’s not like they were on a 9-0 run to cut the lead to 1.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
But it wasn’t a run. Go back and look at the game play by play on espn or cbssports. They were trading baskets as the Hall chipped into the lead.

It’s not like they were on a 9-0 run to cut the lead to 1.
Going back and looking guess you're right. Still thought it was a tough spot but I guess those 5 on the floor should do a better job. Clearly, they didn't.

Reactions: LeftCoastPirates
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT