ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie Fland

CL82

All Big East
Oct 31, 2002

Boogie is undeniably a talented player. I hope he ends up in the Big East.

Last edited:
Reactions: chickenbox
Maybe an unpopular opinion but I don’t understand why we spend valuable time and resources recruiting players wildly out of our price range. It’s low IQ behavior.

It’s not even remotely possible to land a player like that.

Maybe an unpopular opinion but I don’t understand why we spend valuable time and resources recruiting players wildly out of our price range. It’s low IQ behavior.

It’s not even remotely possible to land a player like that.
You do so to maintain relationships and develop a connection with the player, handlers, HS and AAU coaches. Also, the boomerang effect. Finally, you may just get a kid you connect with and the stars align.

Doubt our resources including time are being unwisely spent.

You do so to maintain relationships and develop a connection with the player, handlers, HS and AAU coaches. Also, the boomerang effect. Finally, you may just get a kid you connect with and the stars align.

Doubt our resources including time are being unwisely spent.

This. I am sure Sha and the coaching staff will Boogie oogie oogie until they just can’t boogie no more.

(Sorry, I couldn’t resist..)

I love going for the top recruits and transfers as long as we aren’t hurting our chances to getting our plan b and c players.

Some of these players transfer the next year.

Expressing interest isn't the same as using up valuable resources.

It's coaching malpractice not to assess the situation. If/when you realize you're not a serious player, you move on.

I don't expect Fland to be a Pirate but the only way he will be is if we reach out. If we sit on the sidelines, we know he won't be here.

Expressing interest isn't the same as using up valuable resources.

It's coaching malpractice not to assess the situation. If/when you realize you're not a serious player, you move on.

I don't expect Fland to be a Pirate but the only way he will be is if we reach out. If we sit on the sidelines, we know he won't be here.
Exactly. And I also expect many more schools reached out to him than listed, so just making the list provided to the recruiting sites means some free publicity, even if he never really considers us.

This is not just a Boogie situation. This is a consistent trend. I respect the staff for fighting these recruiting battles but there needs to be balance. You need to operate in a realm of reality. They spend a considerable amount of time and money recruiting players that cost 2x, 3x, or even 4x what we can spend on a player. If you know someone is being shopped for $750K and you have 1 recruiter on the entire staff it's not prudent to allocate time recruiting that player.

Reactions: shupat08
This is not just a Boogie situation. This is a consistent trend. I respect the staff for fighting these recruiting battles but there needs to be balance. You need to operate in a realm of reality. They spend a considerable amount of time and money recruiting players that cost 2x, 3x, or even 4x what we can spend on a player. If you know someone is being shopped for $750K and you have 1 recruiter on the entire staff it's not prudent to allocate time recruiting that player.
That explains my failed dating strategy in college…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT