ADVERTISEMENT

Bracketology 2018

Depends on how the pg situation shapes up, but assuming we get a decent pg that can come in and contribute at a high level from day one then sweet 16 is realistic. Also a lot depends on our draw - for instance if we are an 8/9 seed sweet 16 is not a realistic "expectation"

Last edited:
I agree it depends on the pg situation, but 1 NCAA tournament win for this senior class would be extremely disappointing, no?

OMG, Boise.

With a Senior-laden team and better depth next year, less than advancing in the NCAA's will disappointing. Especially considering this would be the group's third consecutive appearance.

I don't think the season is a "bust" if they don't though.

I agree it depends on the pg situation, but 1 NCAA tournament win for this senior class would be extremely disappointing, no?
I'm more of a realist when it comes to this stuff.

If they were an 8/9 and lost in the second round I would be disappointed that they didn't get a better draw, but I wouldn't be disappointed that they lost in the second round to a 1 seed.

Reactions: Piratz
The first time they were bad (Gonzaga) the second time they were sloppy (Arkansas), maybe third time's the charm?

The first time they were bad (Gonzaga) the second time they were sloppy (Arkansas), maybe third time's the charm?
To be fair, I think Arkansas' defensive style had more than a little to do with our sloppiness. They were very aggressive and it worked. They were a good team.

To be fair, I think Arkansas' defensive style had more than a little to do with our sloppiness. They were very aggressive and it worked. They were a good team.

I agree in principle. They were active, deep. They hedged out bringing two men on ball pressure and we never had an answer for it. Our help man was never anywhere to be found despite showing the look repeatedly. They collapsed on Jones for a backcourt violation and obviously turned Carrington over twice during the final minutes.

But I also thought two of our best players - Desi and Delgado - played in a very sloppy manner. Not sure if they were too geeked up or what, but they were trying to do too much on their own, IMO.

Reactions: SHUSource

Arkansas IS a good team but we should have won...If we play them 10 times, we should we 7.

Arkansas IS a good team but we should have won...If we play them 10 times, we should we 7.

Funny to say when you lose, but I thought we were the better team during the game. Missed a lot of gimme's in that first half and had some other unforced errors.

Can't do those things. Particularly when you're in the 8/9 game.

We just could not close the deal. Similar to what happened against Villanova the week before at the BET.

I'm more of a realist when it comes to this stuff.

If they were an 8/9 and lost in the second round I would be disappointed that they didn't get a better draw, but I wouldn't be disappointed that they lost in the second round to a 1 seed.

Depends upon who we have running the point, but the expectation next year (with a good, not "servicable" point guard in place) should be to perform so as to get out of any 8/9 matchups...get a more favorable geographic placement, etc. With a good, to very good point guard, should aim for a 5 seed; with Duval.....all bets are off....but higher than 5. With a PG of lesser quality than good, and we could be looking at a year not too dissimilar to this past one....

Remember these kids have to be coached correctly b4 we think about sweet 16. 16 turnovers a game isn't going to get it done

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
Funny to say when you lose, but I thought we were the better team during the game. Missed a lot of gimme's in that first half and had some other unforced errors.

Can't do those things. Particularly when you're in the 8/9 game.

We just could not close the deal. Similar to what happened against Villanova the week before at the BET.

But their pressure was very effective against our guards especially Carrington. Can't say unforced errors were much of a factor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT