ADVERTISEMENT

Can't figure out our Coach

jcpetri

All American
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Cream Ridge, NJ
He starts Tubek over Dre....and even over Coleman opens up an 8 point lead, he brings in Dre who plays the rest of the game with good results. Why didn't he just start Dre? I'm sure he had his reasons, but I'll be damned if I know what they were. Anyway, a great win. When we were down 19, I threw in the towel...I'm glad our coach and our team didn't do the same!!

He starts Tubek over Dre....and even over Coleman opens up an 8 point lead, he brings in Dre who plays the rest of the game with good results. Why didn't he just start Dre? I'm sure he had his reasons, but I'll be damned if I know what they were. Anyway, a great win. When we were down 19, I threw in the towel...I'm glad our coach and our team didn't do the same!!
Perhaps he only wanted to use Dre if necessary. Oh boy was it necessary!

If I had to take a guess and that’s all this is:

He made a huge point after nova of them big leaguing practice…I am sure he went epic on them behind closed doors and in practices…probably made a huge emphasis on if you can’t/don’t practice im not playing you i don’t care…Davis didn’t practice (not his fault) but probably after making it such a big deal Sha felt like he had to stay with what he was preaching and gave the practice champ (I guess tubek) the nod

Gotta have the “buy-in”

If I had to take a guess and that’s all this is:

He made a huge point after nova of them big leaguing practice…I am sure he went epic on them behind closed doors and in practices…probably made a huge emphasis on if you can’t/don’t practice im not playing you i don’t care…Davis didn’t practice (not his fault) but probably after making it such a big deal Sha felt like he had to stay with what he was preaching and gave the practice champ (I guess tubek) the nod

Gotta have the “buy-in”
What? No. We smoked Xavier since that rant. This had nothing to do with practice. Sha was hoping he could limit Dre’s minutes. Obviously that wasn’t possible after Tubek got punked. No harm no foul as we won in the end.

I'm thinking Tubek is a more physical player & he was needed on the defensive end & boards. The plan blew up when our offense came out flatter than a pancake & Sha went with Dre to try & balance out the offense. I doubt anyone on the staff thought Dre would be able to play the minutes he did. No doubt we lose without him.

And maybe, too, he was trying to jump-start Tubek.
Hope Davis doesn't come down with "soreness" as a result of yesterday's performance, and some here think he is holding out for more NIL $$$.

I think a combination of things.

Apparently Dre didn't practice since the Xavier game, something to be expected if you're trying to help him heal for a game. I'm sure Sha wanted to limit his minutes some but Davis did log 35 so I'm not sure how much that ultimately mattered.

My guess is Tubek got more run in practice with the idea he might have to try to provide some legit minutes. If so, reward him for his effort and give him the start. Who knows if he plays well or the team is in a better position, maybe he give Davis 10-12 minutes of rest.

Regardless, I think you also start Tubek over Coleman to keep the latter in his role. You're already losing size with Coleman as opposed to Davis. As it is Coleman got into foul trouble and only played 11 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT