ADVERTISEMENT

The Belmont Bubble Stakes

NYC Pirate

All World
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2007
So, playing at UBS instead of MSG or Carnesecca Arena turned out to be a blessing for Seton Hall. They came a long way back and did it rather quickly. We still have to see the big picture effects from this win. Absolute Kudos to the SHU Booster Club and all the fans that made their way to the game. The start time was ideal for a holiday weekend and allowed our fans to get there. I would not say a large percentage, but a good showing. I believe the SHU fans really became a factor at about 45-45. It made a difference and allowed The Hall to maintain their momentum after the fantastic defense in the second half. The coach and team really appreciated the support and went out of their way to acknowledge The Hall fans at the end of the game. We also have to be fair and say the SJU shooters helped us with just putrid shooting.

I'm not sure what to make of the SJU fan support. They were there and you can tell there is a dormant fan base in that Queens/Long Island area. As opposed to the atmosphere at Carnesecca or The Garden the fans were never fully dialed in. There was a bit of a weird vibe I thought possibly because they had higher expectations with Pitino. Students were not good there either. The arena itself was nice and would be perfect for a top team. I still think $17 dollars for a beer is criminal, really at all venues. Let's be honest concession prices are disgraceful.

The bottom line is that Seton Hall showed guts with the comeback and elevated play in the second half. Sha's Technical changed the landscape. Dre is an absolute warrior for playing and being a factor. Richmond played a terrible first half, but rebounded. That was good to see. Dawes continues to push Seton Hall over the top with his productivity in these important wins. A truly terrific free throw shooter. Seton Hall has 4 more realistic chances for wins, the three home games and the first game of The BigEast Tournament. "And Down The Stretch They Come." Rest well Secretariat.

I used to work with a few LI guys who were huge sju fans. Gotta think LI is full of them. One so called friend used to give me the ticket for our game at alimni. Id take the subway, a bus and walk up a hill as i remeber, to watch mullin make it a totally unpleasant experience.

Reactions: PROF Ed
From St John's to UBS is 7.5 miles.

I was with the Booster Club and after the fantastic meal we had in The Bronx (City Island) it took us the first half just to settle our very full tummies LOL.

Shout out to the guys behind the basket because they were loud and cheering as well. Fans were cheering from all over the quarter section behind the Seton Hall bench. The Booster Club had many fans around us that were loud as well including a few fans that were 2 year removed SHU grads behind us who were very loud. Made for a great comeback atmosphere and we were all very excited and pumped!!!

Thank you, team and coach(s)!

I was at the game and was sitting among a large group of Red Storm fans. They appeared to be waiting for the game to turn bad for them even with the large lead. The guy in front of me kept asking if I thought they were going to win at halftime. I told him it depended on whether Kadary took the game over in the second half. I will never feel bad for a Red Storm fan but you could see they were waiting for the other shoe to drop the whole game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT