ADVERTISEMENT

Catching up

Dec 28, 2018
A lot to unpack recently. Glad that Coleman and Tubek are back, Chaunce and Middleton are nice pickups, the two frosh are promising, and although Wusu has some deficiencies as a player, he'd provide continuity and toughness. Wusu did not find the financials he was looking for either initially here or elsewhere, so chances are he is back at a cost effective rate. Terrible to lose KR to a local rival, but I don't blame the kid. He's going to make probably $1 million +, and get to be near his family and the place he grew up. These are real life decisions, so I can't begrudge him his moment. Add on the fact that kids like KR and Dre have little shot at an NBA career, and the money they can make now will be 5 times what they'd make overseas.

There were times KR could take over a game and have stretches where he was dominant, so it's a loss, but we tend to forget the maddening bouts of inconsistency and lack of motivation at times. And I'm sure most know this, but those consecutive games he sat out later in the season were reportedly not due to injury or medical unavailability. The trio of Richmond, Davis, and Dawes will be greatly missed, but that's the hand we have been dealt.

The key to all this is Sha. The guy is just really good at what he does. He has a system rooted in toughness and defensive accountability, and a consistent culture. That transcends the revolving door roster so many schools face, and allows Seton Hall to put a consistent product on the floor each year. I'd say look for one more fairly significant addition via the portal and maybe a late '24 from the high school ranks. And then it is up to our coaching staff.

No disagreements on anything you wrote. Hope the newcomers can at least be equal to what we had this past year.

Reactions: PiratePride
A lot to unpack recently. Glad that Coleman and Tubek are back, Chaunce and Middleton are nice pickups, the two frosh are promising, and although Wusu has some deficiencies as a player, he'd provide continuity and toughness. Wusu did not find the financials he was looking for either initially here or elsewhere, so chances are he is back at a cost effective rate. Terrible to lose KR to a local rival, but I don't blame the kid. He's going to make probably $1 million +, and get to be near his family and the place he grew up. These are real life decisions, so I can't begrudge him his moment. Add on the fact that kids like KR and Dre have little shot at an NBA career, and the money they can make now will be 5 times what they'd make overseas.

There were times KR could take over a game and have stretches where he was dominant, so it's a loss, but we tend to forget the maddening bouts of inconsistency and lack of motivation at times. And I'm sure most know this, but those consecutive games he sat out later in the season were reportedly not due to injury or medical unavailability. The trio of Richmond, Davis, and Dawes will be greatly missed, but that's the hand we have been dealt.

The key to all this is Sha. The guy is just really good at what he does. He has a system rooted in toughness and defensive accountability, and a consistent culture. That transcends the revolving door roster so many schools face, and allows Seton Hall to put a consistent product on the floor each year. I'd say look for one more fairly significant addition via the portal and maybe a late '24 from the high school ranks. And then it is up to our coaching staff.
Truth.

Reactions: HALL85
The problem with the system is it takes time. Look at Dawes and Davis at the end of year 1 compared to end of year 2. If they left after year 1 most people would've said who cares. I think we need to find guys who are being developed similar to how we develop guys so we get their year 2 as opposed to year 1.

I would like to know the true story of the three game sit out.At the time,I credited it to overall tiredness from the minutes he was playing.But now, I wonder whether he was squeezing us for more NIL $.Its a fair question given the circumstances of his departure.

Reactions: Burnsly and mbraue
First, it was two games, not three.
I would like to know the true story of the three game sit out.At the time,I credited it to overall tiredness from the minutes he was playing.But now, I wonder whether he was squeezing us for more NIL $.Its a fair question given the circumstances of his
I would like to know the true story of the three game sit out.At the time,I credited it to overall tiredness from the minutes he was playing.But now, I wonder whether he was squeezing us for more NIL $.Its a fair question given the circumstances of his departure.
first, it was two games and not three. The squeezing of SHU makes no sense. We went 7-3 down the stretch of the BE. Then KR plays five games in the NIT. He took an injury risk there that could have really affected his future. But he played and aside from game one, he played well.

That is what a twitterer twitted

Carino’s podcast this week gives the likely explanation. He was banged up and sore and shot 8/32 in the 3OT loss, people got in his ear to rest and not jeopardize the future despite medically cleared. Sore v. Injured. Not an NIL hold up. Who knows but that sounds reasonable to me and why Sha was surprised.

Maybe bc it was the back again idk.

Carino’s podcast this week gives the likely explanation. He was banged up and sore and shot 8/32 in the 3OT loss, people got in his ear to rest and not jeopardize the future despite medically cleared. Sore v. Injured. Not an NIL hold up. Who knows but that sounds reasonable to me and why Sha was surprised.

Maybe bc it was the back again idk.

Weak, either way. Hanging your teammates out to dry.

Reactions: Piratz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT