ADVERTISEMENT

CBS Sports Minute

Sep 3, 2010
John Feinstein's CBS Sports Minute was just about how Willard deserves a contract extension solely based on the class he showed by allowing Adams to score without a deal in place for Georgetown to return the points...

Maybe Feinstein can find another program that's looking for a coach to hire Willard .

Now that's hilarious. I legitimately laughed out loud.

First the FOX lovefest on Saturday and now this. Kudos to the Seton Hall PR staff, they're doing a great job keeping the media on point.

I would like to hear / read this because I have a hard time believing anyone would say he deserves an extension "solely" based on something so trivial. Then again, media types live like to say ridiculous things to get attention. But that is just even beyond ridiculous.

Does that mean that JTIII should receive a cut in pay for being an asshole for not allowing Seton Hall to score a basket to even the game?

Clearly winning doesn't matter when paying someone $1 million a year....between Boeheim and now this, how can anyone take the mainstream sports media seriously these days?

Very funny. Jon must be a friend. I love the way he throws aroud Seton Halls money. Believe me if Willard had the same record at his Alma MATER I guarantee he would be singing a much different song. Willard did a nice thing. Many Many coaches over the years on Senior Day always make nice gestures to the opponents. I know PJ Blaney Amaker and Orr would do the same. Gonzo I doubt it. With all this TV love fest going on with some of the announcers especially on FOX it doesn't surprise me. These guys know our record and history 0 NCAAS in 9 years and 3 in the last 21 years. Must be the school and ill bet with all of Willards connections Pitino etc. etc. this is what happens. Donny Marshall spoke highly of Willard the former UCONN player. Love to see what he would say if this was going on with UCONN. Plus on top UCONN was caught cheating and got in trouble. If we find out the school on top of the 5 year record and extension which was unbelievable is now putting out PR. like this well we really are in trouble. Hard to believe that we were so excited 2 years ago with the formation of the new Big East and Lyons and others talked big on how we are going to do everything possible to be a top level team in the league. 2 years later and look at the situation. Unbelievable. remember Willard through his dad and a lot of others has a ton of friends in the business. So take what u hear with a grain of salt.

Isn't the BE affiliated with CBS in some way?

We are a young team that will be dancing next year. Seton Hall will finish in the Top 3 of the BE next year.

Originally posted by HALL85:

Clearly winning doesn't matter when paying someone $1 million a year....between Boeheim and now this, how can anyone take the mainstream sports media seriously these days?
It's like that famous saying, "Winning isn't everything; it's nothing."

Originally posted by Flnj86:
We are a young team that will be dancing next year. Seton Hall will finish in the Top 3 of the BE next year.
Still waiting for preauthorization for your higher dose meds? How about you take an opinion and stick with it for once. Your more up and down than a yo-yo.

Originally posted by Flnj86:
This is at least the 10th time you have posted these two sentences. You're free, of course, to post whatever you like...but did it ever occur to you that identical repeated posts perhaps reflect poorly on the poster?

Just trying to open some of the other posters minds to the fact that I truly believe we are in for a really good season next year. Also by repeating the same thing over and over, it might wake some of you posters up, and realize what many of you sound like repeating the same thing over and over, often under different titles. Do you know what you have made this board like to read now. Coach Willard will be our Men's Basketball Coach next year, now repeat that again. Here is another one for you- Pete and repeat were sitting on a fence, Pete fell off, who was left- repeat. Now do you get it. What you post on a message board will not change the situation, do you understand. No meds will help you.

flnj86 will be the special presenter when they name the court at Walsh, Kevin Willard Court.......

And I have to believe...

...that extension was unanimously endorsed by every BE coach as well the guy with a 14-game losing streak south of us.

Last week Fl was posting just as repeatedly about how Willard had to go, but that sentiment has apparently been replaced and fallen down the memory hole, lost forever it seems. Maybe he needs to be rebooted.

Why aren't we winning the 2016 title? I thought recruiting a big man was going to happen and we were unstoppable?

I miss the guy from last week that was living in reality.

Willard Must Go.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT