ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Manon from Cornell to Seton Hall per his agency on X

The above is not correct. The Pirates really like where they stand. But he is taking his next visit to Vanderbilt.

Then a likely decision will be forthcoming.

Reactions: mbraue
I really like the pickup. Averaged 12.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, and 3.0 apg in only 22.2 mpg. We know Sha likes a short rotation, so these numbers have the potential to increase substantially.

His per 40 minutes translated to 22.5 ppg, 7.3 rpg, and 5.3 apg. These numbers were consistent his first three years in college.

With his good size for a guard and respectable 34% from 3 point range, I think we have found a player.

Assuming Kadary returns, he will have protection, so I believe the Big East adjustment will go smoothly.

Good pick up. Go Hall

Reactions: CL82
I still can't get over how a 6-5 guy can shoot 60% from 2 over his career.

Reactions: Piratz
Vandy was in on ISU transfer Ryan Conwell, who is apparently going to Xavier. Heck of a portal season for Sean miller. Manon is a similar guy to Conwell so the price may be going up

• Wow
Reactions: silkcitypirate
I really like the pickup. Averaged 12.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, and 3.0 apg in only 22.2 mpg. We know Sha likes a short rotation, so these numbers have the potential to increase substantially.

His per 40 minutes translated to 22.5 ppg, 7.3 rpg, and 5.3 apg. These numbers were consistent his first three years in college.

With his good size for a guard and respectable 34% from 3 point range, I think we have found a player.

Assuming Kadary returns, he will have protection, so I believe the Big East adjustment will go smoothly.

Good pick up. Go Hall
I don't know that Sha likes a short rotation. He used his bench liberally at St. Peter's. I think he has been forced to tighten his rotation because he doesn't have enough depth to play the way he truly wants to.

If Manon can defend at this level, he will get his minutes and have a chance to be productive.

I don't know that Sha likes a short rotation. He used his bench liberally at St. Peter's. I think he has been forced to tighten his rotation because he doesn't have enough depth to play the way he truly wants to.

If Manon can defend at this level, he will get his minutes and have a chance to be productive.
Offensively he reminds me of a Villanova player under Jay Wright. Manon is smart, crafty, and patient. Is under control with good leverage.

IMO, exactly. His style would thrive with a deep bench.

High foul rate though; 6.2 committed per 40 mins but also does a good job at drawing them.

May not be a major issue if we have some depth with Addae-Wusu, Felton, and Coleman.

Cornell was solid team last season. Saw them play couple times up in Ithaca this past winter and I like this pickup (assuming it gets Done).

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Seems that IVY teams are not all that bad as least some of them. No one wants to have Princeton on their schedule and that includes a lot of BE schools. Just because kids go to an IVY school does not mean they are not really good basketball players. Kids that can make free throws, make 3 pointers have really good fundamental skill and play smart team basketball are in high demand and can be found at IVY schools. They go there for the education and the degree.

Trust me, my info is solid.

We are the heavy favorites but he will be taking his next visit to Vanderbilt and then a decision will be forthcoming.
Vandy and Nashville are a great combo. Hope he wants to be closer to NYC.

The video that I watched shows a player with good instincts going to the rim. I believe those skills will be brought to a tougher league. Could he have more difficulty finishing? Sure, but we will have to see if he chooses The Hall.

I would think he'd be way better.
Me too. But that depends on what you think of Sanders. A contingent here thought he was our "X factor" this coming season and a potential real contributor as a 6th man. No doubt the back-pedaling will start now that he's portalling and we are apparently bringing in someone else. From what I've seen of Sanders so far, and just scouting the stat line for this kid, I agree with you the odds are more likely it is an improvement.

Seems like a decent pickup on the surface. Ivy guys are usually fundamentally sound. We need that.
Agreed. Usually fundamentally sound. Usually know how to play when they are experienced and come from a solid Ivy program. Kid has good size, which is helpful in the Big East. I think the ability to finish at the rim and deal with quicker/bigger/more athletic players is always a transition and challenge for Ivy kids stepping up to the Big East level, and that impacts both the offensive and defensive ends of the court. Jury out on how that will translate.

With Aiken, I thought the transition on the offensive end was easier. But Aiken was a kid who could have easily played high major D-I from the jump, and seemingly went the Harvard route because of the educational aspect (and smart call by him).

With many others, we have seen it translate differently. Using Ledlum as an example, he was a kid who dominated the Ivy for 2 years. Was he a solid Big East player this year -- yes. But he also was nowhere near the force he was at the Ivy level. Maybe his injuries played a role in that, but simply moving up to face quicker, bigger, more athletic kids was no doubt a part too.

Agreed. Usually fundamentally sound. Usually know how to play when they are experienced and come from a solid Ivy program. Kid has good size, which is helpful in the Big East. I think the ability to finish at the rim and deal with quicker/bigger/more athletic players is always a transition and challenge for Ivy kids stepping up to the Big East level, and that impacts both the offensive and defensive ends of the court. Jury out on how that will translate.

With Aiken, I thought the transition on the offensive end was easier. But Aiken was a kid who could have easily played high major D-I from the jump, and seemingly went the Harvard route because of the educational aspect (and smart call by him).

With many others, we have seen it translate differently. Using Ledlum as an example, he was a kid who dominated the Ivy for 2 years. Was he a solid Big East player this year -- yes. But he also was nowhere near the force he was at the Ivy level. Maybe his injuries played a role in that, but simply moving up to face quicker, bigger, more athletic kids was no doubt a part too.
And IMO this kid isn't anywhere near as good as Ledlum was in the Ivy league, just scouting the stat lines.

You see ivy leagues and mid majors knock off the big boys every year because it’s just a one game season. Night in and night out in the big east is a whole different animal

This whole transfer up to the next level and it automatically translates is more often than not- not the case. especially when you need immediate production. This is no longer a transfer up and give us something in year 1 and be a star in year 2. Year 2 likely won’t happen with the transfer Portal

Reactions: PF58
Me too. But that depends on what you think of Sanders. A contingent here thought he was our "X factor" this coming season and a potential real contributor as a 6th man. No doubt the back-pedaling will start now that he's portalling and we are apparently bringing in someone else. From what I've seen of Sanders so far, and just scouting the stat line for this kid, I agree with you the odds are more likely it is an improvement.
I think I liked JS more than most and he was not an X factor to me. He was a kid I hoped would contribute. After a very uneventful early season he played poorly in the BE, not ever shooting decently, many bad misses. No confidence. He came on after Isaiah got sick in the NIT and played very well. I hope he stays. X factor? Not close.

Will he be more productive than a 3rd year healthy Jaquan Sanders? Asking for a friend.......
Yup
who the hell ever said that

I hope this is true. He's a damn good player and he's home grown. He can play the 2 or 3. I see him as a day 1 starter at SG for us if he comes on board. He does a lot of things that Addae-Wusu does as far as hustle and effort but has a higher basketball IQ and better around the rim

I hope this is true. He's a damn good player and he's home grown. He can play the 2 or 3. I see him as a day 1 starter at SG for us if he comes on board. He does a lot of things that Addae-Wusu does as far as hustle and effort but has a higher basketball IQ and better around the rim
Assuming Manon and Richmond fall into place….Does Wusu slide over to the undersized four role that Dre held last year, with Richmond, Coleman and Manon as starters? Or one of the three (not Richmond) off the bench with Prince at the four?

Need that starter at the five with Godswill giving 10-12 minutes in reserve.

Reactions: Harty9 and Piratz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT