ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Manon from Cornell to Seton Hall per his agency on X

He can't play at Cornell because the Ivies don't allow grad students to play.

My question (and it may have been addressed elsewhere) is how many years of eligibility he has. His freshman year was 2020-21 and the Ivies didn't play that season. Presumably he has a redshirt year plus his extra COVID season.
Maybe. We’ll see how the NCAA rules on this with Dingle and Ledlum at SJU

Reading the tea leaves leads me to believe this & the Wusu leaving thread might be intertwined.
Could be. Manon and Wusu would have a similar role. You likely wouldn’t build a roster with both of them when $ and space is seemingly an issue

They have appealed to the NCAA to get back the Covid year the Ivy League didn’t play.
The NCAA probably won’t cave on that unless a lawsuit is threatened. Both of those kids have Ivy League degrees and overseas professional options, so I don’t see them bringing suit. With the NCAA losing total control on some of this stuff I think they will cling onto anything they can.

I expect major roster turnover every year now. And there is so much misinformation on interest, NIL and rumor sites like Trilly, that let’s face it….we are in the dark. So theorizing about roster construction and strategy from a fans perspective is probably a huge waste of time.

We know the types of players Sha likes, but anything after that is completely guessing.

CL: ..... while I have you here.....
What is the word of Hausen to UCONN? The buzz has quieted recently.
It's still a thing, but not a done deal. He would be a very nice piece for us.

They have appealed to the NCAA to get back the Covid year the Ivy League didn’t play.

The NCAA probably won’t cave on that unless a lawsuit is threatened. Both of those kids have Ivy League degrees and overseas professional options, so I don’t see them bringing suit. With the NCAA losing total control on some of this stuff I think they will cling onto anything they can.
There's no good reason they shouldn't have the extra year. The NCAA granted everybody on a roster that additional year (rather than limit it to players at schools that didn't play) so that year should be treated as a redshirt for the players who actually weren't able to play.

Reactions: Piratz
200.webp

And St Johns just got the big man from USC. I believe we will find people similar to last year where the team came together late in the process and it worked out, but it would be nice to have some decent players want to be here. Not just Prince types who are looking for a second chance or guys left in the portal grasping onto any team with money remaining. I trust Sha but it's tough to be a fan under these circumstances.

The above is not correct. The Pirates really like where they stand. But he is taking his next visit to Vanderbilt.

Then a likely decision will be forthcoming.
This is what I meant last week when BlueChip Sports said he was coming here.

As late as this weekend the Pirates felt good about getting him. I'm sure money changed all that. We can't afford to give big bucks to a player like Manon. And I say that as I really liked his game.

Maybe Vanderbilt upped
the offer. Things change by the minute these days. He is right way more than he is wrong. Of course he can post rumors unlike credible journalists.
So he can pick everyone and look right most of the time…lol

Funny how we hate the portal when our players enter it smile we can't wait to find out what players we'll get from it
Not sure who is smiling. 4 of our 5 starters had 2 years with Sha. We're likely looking at 5 new players going into year 1 with Sha to build up. You must be standing on your head if you think people are smiling.

Reactions: donnie_baseball
This comment didn’t age well. It was not about Dan wanting to be the only one to break the news it was about him getting the information correct. Dan doesn’t jump the gun.
Hmm. HallDans burner account? But when I’m wrong, I’m wrong. Not often tho

• Haha
Reactions: TheHall87
No, different guy, I just appreciate the work he does here

Last edited:
Bummer. I liked this kid's game a lot. Would of been a perfect replacement for Wudu will his toughness and hustle. He will do well wherever he goes

Reactions: mbraue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT