ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Precautions at the Rock?

shufan1993

All American
Gold Member
Apr 24, 2017
Does anyone know what direction the Rock will go this winter? I'm waiting for this announcement so I can buy season tickets. Will only vaccinated individuals be allowed in? Will any proof of vaccine requirement be needed? Will masks be required?

It seems so far that the Rock's policy has been in line with whatever the NJ state regulations are at the given time

Does anyone know what direction the Rock will go this winter? I'm waiting for this announcement so I can buy season tickets. Will only vaccinated individuals be allowed in? Will any proof of vaccine requirement be needed? Will masks be required?
Stop lying. You’re not waiting to buy season tickets. You can’t say in one breath that you’re sheltering in place until 2030 and in another that you can’t wait to get to the Rock in November. You’re just trying to start a ridiculous thread here in Dan’s absence/vacation.

Keep this shit on LOTS, where you already essentially started the same thread.

JP, can’t tell you what to do, but I’d say lock the thread or just move it to LOTS now where it’ll belong in a few hours.

Stop lying. You’re not waiting to buy season tickets. You can’t say in one breath that you’re sheltering in place until 2030 and in another that you can’t wait to get to the Rock in November. You’re just trying to start a ridiculous thread here in Dan’s absence/vacation.

Keep this shit on LOTS, where you already essentially started the same thread.

JP, can’t tell you what to do, but I’d say lock the thread or just move it to LOTS now where it’ll belong in a few hours.

Not sure what the issue is? I was just asking about precautions at the rock. I'm sure other fans are wondering as well. Really not sure what your issue is.

Not sure what the issue is? I was just asking about precautions at the rock. I'm sure other fans are wondering as well. Really not sure what your issue is.
If you are really that curious then why not call the university or the Prudential Center and ask them instead of asking here? You do know that no one here will have any say in the matter, correct? Please take your panic peddling elsewhere.

shufan1993, the issue is that 98% of your posts on here and LOTS are centered around COVID, you sheltering in place, and your disbelief about how "irresponsible" so many are.

Based on that fact alone, are you surprised no one is taking your post about "buying season tickets" seriously?

If you are really that curious then why not call the university or the Prudential Center and ask them instead of asking here? You do know that no one here will have any say in the matter, correct? Please take your panic peddling elsewhere.
What is this "panic peddling" you are talking about? I just asked a simple question. I am sure a lot of people are holding off on buying tickets until they understand the precautions. This is a Seton hall basketball board, correct?

I don't have admin capabilities in Dan's absence, so I can't lock it or move it.

I do agree that it is an unanswerable question right now and we all have to wait until the school states its policy. I would guess, as I said before, masks will be required because that, unfortunately, is the way the country is trending at the moment.

But it's all just speculation with the season three months away and none of us knowing exactly what the situation will be at that time. As someone stated, the school will also have to comply with whatever state policy is at the time, and we all just saw what was done with schools.

Reactions: JRSlim2284 and sami
I don't have admin capabilities in Dan's absence, so I can't lock it or move it.

I do agree that it is an unanswerable question right now and we all have to wait until the school states its policy. I would guess, as I said before, masks will be required because that, unfortunately, is the way the country is trending at the moment.

But it's all just speculation with the season three months away and none of us knowing exactly what the situation will be at that time. As someone stated, the school will also have to comply with whatever state policy is at the time, and we all just saw what was done with schools.

Thank you for the feedback. Not sure why people get worked up over a simple question like this.

Reactions: dutchpride
Thank you for the feedback. Not sure why people get worked up over a simple question like this.
This is a conclusion you should have been able to come to one your own or, like I said before, you could call the university or the Prudential Center yourself. You know, contact the people that might actually be able to answer your question. You are apparently terrified to leave your house so instead of season tickets maybe checking out an all access plan through your cable provider or streaming service would be a better use of your time.

This is a conclusion you should have been able to come to one your own or, like I said before, you could call the university or the Prudential Center yourself. You know, contact the people that might actually be able to answer your question. You are apparently terrified to leave your house so instead of season tickets maybe checking out an all access plan through your cable provider or streaming service would be a better use of your time.

People that work in the ticket office and in the University are posters on this board. I guess you did not know that. Have a nice night.

It’s kind of a ridiculous question -what will the covid protocols be in 3 months? If we’ve leaned anything over the past year+, it’s that there is no way to predict with the protocols will be next few weeks let alone next few months.

even if the rock came out today and said our protocol is “xyz” it wouldn’t mean anything because the situation is fluid. Everything could change tomorrow.

What is this "panic peddling" you are talking about? I just asked a simple question. I am sure a lot of people are holding off on buying tickets until they understand the precautions. This is a Seton hall basketball board, correct?
You're not a SHU fan if you're holding off buying tickets until COVID policy is announced. Watch the games on TV.

It’s kind of a ridiculous question -what will the covid protocols be in 3 months? If we’ve leaned anything over the past year+, it’s that there is no way to predict with the protocols will be next few weeks let alone next few months.

even if the rock came out today and said our protocol is “xyz” it wouldn’t mean anything because the situation is fluid. Everything could change tomorrow.
But you have to keep in mind the guy has been locked up in his basement for 18 months and this is the only thing he focuses on 24/7/365. Sadly he also wants us to focus on this 24/7/365 as well.

You're not a SHU fan if you're holding off buying tickets until COVID policy is announced. Watch the games on TV.
I’m holding off buying any tickets until I know the situation because my young kids often attend games with me. That’s an issue on several fronts. Agree there is no use speculating at this point because of the ever-changing environment.

Also, I'm not in the camp of telling folks who post here they are or aren't a real fan. Most posters here are, otherwise why would you be visiting the site. And we aren't exactly a fanbase that can be exclusive to new members or casual followers; personally I'd like to see a point in my lifetime where we do not have numerous separate threads on gamedays begging and pleading with fans to show up.

Who the heck are you for saying I'm not a Seton Hall basketball fan? And yes I'm sure there are some Seton hall basketball fans that are waiting to see what the state of the pandemic is and what type of protocols the rock will be following before they buy tickets.

Who the heck are you for saying I'm not a Seton Hall basketball fan? And yes I'm sure there are some Seton hall basketball fans that are waiting to see what the state of the pandemic is and what type of protocols the rock will be following before they buy tickets.
While that may be true, to a point, they aren’t here all day, every day, asking about it.

Reactions: lloyde dobler
Because you claim you are interested in buying tickets for the fall, but from your post on LOTS you claim to have left the house only once in 18 months to get the J&J vaccine shot.

Plus the fact that events happen at the Rock and other NJ venues currently, if policies change it will not be SHU choice, but will be driven by directives of the state of NJ.

Nothing to do with the Rock, but I was planning on heading out to Williamsport, PA this weekend. They were set to allow 3,000 fans for general admission. Cancelled general admission this past Friday. Could be a sign of things to come.

Nothing to do with the Rock, but I was planning on heading out to Williamsport, PA this weekend. They were set to allow 3,000 fans for general admission. Cancelled general admission this past Friday. Could be a sign of things to come.

Yes. This is why I think we will have no fans at the rock this season. Williamsport is an outdoor settings. With Delta in play now and Lambda/other variants in the next couple months, things aren't looking good.

Yes. This is why I think we will have no fans at the rock this season. Williamsport is an outdoor settings. With Delta in play now and Lambda/other variants in the next couple months, things aren't looking good.
That's one angle. The other approach is maybe by November we will have a better understanding of the variants and this will be viewed as over precautious.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
That's one angle. The other approach is maybe by November we will have a better understanding of the variants and this will be viewed as over precautious.

By reading what experts think, that will not be the case. But I forgot people don't listen to the experts anyway.

Let's put it this way. If I could, I would shut down or move this thread, for the reason others have stated.

I'll also say this. I'm hoping for good things. Fearing the worst, yes, but hoping for something better. It's been a long 17 months for all of us but I would rather hope for life to get better than to accept it being terrible ad infinitum. Accepting that life is going to suck forever is admitting defeat and I'm not going there nor should anyone else. But I can only speak for myself.

Reactions: Hallsome
Let's put it this way. If I could, I would shut down or move this thread, for the reason others have stated.

I'll also say this. I'm hoping for good things. Fearing the worst, yes, but hoping for something better. It's been a long 17 months for all of us but I would rather hope for life to get better than to accept it being terrible ad infinitum. Accepting that life is going to suck forever is admitting defeat and I'm not going there nor should anyone else. But I can only speak for myself.

I never said this would last forever. I have said to listen to the experts. And unfortunately, the experts are telling us this pandemic is with us for awhile. That's just the way its going to be. We had our chance to vaccinate the population but too many people did not take the vaccine in time. The variants are winning now.

I never said this would last forever. I have said to listen to the experts. And unfortunately, the experts are telling us this pandemic is with us for awhile. That's just the way its going to be. We had our chance to vaccinate the population but too many people did not take the vaccine in time. The variants are winning now.
That's why I would gently suggest to keep it on LOTS in the future. I think most people, myself included, come here to get away from COVID fatigue for awhile and talk about other stuff, particularly SHU basketball. Most of us don't want to be reminded about it again. It's impacted our daily lives negatively enough and we come to this board for a respite. That's all I'm saying.

Trust me, as someone whose alma mater also missed out on a trip to the NCAAs in 2020, I'm sure that wound will never close for many of the people here, considering that was perhaps the best Seton Hall team in nearly 30 years. A lot of people are COVIDed out. And that hurt doesn't begin to compare to the lost and ruined lives, income, businesses, etc.

In mid-to-late October, your question would be much more applicable and relevant. Right now, we all are throwing darts in trying to project what the protocols will be for the season.

Last edited:
That's why I would gently suggest to keep it on LOTS in the future. I think most people, myself included, come here to get away from COVID fatigue for awhile and talk about other stuff, particularly SHU basketball. Most of us don't want to be reminded about it again. It's impacted our daily lives negatively enough and we come to this board for a respite. That's all I'm saying.

Trust me, as someone whose alma mater also missed out on a trip to the NCAAs in 2020, I'm sure that wound will never close for many of the people here, considering that was perhaps the best Seton Hall team in nearly 30 years. A lot of people are COVIDed out. And that hurt doesn't begin to compare to the lost and ruined lives, income, businesses, etc.

In mid-to-late October, your question would be much more applicable and relevant. Right now, we all are throwing darts in trying to project what the protocols will be for the season.
We’ll said JP.

Thank you for the clarification!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT