ADVERTISEMENT

Craziest bubble I have ever seen.

pirate AI

Gold Member
Dec 25, 2021
There are basically 5 bid stealers and if Oregon wins, that would be 6. New Mexico and Texas am were not in tourney before this weekend. FAU and Dayton losing. Nc state beating North Carolina. And maybe Oregon. Last year there were zero bid stealers. Just crazy. How depressing. The big east may only get 3 Bids.

Reactions: Pirate Russ
There are basically 5 bid stealers and if Oregon wins, that would be 6. New Mexico and Texas am were not in tourney before this weekend. FAU and Dayton losing. Nc state beating North Carolina. And maybe Oregon. Last year there were zero bid stealers. Just crazy. How depressing. The big east may only get 3 Bids.
See my other post don't Dont tell me there isn't damn collusion in college basketball
3 teams tonight heavily favored to win their tournament (FAU , North Carolina and Colorado) all ncaa bound lose to teams that have to win to get into ncaa tourney. All three losing get additional teams from their conference in and knock out big east teams and others.

3 bids for the Big East is a travesty

Well one of the teams alive is being looked at for out shaving (Temple), lmaooooo.

• Haha
Reactions: pirate AI
See my other post don't Dont tell me there isn't damn collusion in college basketball
3 teams tonight heavily favored to win their tournament (FAU , North Carolina and Colorado) all ncaa bound lose to teams that have to win to get into ncaa tourney. All three losing get additional teams from their conference in and knock out big east teams and others.
its a legal play. and maybe the big east shoudla done it.

i doubt thats happening.

Reactions: Piratz
Well one of the teams alive is being looked at for out shaving (Temple), lmaooooo.
is it point shaving? something was also up with the spreads moving crazy amounts.

betting is ruining sports

i guess one question, does more team in the ncaa tourney = more money or is it all relative because it is shared anyway

Seems like the SEC and ACC have been doing it for years.

Apparently conference metrics don’t matter. Without DePaul our conference would be so much stronger.

Reactions: bforce27
3 bids for the Big East is a travesty

How does this conference get only 3 bids?

Kenpom

The whole thing is so quirky bc there are so many factors the Committee can choose to highlight as more important than another. It does seem odd. Maybe FAU, Oklahoma, or Izzo should be out.

And how funny would it be if the final 3 teams in contention are the 3 BE. A team that went 20-12, 13-7 and beat the overall #1 seed is likely to play in the NIT. The most SHU thing ever.

Last edited:
Three teams from BE is travesty. Also despite the media generally listing sju above shu on the bubble, I think a truly objective evaluator would see the Shu advantages in head to head, conf standing, and best win. Also, maybe some committee member biases (against pitino) will help our case. But I think it will be easier for them to leave both teams out. Stupid Rutgers bad loss will be on the team profile graphics to give our friends a little PR.

21 number 1 seeds in conference tournaments lost this year. That is a record I think and is the reason for the craziest bubble.

How does this conference get only 3 bids?

Kenpom

This is the flip side Dan and why I’m holding out hope. I don’t see how you give the league less than 5 with those numbers. The problem of course is the metrics with all these teams and specific isolated results cut both ways, as I know you know. We are touting a metric like this in favor of the Hall, but then pissing on other Kenpom metrics that don’t look quite as good.

I just dont see how you send a 13-7 BE team to the NIT, what happened pre-big east was obviously improved upon, we played USC when they were ranked

The problem the Big East has is that it would be hard for the Committee to take either SJU or Providence over SHU because of the in conference records. Seton Hall was the better team in conference by a large margin based on record and strength of wins. However, our out of conference schedule was bad and our in conference losses were mostly blowouts which made us a weak bubble team that had to keep winning at a high rate. We did not do this. I like these players but with the exception of Dylan they play a little lazy when they are too comfortable. In the end if the league only gets three bids it will be its own fault.

and we blew out the so called #1 over all seed, so what? we blew out SJU as well , no love for those ?

I just dont see how you send a 13-7 BE team to the NIT, what happened pre-big east was obviously improved upon, we played USC when they were ranked
13-8 with four wins coming against DePaul and Georgetown.

EVERYBODY in our league had 4 wins to those teams though so that means their records were inflated as well whats your point?

so take away those 4 wins and were 9-7 but those below us now drop to 7-9 etc etc etc

EVERYBODY in our league had 4 wins to those teams though so that means their records were inflated as well whats your point?
Those wins are a big reason your Net is so bad. Not your fault, but it's a factor

And coveresley 6 games against top 10 type teams. It goes both ways.

Wins and Losses should matter, not margin of victory, if we went undefeated and only won by 1 in each game, would our NET be like 100?

Reactions: BucBloc
Wins and Losses should matter, not margin of victory, if we went undefeated and only won by 1 in each game, would our NET be like 100?
I disagree. I think that what they should really do is advance the 32 teams with the best metrics in round 1, no matter who actually won the games.

/s

Yup, like the RPI measured. And Seton Hall's RPI is 79.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT