ADVERTISEMENT

Deaf Awareness

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
Email from good friend Gary Noll who is deaf.....

The Big East conference says yes today - we will have the national anthem ASL during tournament next year. I think in the championship game.

Seton Hall Athletics

Seton Hall May think over and review having national anthem ASL and other ASL features during Seton Hall basketball games at Prudential Center this year. Rutgers vs Seton Hall basketball? Not yet confirmed.

Rutgers Athletics

Rutgers will have national anthem - American Sign Language (ASL) during football game vs Virginia Tech as part of Rutgers community day on Sept 16. Possible other ASL features. Rutgers consider to have national anthem ASL during basketball hoops and softball games, but not clear when.

Rutgers SHI stadium already added 2nd live captioning boards during football games this season. Live captions display in the East and West of SHI stadium.
Both confirmed

Madison Square Garden sports

MSG is still reviewing and considering NY Knicks and NY Rangers Deaf awareness night or all abilities night with National anthem ASL and other ASL features to happen. I had great MSG zoom meeting with ASL interpreters last Tuesday. I recommend them to have a meeting with sponsor (sponsor host NY Islanders Deaf awareness night in Feb and NY Mets Deaf awareness day this coming Sunday, July 30) and also Mike Glenn former great NBA and NY Knicks player who runs successful NBA Deaf and hard of hearing camps. MSG already had zoom meeting with the sponsor early today.

Office of Big East conference

They helped me to get MSG sports captioning on scoreboards before. We had zoom meeting to discuss national anthem ASL and possible ASL features during Big East women and men basketball tournament today They said yes. They will look for right person. Give them org and people resources.
Yes confirmed

Barclays Center, Brooklyn

Barclays Center
is still working on my request to add Mobile captioning QR code scan advertisement on video scoreboard and screen and also live captioning boards as well during Brooklyn Nets and NY Liberty basketball and other sports games.

Once they do, I’ll raise ASL and Deaf awareness day at Barclays Center.

MLB baseball

New York Mets
will have Deaf awareness day this coming Sunday, July 30

New York Yankees
will have zoom meeting with me early next week or in two weeks - August to discuss potential Deaf awareness day. They had an internal discussion but not ready to commit.

NHL hockey

New York Islanders
will have Deaf awareness night again next year

New Jersey Devils will have ASL night again next year

Reactions: Section112
Seton Hall should be easily able to recruit a few students from their sign language classes to do the National Anthem at games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT