ADVERTISEMENT

Democratic Desperation

If I were the Dems strategist I would focus on three issues:
- Plan for Healthcare
- Comprehensive Immigration reform
- Campaign finance reform

Forget about reparations, the New Green Deal, voting from jail and the economy unless there is a downturn. You are not shifting the middle leading with those issues.

On the first two points, suggest a compromise plan on security, DACA, etc. that shows the entire problem needs to solved. IMO, you would get a lot of support sticking to a comprehensive plan rather than arguing against any kind of wall. And take a bold approach on getting the money out of politics.

No but thinking every word out of his mouth is a lie, that’s TDS. Funny how originally there was no crisis on the border, it was all a lie, but now more and more democrats are talking about it.

I wouldn't defend Trump on lying. That one especially...woof! 10K. Congrats...? https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-or-misleading-claims/?utm_term=.7a171985a09e

As for the border "crisis", it depends upon how you look at it. Both sides have misrepresented it. There were some BS claims from Trump/GOP during the campaign and continuing today. Any Dem citing the border apprehension statistics and ignoring the recent sharp spike in apprehensions is BSing too. https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/2019/0321/Is-there-a-border-crisis-Depends-on-how-you-measure-it

If you want to skip the blame game and focus on solutions, read up on what border security experts recommend. It's a mix of barriers (call it a wall if you wish), more agents, technology (cameras, sensors, satellites), and fixing the badly backlogged asylum-seeking process (a contributor to the spike in crossing apprehensions) would be the best approach. That's not going to 100% solve the problem, but it's a pragmatic solution with expert consensus.

This thread was about the Democratic candidates and there was a pretty decent back and forth....you were the one that redirected it to Trump.....textbook TDS.

Threads get derailed all the time. Let's call TDS what it really is, a thinly veiled framing mechanism for those unable or unwilling to cope with the negatives realities of Trump. I can make stuff up too.

You have TDDS (Trump Derangement Delusional Disorder). TDDS is a mental disorder suffered by Trump supporters and defenders who have abandoned their sense of reality, morality, objectivity, and principles rather than face the truth. Incapable of accepting the massive amounts of valid criticism Trump faces, they derisively claim critics have TDS as an unsophisticated "I'm rubber and you're glue" defense.

Side Effects of TDDS include: serious skin reactions, cardiovascular events, night terrors, insomnia, eye disorders, yellowing toenails, diarrhea, loss of friends, high blood pressure, low character, hypocrisy, gas, lying, nervous system disorders, obstruction of justice, heartburn, tax evasion, infidelity, and low testosterone.

Treatment: Grasp your ears firmly and pull. :)

If you want to skip the blame game and focus on solutions, read up on what border security experts recommend. It's a mix of barriers (call it a wall if you wish), more agents, technology (cameras, sensors, satellites), and fixing the badly backlogged asylum-seeking process (a contributor to the spike in crossing apprehensions) would be the best approach. That's not going to 100% solve the problem, but it's a pragmatic solution with expert consensus.

Pretty much what Trump has been doing since elected.

Threads get derailed all the time. Let's call TDS what it really is, a thinly veiled framing mechanism for those unable or unwilling to cope with the negatives realities of Trump. I can make stuff up too.

You have TDDS (Trump Derangement Delusional Disorder). TDDS is a mental disorder suffered by Trump supporters and defenders who have abandoned their sense of reality, morality, objectivity, and principles rather than face the truth. Incapable of accepting the massive amounts of valid criticism Trump faces, they derisively claim critics have TDS as an unsophisticated "I'm rubber and you're glue" defense.

Side Effects of TDDS include: serious skin reactions, cardiovascular events, night terrors, insomnia, eye disorders, yellowing toenails, diarrhea, loss of friends, high blood pressure, low character, hypocrisy, gas, lying, nervous system disorders, obstruction of justice, heartburn, tax evasion, infidelity, and low testosterone.

Treatment: Grasp your ears firmly and pull. :)
lol... you pretty much proved my point and defined TDS. I’m doing fine. I have endured many presidents including this one, that I did not support nor vote for. There aren’t many things in life to get wrapped around the axle about including this. Peace!

Pretty much what Trump has been doing since elected.

Disagree. He has been obsessed with a campaign promise.
Not that the democrats have been leaders on the issue, they haven't... but pragmatism has not been Trump's approach at all.

lol... you pretty much proved my point and defined TDS. I’m doing fine. I have endured many presidents including this one, that I did not support nor vote for. There aren’t many things in life to get wrapped around the axle about including this. Peace!

No no no. You proved my point and define TDDS. See how that works? ;) Ignorance is fun!

No no no. You proved my point and define TDDS. See how that works? ;) Ignorance is fun!
But TDDS isn’t a thing...a google search of TDS provides multiple hits of your illness. Your turn...:)

But TDDS isn’t a thing...a google search of TDS provides multiple hits of your illness. Your turn...:)

TDS isn’t real. It’s made up, just like BDS and ODS. I’ll go with the APA and mental health experts over Google and the Urban Dictionary.

TDS isn’t real. It’s made up, just like BDS and ODS. I’ll go with the APA and mental health experts over Google and the Urban Dictionary.
How about you just respond to the topic instead of posting another triggered rant?

BP and HSI I've met are pretty pleased with improvements on several fronts beyond the wall.

MSM is obsessed with the wall.

That’s anecdotal and doesn’t in any way answer the question. Specifically, how has Trump ‘pretty much been doing’ what I wrote?

Reactions: Bobbie Solo
How about you just respond to the topic instead of posting another triggered rant?

Interesting framing...factual information is a triggered rant. Where have I seen this logic applied before...?

“Factual”...LMAO

That’s right. These are not real disorders. They are not recognized by the American Psychiatric Association. They are literally made up. Now would be a good time to stop.

That’s right. These are not real disorders. They are not recognized by the American Psychiatric Association. They are literally made up. Now would be a good time to stop.
Good night Stevie...

Your post said we need more technology. funding for technology has drastically increased since he was elected. I happen to be the implementation of that technology.

he has attempted to negotiate with Congress to get them to move on changing the laws. The Dems and MSM, never wants to pass up on an opportunity, turn that into an argument about separating children.

Yes... Let’s talk about anything other than the train wreck on top of a plane crash inside a dumpster fire that is the White House lie factory.

That was your original unsubstantiated, pedestrian post that derailed the thread.

where is your outrage about the Joe Biden lie factory that started yesterday in front of the whopping crowd of 600?

listen to his rant about how the raging stock market only benefits the CEOs and stockholders.

Note to Joe:

All these unions that you adore have their pension plans invested in those stocks. every non-union person that holds a job and has a 401k has their money invested in the stocks. We all benefit

He told an outright lie and he knows it. He also knows that the average idiot can't figure it out, will like his message and may vote for him.

He knows he can't win by taking Trump on about the state of the economy and so he needs to lie about it.

Last edited:
Your post said we need more technology. funding for technology has drastically increased since he was elected. I happen to be the implementation of that technology.

he has attempted to negotiate with Congress to get them to move on changing the laws. The Dems and MSM, never wants to pass up on an opportunity, turn that into an argument about separating children.

Dems were all in on funding for enhanced tech to help secure the border though.

It wasnt a negotiation. Trump needed his wall because he couldnt back away from a campaign promise. He wasnt willing to negotiate to a middle ground because he would look like he failed.

"Middle Class Joe" has a quarter million dollar year pension and makes $100,000 per speaking engagement.

You going to stand behind that "middle class" lie?

Dems were all in on funding for enhanced tech to help secure the border though.

It wasnt a negotiation. Trump needed his wall because he couldnt back away from a campaign promise. He wasnt willing to negotiate to a middle ground because he would look like he failed.

Horses*it!

He made many attempts and reduced the amount that he asked for. He was willing on several occasions to compromise.

Pelosi responded with “How Many More Times Can We Say, ‘No, Nothing for the Wall’?”

and

"I'd give one dollar for the wall".

Is that your idea of a negotiation?

Last edited:
These are not real disorders. They are not recognized by the American Psychiatric Association. They are literally made up.

Goddammit Stevie...you're a goddamned genius! That's the most outstanding answer I have ever heard!! You must have a goddamned IQ of 160. You are goddamned gifted Pvt Stevie! Lol

Horses*it!

He made many attempts and reduced the amount that he asked for. He was willing on several occasions to compromise.

Pelosi responded with “How Many More Times Can We Say, ‘No, Nothing for the Wall’?”

and

"I'd give one dollar for the wall".

Is that your idea of a negotiation?

Lol... Should I go find some comments from Trump as well where he just says he is going declare a national emergency and do the wall no matter what democrats say? Yeah... look at that fantastic negotiating.

Goddammit Stevie...you're a goddamned genius! That's the most outstanding answer I have ever heard!! You must have a goddamned IQ of 160. You are goddamned gifted Pvt Stevie! Lol

I only scored a 135 and you're no R. Lee Ermey.

I only scored a 135 and you're no R. Lee Ermey.

Ermey was in Full Metal Jacket. Those are the Marines. I was Army

Afemo Omilami play Gump's drill Sergeant.

I met Ermey once at a World War II Weekend in Reading. Very personable guy.

Lol... Should I go find some comments from Trump as well where he just says he is going declare a national emergency and do the wall no matter what democrats say? Yeah... look at that fantastic negotiating.

LMAO.

Rightfully done in response to someone who would not negotiate in good faith which is exactly what Pelosi did.

Ermey was in Full Metal Jacket. Those are the Marines. I was Army

Afemo Omilami play Gump's drill Sergeant.

I met Ermey once at a World War II Weekend in Reading. Very personable guy.

I'm aware of the movie reference. I just don't know the actor who played that role in Gump off the top of my head, so I went with Ermey. I heard an extended interview with him years ago and he was hilarious. Very entertaining.

10 years now, I thought it was 12 years? What, did we get 2 years off for good behavior?

10 years now, I thought it was 12 years? What, did we get 2 years off for good behavior?

The report he is referencing said we have until 2030 to act. He was talking about what he would do as president if elected in 2020 and his 10 year plan.

I hope we can all agree that, wherever you stand on this President, it ain't getting any better any time soon, if the 2020 Democratic field is any indication.

"If elected president in 2020, O'Rourke's "very first bill he sends to Congress ... will mobilize $5 trillion over 10 years — spurred by the single largest investment to fight climate change in history — to transform our aging infrastructure, accelerate innovation, and empower our people and communities to lead the climate fight,"

"the bill he would introduce to Congress would be funded by "changes to the tax code to ensure corporations and the wealthiest among us pay their fair share"

Like....I like...totally support...like climate change is bad...and like... I mean corporations literally have like..too much money...

I hope we can all agree that, wherever you stand on this President, it ain't getting any better any time soon, if the 2020 Democratic field is any indication.

Obviously, no. I would not agree with that.

They would all be an improvement, just a measure of magnitude from there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT