ADVERTISEMENT

Depth Chart

This roster will not be as bad as 356/362 in bench minutes again. But will that matter if the talent isn’t good enough? We’ll see.

Sha’s first year was burnt by injuries, his second the opposite which is a big reason we had a good year despite the bench we had.

This roster will not be as bad as 356/362 in bench minutes again. But will that matter if the talent isn’t good enough? We’ll see.

Sha’s first year was burnt by injuries, his second the opposite which is a big reason we had a good year despite the bench we had.
The 3 best players happened to be the guys he had close to 24 months with and remember things didn’t click immediately in year 2. This years he’s got to do it in about 10 mouths.

This whole new system of basketball hurts coaches and programs who care about developing players. Very few players develop in a year. Like the upside of this group but gotta hope their development happens quickly.

If KR was not injured and out vs Providence-we probably we would of won that game. If KR would of shot better than 8/32 when he played injured in the 3OT loss to Creighton-we probably would of won that game that game. The Creighton game the ref's cost us that game with two wrong calls, the 1st at the end of regulation, the 2nd at the end of the 1st OT. If we won one of those games we would of been 14-6 in the BE and in 2nd place. Two of the games we would of been 15-5.

I understand you never get all the breaks but both ref calls were the wrong calls.

If KR was not injured and out vs Providence-we probably we would of won that game. If KR would of shot better than 8/32 when he played injured in the 3OT loss to Creighton-we probably would of won that game that game. The Creighton game the ref's cost us that game with two wrong calls, the 1st at the end of regulation, the 2nd at the end of the 1st OT. If we won one of those games we would of been 14-6 in the BE and in 2nd place. Two of the games we would of been 15-5.

I understand you never get all the breaks but both ref calls were the wrong calls.

"If ifs and buts were candies and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas"

No doubt about it, the two ref calls in the Creighton game were 100% the wrong call- at the end of regulation and the end of the 1st OT that 100% cost us the win!
🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

When you’re the 2nd team out after 5 bid stealers every play is magnified thst could’ve kept us above the fray and in the NCAAT. There were many swing plays and free throws and the like against USC and Rutgers too. We looked like CYO team in the end game versus Providence at home, and on and on.

Reactions: dehere23
There is a pretty big drop off in experience pretty quick. I would expect Jenkins, Wusu, Coleman, Middleton, Prince, Okorafor, Harmon to get 25 mpg or more. That’s 150+ out of 200. It’s all a big question mark after that.
You're accounting for 175 minutes here (seven players times 25).

Personally, I'm having a hard time seeing Okorafor (or any of the other bigs) get that much time. Obviously we're hoping -- as we've discussed -- that someone separates himself from the pack and can earn those minutes.

Reactions: Piratz and shupat08

Personally, I'm having a hard time seeing Okorafor (or any of the other bigs) get that much time. Obviously we're hoping -- as we've discussed -- that someone separates himself from the pack and can earn those minutes.

Yeah I think 25 mpg is unreasonable for those two players. It's probably going to be Okorafor and Godswill combined playing 20-25 mpg at the 5, the rest spent with a smaller big (Yalden?) playing the 5. This assuming that Godswill's foot is healthy and he is ready to go and we don't land Ezra. Quite frankly, Ezra coming here really does change things for the better.

With this team, i would go small and play your best players. Play the other teams full court or somehting. Take advantage of mismatches.

Pg- Harmon/ Jenkins/Felton
SG- Jenkins/'Coleman/Wusu
SF- Coleman/Middleton/Wusu
PF- Middelton/Prince
C- Orakafor/Gus/Whoever

Im sure Im forgetting a few....

I dont think there is anyway that Zion Harmon came here to be a backup.

Starting Wusu over Coleman would be dumb- Honestly, I hope Wusu leaves- I want to see Coleman for 25-30 minutes a game.

Middleton is undersized at the four obviously, but this allows us to spread other teams out. Plus he can also move over to the three at times.

This starting backcourt I would be pretty pumped about because any of those three can catch fire (although we havent really seen it yet from Coleman).

Defensively, this team would struggle, but who knows maybe Sha can work magic.

Thanks for correcting my math. I just think those seven players are going to get most of the minutes. I think there’s a big difference between Okorafor and Godswill in terms of age and experience. Short of bringing in starting center, I think he is going to get most of the minutes at Center.

With this team, i would go small and play your best players. Play the other teams full court or somehting. Take advantage of mismatches.

Pg- Harmon/ Jenkins/Felton
SG- Jenkins/'Coleman/Wusu
SF- Coleman/Middleton/Wusu
PF- Middelton/Prince
C- Orakafor/Gus/Whoever

Im sure Im forgetting a few....

I dont think there is anyway that Zion Harmon came here to be a backup.

Starting Wusu over Coleman would be dumb- Honestly, I hope Wusu leaves- I want to see Coleman for 25-30 minutes a game.

Middleton is undersized at the four obviously, but this allows us to spread other teams out. Plus he can also move over to the three at times.

This starting backcourt I would be pretty pumped about because any of those three can catch fire (although we havent really seen it yet from Coleman).

Defensively, this team would struggle, but who knows maybe Sha can work magic.
There is no way Middleton is going to play the four. He is stick thin.

Jenkins, Coleman, Middleton or Wusu will be 3 of the 4 starters for sure.

At the 4/5 spots… it will be 2 of 3 of prince, Gus, Orakafor.

Beginning of season

Jenkins
Coleman
Wusu
Prince
Orakafor

By the end of the season I see this lineup

Jenkins
Coleman
Middleton
Gus
Orakafor

Sleepers - no idea what to expect from Harmon, Felton and Tubek. Potential to be in core rotation though.

Older and experienced will probably earn starting spots.

Wusu was a starter last year. Not likely he won't start this coming year.

Every other prediction is a wild guess. Until they get in the gym, not even Sha knows (although he may have an inkling).

Reactions: shupat08
Wusu played the 2 at St Johns, I think he gets more time there than Coleman. Likely Sha goes more to a system like St Peter's with bigger rotations, unless guys are not earning the playing time.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Jenkins, Coleman, Middleton or Wusu will be 3 of the 4 starters for sure.

At the 4/5 spots… it will be 2 of 3 of prince, Gus, Orakafor.

Beginning of season

Jenkins
Coleman
Wusu
Prince
Orakafor

By the end of the season I see this lineup

Jenkins
Coleman
Middleton
Gus
Orakafor

Sleepers - no idea what to expect from Harmon, Felton and Tubek. Potential to be in core rotation though.
Who’s Orakafor? Lol!

Now that the roster is finalized, what do you guys think? Personally I think its going to be a fun year and I think Sha got exactly what he wanted.. a positionless team with a bunch a guys that have something to prove.

Lots of guys I am intrigued how they develop. The best part about it is our biggest star is the coach. Havent seen that since PJ.

Hope one of the front court guys steps up through the competition at practice. But that backcourt is going to fun to see how it comes together and what combinations we run with.

Reactions: JRSlim2284
Hope one of the front court guys steps up through the competition at practice. But that backcourt is going to fun to see how it comes together and what combinations we run with.
With Dual I can see Sha really pushing a four guard/wing line-up. Outside of Harmon there are six guys in that 6’4”-6’5” range.

I'm more optimistic about this group than I was two days ago. It's still a somewhat inexperienced group in my view but at least we now have five juniors and seniors (plus Okorafor who wasn't on Louisville's roster for half his freshman year).

With that, I'm more convinced that we will go smaller for long stretches. We're heavy on guards and wings and light on big men. It still looks as if we need an answer at center and I think the way around that is to try to be, as Cams mentioned a couple of posts above, positionless.

We'll still be dependent on several players taking nice strides in development and production to be successful but at least now it doesn't feel like that's almost the entire roster.

Reactions: JoePeppitone2012
Now that the roster is finalized, what do you guys think? Personally I think its going to be a fun year and I think Sha got exactly what he wanted.. a positionless team with a bunch a guys that have something to prove.

Lots of guys I am intrigued how they develop. The best part about it is our biggest star is the coach. Havent seen that since PJ.
I don't think he got "exactly" what he wanted. He wanted Richmond and Davis here. He probably wanted other kids we didn't get in the portal. Actually, I'm sure of that. But ultimately it seems we at least landed on a bunch that can make next year interesting and/or fun.

I don't think he got "exactly" what he wanted. He wanted Richmond and Davis here. He probably wanted other kids we didn't get in the portal. Actually, I'm sure of that. But ultimately it seems we at least landed on a bunch that can make next year interesting and/or fun.
Totally agree and This is why those that say our NIL is in a good spot are misguided. I’m not saying McBride isn’t doing everything he can - I think he’s great for seton hall. But bottom line is that we couldn’t keep our guys, including a star who transferred in-conference and we had to go bargain basement shopping

We are well on our way. But SHU cannot now match schools that can give high 6 figure NIL compensation like our two stars got.

We made each offers well north of what Samuel asked for last year but were blown away by what SJU and Miss offered.

I really have big hopes for Yalden, for whatever reason slow unorthodox guys thrive when they get chances.

Ex Kadary
Well in terms of talent I am sure he wanted all 5 star players., but as far as system it seems to be what he was looking for. There is a lot of depth of quality players that can match up at 3 or 4 positions.

... and as much as I am sure he wanted Richmond back Richmond didnt want to share minutes. Its going to be interesting to see how the year pans out. Kadary is like a Lebron, he is going to fill the stat sheet and keep you in games, but he is not going to win you games consistently like Myles Powell would. It is to be seen if we have a stat stuffer or a closer on this new team but it appears the talent is there and its dispersed. I am hoping to see a lot of guys to show they can step up on any given night.

The next question is can he keep them all happy.

Last edited:
It will really be interesting to see how it shakes out during the summer and early fall and who actually earns a starting spot. AT this point I'm not sure anyone from last year including Coleman will be a starter. I think Sha will want to see hard work and effort put in during the practices and kids wanting to show they deserve to start.

Although I love him I am not penciling in Coleman as a starter just yet. For me it is open to everyone being a starter based on merit. Even if they are not starting the kids on the bench can contribute and be part of the rotation.

with all these wings I wonder how Sha is going to treat wusu.

He could I’m loyal to my guys so you are the starter

He could also be like I am loyal to my guys but you made it about money and tested the waters. You want to be paid like a pro you are going to be treated like one. this is your role and this is how we are going to use you.

Coleman I think should get what he wants he seems to be a team player and played well throughout the year. I’m excited to see his growth. He’s going to he a fan favorite being that he stayed.

Agree to some extent but Sha is going to start the 5 best when it comes to playing "D" and scoring the ball. who those 5 will be at this point May or May not include Coleman and Wasu

with all these wings I wonder how Sha is going to treat wusu.

He could I’m loyal to my guys so you are the starter

He could also be like I am loyal to my guys but you made it about money and tested the waters. You want to be paid like a pro you are going to be treated like one. this is your role and this is how we are going to use you.

Coleman I think should get what he wants he seems to be a team player and played well throughout the year. I’m excited to see his growth. He’s going to he a fan favorite being that he stayed.
I'd be surprised if Addae-Wusu doesn't start. He's the most experienced player on the team and there aren't five guys that much more talented than he is.

He may actually be the one player all but guaranteed to start.

Reactions: dehere23
I'd be surprised if Addae-Wusu doesn't start. He's the most experienced player on the team and there aren't five guys that much more talented than he is.

He may actually be the one player all but guaranteed to start.

I think Wusu is one of the least talented players on this team actually. Certainly on the offensive end he brings little to nothing to the table and his defense, while good, doesn’t make up for how poor he is offensively.

Reactions: HallPirate
I don't think that it really matters whether Wusu starts or not. The bottom line is that he won't nearly play as much as last year. He averaged 32mpg last year. This year the over under is probably around 19.5 mpg. That in of itself is an improvement.

Addae-Wusu unknown to many was injured last season and only began to feel better in the last 10 games or so. To his credit in that span he played his best BB.

I can see him starting and I can see him coming off the bench. My money is on the latter, but workouts will dictate that.

Regardless, with the bench we now have his MPG will be reduced dramatically.

Addae-Wusu unknown to many was injured last season and only began to feel better in the last 10 games or so. To his credit in that span he played his best BB.

I can see him starting and I can see him coming off the bench. My money is on the latter, but workouts will dictate that.

There are so many new pieces, I could see Dylan starting the season and then moving to a sixth man role if and when those other new players develop. Really expecting Coleman, Middleton and Dual to make a big jump. But maybe only two of three. 20mpg sounds right for Wusu.

I think the arc on his three told you about his injury. Mid season it was flat. When he started shooting well the arc was back.

I imagine it’s going to be very tough for our freshman to see the floor. I don’t love that because it appears they have legit talent. If results are good then so be it, but even if this crazy time you need building blocks.

Reactions: SeanieWard
I am very positive on what this team could be next year. Funny team could be better than last year's yet go 11-9 in big east . I guess the only definitive measure is an NCAA bid and advancing..
Let me add being competitive on the road in games against the top teams on conference and with the OOC schedule..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT