ADVERTISEMENT

Did I hear this right about RU FB

However, that is pretty much the case for every team in the BIG not named
Ohio State or Michigan. No one else will win a championship either.
That’s what I said. The vast majority of FBS teams will never compete for championships.

Like the vast majority of FBS teams, Ru could be competitive up to a certain level. But will never win a championship or ever get close to one. So, 7-8 wins a year is their ceiling if things go right. Is that exciting?
Not at that extreme cost to us taxpayers..

Good point, it’s more than just football. But it seems to be soooo much harder to compete with the best programs in football. Really, how many teams can ever hope to win a national title in football, maybe 10 at most?
OSU, Michigan, Georgia, Alabama, FSU, Clemson, Notre Dame, Texas, Oklahoma, USC, Oregon, LSU would be the teams I think going into most years have hope. Throw in Florida, Miami, and a Penn State with potential to be those types of programs but I’m not sure any have the right coach. Good alumni ba$e$ but not sure of the coaches at those schools get them to the title.

So I’ll say 10% of college football truly believes they have a chance. The beauty of the NCAA basketball tournament is 20% of the teams can dream. But reality is it’s the same 10% of the sport have real hope to win it. Being a true Cinderella team winning it is an extreme long shot but still better than football. The biggest difference in the 2 sports is Kansas lost yesterday and they still have a solid chance. Once you lose your in college football you’re chances are almost done. Winning that championship went up in smoke for probably 5 of those teams by week 5

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT