ADVERTISEMENT

Done

The 2023 class of Dual, Middleton, Yalden, Aligbe end up at SHU. We couldn't have done better out of the gate. Let's enjoy Sha work his magic.
This will be how it perpetually is in the world of NIL and portal nonsense. Kids go away a year, their stock rises or falls, and then the process starts anew the following year.

That's what I think too from watching him last year. There is a reason he was considered a significant prospect and has been flirting with the professional ranks.
I saw his stats. Are the Providence people disappointed he is leaving?

I saw his stats. Are the Providence people disappointed he is leaving?
Don’t know. My guess is they would have been fine keeping him but also were content moving on. Prov seemingly has the NIL to keep him if they wanted. With Carter leaving, there is a giant hole in the backcourt they have to fill. They went the route of pursuing portal guards who seem like solid starters and good complimentary pieces (Cardet, Joseph, probably someone I’m forgetting).

Definitely a change of scenery was needed here. Talent is there, never took to English’s coaching, same mistakes on defense over and over and he became incredibly timid with the ball. Finally, he hates school and the staff became exhausted making sure he attended classes. He is a very quiet reserved young man who has some maturing to do. My bet is if anyone can do it Sha can. We all hope he does well, but he needs a new start and it was never going to happen in PC. Finally he had a significant NIL last year and repeating that was absolutely never going to happen.

Two more recruits that came out of nowhere. Did anyone know who Toumi even was before yesterday, much less any interest in SHU? And Dual mentions SHU amongst a bunch of schools yesterday and commits today. Hence the way Sha recruits…. Super stealth.

Two more recruits that came out of nowhere. Did anyone know who Toumi even was before yesterday, much less any interest in SHU? And Dual mentions SHU amongst a bunch of schools yesterday and commits today. Hence the way Sha recruits…. Super stealth.
Trilly did

Reactions: da0987

“Garwey will bring a big defensive presence to Seton Hall.

“When trusted Garwey can create, in the half court or in transition. He has the ability to get boards and has great court vision with surprising passes no one except his teammates and coaches see coming."

Striking how well this entire description fits Richmond's game, as well.

“Garwey will bring a big defensive presence to Seton Hall.

“When trusted Garwey can create, in the half court or in transition. He has the ability to get boards and has great court vision with surprising passes no one except his teammates and coaches see coming."

Striking how well this entire description fits Richmond's game, as well.
Except he wasn’t 1/10 the player Richmond was last year.

Take yourself back to January-March. Then have someone compare Dual to Richmond as has been done repeatedly already. Then think how you would have responded. We know the answer. And this coming from a guy who was one of the most critical of “Kooks”.

He’s a talented young unproven player, like Richmond was a talented young unproven player years ago. And both are long guards with PG skills.

That’s where the comparison stops.

Dual was born here but parents from South Sudan.

- Tubek (South Sudan)
- Okorafor (Nigeria)
- Aligbe (Nigeria)
- Toumi (Tunisia/France)
- Mbaye (Senegal)
- Wusu (Ghana)
- Dual (South Sudan)
- Erhereine (Nigeria)

just in Holloway’s tenure there have been others (Nganga etc). Does the staff have international contact(s)? Seems more than coincidence although some like Wusu had relationships.

Wow. Based on Corny T's assessment, sounds like a project.
Definitely a change of scenery was needed here. Talent is there, never took to English’s coaching, same mistakes on defense over and over and he became incredibly timid with the ball. Finally, he hates school and the staff became exhausted making sure he attended classes. He is a very quiet reserved young man who has some maturing to do. My bet is if anyone can do it Sha can. We all hope he does well, but he needs a new start and it was never going to happen in PC. Finally he had a significant NIL last year and repeating that was absolutely never going to happen.

Reactions: garyshu71
Wow. Based on Corny T's assessment, sounds like a project.
He was also ejected early last season for punching a KSU player. Hopefully he reflects on last year, learns from it and develops a stronger relationship with Sha. He has talent.

Reactions: PF58 and garyshu71
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT