ADVERTISEMENT

Dude should have got vaxxed

Almost anything one party proposes, the other is against it (or has a problem on how it is delivered) these days.

One would think that the merging of a public health, kids education and an economical emergency with covid would bring us together to fight it like we have in the past when we came together for national disasters, just wars, and the immediate aftermath of 911.

If it wasn’t ever possible to get rid of covid altogether, we certainly could have at least all moved together in same direction to make it MUCH less of a nuisance/problem than it is today but most of our political leaders and many citizens with their minds being warped by their propaganda won’t allow it.

Super sad and frustrating, while both sides do it, I am most disappointed in repub leaders hurting their own constituents for political gain. (Yes I know Harris did as well by saying won’t take a trump vaccine too but she turned her tune a while back, still not okay at all but at least she hasn’t continued the anti vaccine sentiment like repubs did and some continue to do).

I mean if leaders and individuals want no masks, should they have been promoting vaccinations? If they don’t want future quarantines or mask mandates, should have promoted vaccine? if you want your businesses in your state to stay open and thrive, shouldn’t you have promoted vaccines? you want to make sure school is in person and not interrupted by outbreaks and as close to normal for our kids, shouldn’t you promote it to as many adults as possible to be vaccinated? if you do not want kids vaccinated at all bc of lower death rate with them..shouldn’t you have been promoting vaccinations to all adults so kids wouldn’t have to take it. Seems simple to me.

I hope looking back some of these seemingly soulless politicians look at the damage they have caused in actual life loss, quality of life loss, kids education, mental health and business lost. If not hope someone quantifies if for us and holds them accountable.

No side is perfect but vaccinations shouldn’t have ever been politicalized. Repubs are changing their tunes a bit now but it’s not strong enough and it should have happened way sooner.

Last edited:
Republicans or lobbyists shut her up. Was Michelle Obama so scared of the republicans that she changed her campaign to focus less on eating and more on exercise? Or was it follow the money and the lobbyists? The Republicans made her change. That’s a good one.

Republicans said stupid stuff just like Democrats say stupid stuff. Peaceful protests, summer of love. Just because the other side says stupid stuff doesn’t mean you quit on your programs.
As far as I know she did not quit her program. You want the government to promote health. Great. It was already done and criticized for it. Now, healthy living is not the pressing concern. It's getting the tax. There is a thing called priorities. Right now that priority is defeating CoVid and the best way to do that is getting people vaxed.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
Yes I know Harris did as well by saying won’t take a trump vaccine too but she turned her tune a while back, still not okay at all but at least she hasn’t continued the anti vaccine sentiment like repubs did and some continue to do).
Btw, I know this is a popular quote but this is completely out of context and it omits the full answer. She said she would not trust Trump on the vaccine but would trust the recommendations of Fauci and the doctors and scientist. That's a lot different. Why would you trust a person that is a pathological liar?

As far as I know she did not quit her program. You want the government to promote health. Great. It was already done and criticized for it. Now, healthy living is not the pressing concern. It's getting the tax. There is a thing called priorities. Right now that priority is defeating CoVid and the best way to do that is getting people vaxed.
The program was altered because she quit attacking the the food manufacturers like she started. Let's move was not was originally started by Michelle Obama. It's what her campaign morphed into when the food industry paid big bucks for her to shut up. But hey maybe we're getting our veggies, pizza's a vegetable per Amy Klobuchar.

The government has never promoted health. Actions speak louder than words. Actions have never been taken to promote health in this country. Watch the way hamburger, hot dog, or sandwich meat was made from the beginning. Even eggs today are disgusting at how they are produced. Plenty of documentaries out there. If the government promoted health, the food lobbyists would pull the trigger to shut them up. There's nothing healthy about maltodextrin and the fake stuff that's in just about everything we eat.

Last edited:
Btw, I know this is a popular quote but this is completely out of context and it omits the full answer. She said she would not trust Trump on the vaccine but would trust the recommendations of Fauci and the doctors and scientist. That's a lot different. Why would you trust a person that is a pathological liar?
I agree that her quote was probably taken out of context and that Trump is a pathological liar and at first glance it would be prudent to not believe anything coming out of his mouth. But her saying that created distrust with the vaccine manufacturers and the government.

She should have been much smarter as a politician with an opposition would use sound bytes to demonize them, just to get a snazzy punchline against trump. In this case it hurt public health in a pandemic.

Also should have been more vocal that it was taken out of context more aggressively. Repubs are still using it against her, I just listened to a repub West Virginia politician just two weeks ago site that both sides were both equally bad at some of the anti-vax sentiment out there...perception is reality for many folks that trust these politicians.

It’s not the ONLY thing…that’s the point!

Republicans or lobbyists shut her up. Was Michelle Obama so scared of the republicans that she changed her campaign to focus less on eating and more on exercise? Or was it follow the money and the lobbyists? The Republicans made her change. That’s a good one.

Republicans said stupid stuff just like Democrats say stupid stuff. Peaceful protests, summer of love. Just because the other side says stupid stuff doesn’t mean you quit on your programs.
No. It was the damn Republicans

It’s not the ONLY thing…that’s the point!
That’s where I disagree. The vaccine solves the issue instantly. Are you solving obesity, diabetes and other ailments instantly? Answer no. Come on you are in the medical field. You should know better.

That’s where I disagree. The vaccine solves the issue instantly. Are you solving obesity, diabetes and other ailments instantly? Answer no. Come on you are in the medical field. You should know better.
You can’t walk and chew gum? And it’s been 17 months....when do you propose starting to live healthier?

You can’t walk and chew gum? And it’s been 17 months....when do you propose starting to live healthier?

Exactly. If you really commit to something (for instance, losing weight), you can make a huge change in as little as a few months.

Its been 7 months since the vaccine. And, while I agree people should be healthier, far too many people live to excess and love to eat unhealthy foods. In the end, most Americans can do more to be healthier. Hell, I love to eat unhealthy foods. I should work out more etc. I am heathy, but could always be better. Life gets in the way and for some, they just don't want to do it. Those people who live unhealthy lives are hurting no one but themselves. Unlike people who do not get vaxed.

Reactions: chickenbox
Its been 7 months since the vaccine. And, while I agree people should be healthier, far too many people live to excess and love to eat unhealthy foods. In the end, most Americans can do more to be healthier. Hell, I love to eat unhealthy foods. I should work out more etc. I am heathy, but could always be better. Life gets in the way and for some, they just don't want to do it. Those people who live unhealthy lives are hurting no one but themselves. Unlike people who do not get vaxed.

Yeah, there really isn't much disagreement if people should be encouraged to be healthier. We should be.

Fact remains, if a person is at risk today, they should be vaccinated especially if they live in an area with a lower vaccination rate as the potential of community protection is lower.

It's been over a year since we knew that the vast majority of deaths were associated with comorbidities. Life gets in the way...lol. So life gets in the way of putting yourself at an increased risk if dying? That's interesting.

The point is about reducing hospitalizations and death....having a game plan to address comorbities is going to dramatically improve your chances to avoid both.

It's been over a year since we knew that the vast majority of deaths were associated with comorbidities. Life gets in the way...lol. So life gets in the way of putting yourself at an increased risk if dying? That's interesting.

The point is about reducing hospitalizations and death....having a game plan to address comorbities is going to dramatically improve your chances to avoid both.

In fairness, the average person watching the news doesn't know this. The news tells you that everybody is dropping dead all over the place, but the facts that you have to look up on your own show a completely different story about who is truly at risk. That's the bizarre world we're living in. The average person just follows whatever they see on mainstream news and doesn't do any research on their own.

People are lazy. I see doctors who are heavy so they know the risks. It takes a lot of effort to exercise and eat properly as well as will power. Getting a shot is easy to get and accomplish.

People are lazy. I see doctors who are heavy so they know the risks. It takes a lot of effort to exercise and eat properly as well as will power. Getting a shot is easy to get and accomplish.

A pill and a shot for everything. The lazy American way.

I pride myself on not giving a dime to the pharmaceutical industry. I don't take pills or drugs of any kind. Wish more would do the same.

I pride myself on not giving a dime to the pharmaceutical industry. I don't take pills or drugs of any kind. Wish more would do the same.
But isn’t a pill and a shot promoting health. LOL. Have 25 milky ways if you want just get this shot and it’s okay.

But isn’t a pill and a shot promoting health. LOL. Have 25 milky ways if you want just get this shot and it’s okay.

Well yes a shot, the vaccine, will allow you to survive greater than 99.999% against Covid. It won't make you any healthier but it will protect you against the virus. This is not a hard concept.

Reactions: SHUSA

Just like your free krispy kreme, beer and fast food for getting your shot. So pathetic.

Well yes a shot, the vaccine, will allow you to survive greater than 99.999% against Covid. It won't make you any healthier but it will protect you against the virus. This is not a hard concept.

I have a 99%+ chance of surviving covid without the vaccine based on CDC data for my age and risk profile.

I have a 99%+ chance of surviving covid without the vaccine based on CDC data for my age and risk profile.

That's great, alot of people are unhealthy, so the shot will protect them.

Reactions: SHUSA
That's great, alot of people are unhealthy, so the shot will protect them.

So they can take it if they want to. I have no problem with that. In fact, they should in my opinion.

For me, the benefits of a few tenths of a percentage greater survival vs. the potential of unknown long term risks is not worth it. If I was 60 years old, I'd probably take the shot.

The government or your employer should not be making this decision for you. Once you give up your right to control your body and what goes into it, they own you forever. Why people don't understand this, I'll never know.

Reactions: Hallsome
So how much does it help a person who’s healthy vs how much long term risk is there? The answer is we don’t know. I don’t know. You don’t know. The doctors don’t know. The researchers don’t know. Very logical argument for a healthy person to have. Not a hard concept either.

Reactions: shu09
So how much does it help a person who’s healthy vs how much long term risk is there? The answer is we don’t know. I don’t know. You don’t know. The doctors don’t know. The researchers don’t know. Very logical argument for a healthy person to have. Not a hard concept either.

It sounds like many "healthy" people are being hospitalized now from Delta. I guess we will see how it plays out. Just because you dont die from it doesnt mean you wont have long term issues like lung damage.

Reactions: Hallsome
So they can take it if they want to. I have no problem with that. In fact, they should in my opinion.

For me, the benefits of a few tenths of a percentage greater survival vs. the potential of unknown long term risks is not worth it. If I was 60 years old, I'd probably take the shot.

The government or your employer should not be making this decision for you. Once you give up your right to control your body and what goes into it, they own you forever. Why people don't understand this, I'll never know.

Correct. The government hasn't made anyone get the shot. Even their mandates for their employees aren't mandatory, you can choose to not get it, as long as you get tested once a week.

Correct. The government hasn't made anyone get the shot. Even their mandates for their employees aren't mandatory, you can choose to not get it, as long as you get tested once a week.

If you want to play a game of technicalities, that's your prerogative. But it's clear the government is telling private businesses to mandate it because the government knows there would be civil unrest if it actually came out and said it. Then you have idiots like De Blasio going a step further and requiring it for admission to restaurants and gyms.

Vaccine required entry makes zero sense. If this was about health (it isn't), a rapid test would be available at the door for everyone as it has now been shown that vaccinated people can carry and transmit the virus too.

Vaccination is about personal risk and protection. Nothing else.

Wow, that's pretty pathetic. I guess you can eat that Big Mac every day and take a statin and all is good.

A bit much there. You were vaccinated as a kid... No one owns you.
They just wanted to protect the community for highly contagious diseases.

I respect your view to not get vaccinated. You looked at your risk and didn't see a need. That's fine.

Just a shame that so many people appear to not have understood their risks and chose to not get vaccinated and are filling up hospitals at a fairly rapid pace in certain parts of the country now.

A bit much there. You were vaccinated as a kid... No one owns you.
They just wanted to protect the community for highly contagious diseases.

I respect your view to not get vaccinated. You looked at your risk and didn't see a need. That's fine.

Just a shame that so many people appear to not have understood their risks and chose to not get vaccinated and are filling up hospitals at a fairly rapid pace in certain parts of the country now.

I agree somewhat with your last comment, but you can't force people to take care of themselves. It's not your job to do so anyway.

As to your first, those were vaccines that had been tested and approved for decades. Plenty of evidence to show they were safe to use on a massive scale. Until we have years of data on these vaccines, you can't compare them.

It sounds like many "healthy" people are being hospitalized now from Delta. I guess we will see how it plays out. Just because you dont die from it doesnt mean you wont have long term issues like lung damage.
Same can be said of the vaccine.

Reactions: shu09
If you want to play a game of technicalities, that's your prerogative. But it's clear the government is telling private businesses to mandate it because the government knows there would be civil unrest if it actually came out and said it. Then you have idiots like De Blasio going a step further and requiring it for admission to restaurants and gyms.

Vaccine required entry makes zero sense. If this was about health (it isn't), a rapid test would be available at the door for everyone as it has now been shown that vaccinated people can carry and transmit the virus too.

Vaccination is about personal risk and protection. Nothing else.

It is about health, otherwise we go round and round with covid forever. If enough people got vaccinated it gets squashed.

Nobody is stopping your freedom to not get the vaccine, just get tested weekly, if you choose that route.[/QUOTE]

It is about health, otherwise we go round and round with covid forever. If enough people got vaccinated it gets squashed.

Nobody is stopping your freedom to not get the vaccine, just get tested weekly, if you choose that route.
[/QUOTE]

Please tell me where you have seen evidence that "if enough people got vaccinated it gets squashed?" The government has not told us when this will end.

What's wrong with going "round and round with covid forever?" It turns into just another endemic disease like the flu.

Please tell me where you have seen evidence that "if enough people got vaccinated it gets squashed?" The government has not told us when this will end.

What's wrong with going "round and round with covid forever?" It turns into just another endemic disease like the flu.

It's not the flu though. When has the glu killed 600,000 in 15 months? Stop with the asinine comparison.

If enough get vaccinated deaths end. Of course people might still get infected but the effects are manageable and dony overwhelm the health systems.

Nobody is stopping your freedom to not get the vaccine, just get tested weekly, if you choose that route.
Does it get “squashed”? Variants, break through infections, etc.)

It's not the flu though. When has the glu killed 600,000 in 15 months? Stop with the asinine comparison.

If enough get vaccinated deaths end. Of course people might still get infected but the effects are manageable and dony overwhelm the health systems.

SMH. I said it TURNS INTO another endemic disease like the flu. You know the Spanish Flu strain is still around, right? It's just not as virulent as it was in 1918. That's what happens with viruses. They mutate and become weaker.

As to your second statement, we are at that point now.

SMH. I said it TURNS INTO another endemic disease like the flu. You know the Spanish Flu strain is still around, right? It's just not as virulent as it was in 1918. That's what happens with viruses. They mutate and become weaker.

As to your second statement, we are at that point now.

My second point still is true. Were at that point in places like NJ, not even close in Florida, Louisiana, Arkansas, Missouri, etc.

Reactions: Merge
As to your first, those were vaccines that had been tested and approved for decades. Plenty of evidence to show they were safe to use on a massive scale. Until we have years of data on these vaccines, you can't compare them.

and you were vaccinated using vaccines with ingredients which are no longer used today.
No one owns you if you get vaccinated, and anyone that requires it for work will have an out available.

Until we have years of data on these vaccines, you can't compare them.

While that is true, keep it in perspective. If this was a biological weapon, and it carried an IFR of 10%. We would all be mandated to get it no matter how new it was. The fact that it is new is relevant, but is not really that important overall. Either we need one or we don't. My opinion is still that we don't.

and you were vaccinated using vaccines with ingredients which are no longer used today.
No one owns you if you get vaccinated, and anyone that requires it for work will have an out available.

While that is true, keep it in perspective. If this was a biological weapon, and it carried an IFR of 10%. We would all be mandated to get it no matter how new it was. The fact that it is new is relevant, but is not really that important overall. Either we need one or we don't. My opinion is still that we don't.

Please provide me with the outs that are available. I would like to be prepared in case I am subjected to a ridiculous mandate.

I would not support mandatory vaccination under any circumstance, even in the scenario you outlined. Surrendering your rights is never acceptable, no matter how bad disease and death is.

So, you haven't had a tetanus shot or vaccines? You never took an antibiotic?
You are in your 30's. Let's see how you do in your 50's. Don't brag cause you are not in the demographic. Soon you will be taking medication and that is ok. Those medications can save your life one day. And one day Viagra may save your sex life.

I agree somewhat with your last comment, but you can't force people to take care of themselves. It's not your job to do so anyway.

Yes I asked about those other vaxes, like when developed, when approved, etc.
only response was a link on an off topic vax that proves your overarching point about

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT