ADVERTISEMENT

Duval Prediction and Other Tidbits.

hallgrad80

All Universe
Oct 27, 2001
Scott Phillips of Bleacher Reports believes Duke will win the Duval,sweepstakes.

Brothers Dedric and K.J. Lawson will leave Memphis and transfer to Kansas and both will sit out the 2017/2018 season. Even elite programs like Kansas which have great recruiting success in getting the top HS talent tap into the transfer pool of talent , which by the way is now at 400 players .

Don't know who this guy is and he's probably just guessing like everyone else. I guess we're just "trying to stay in the mix" according to him.

1. Player profile: The nation's top point guard prospect, the 6'3" Duval is an electric athlete who is capable of taking over a game on both ends of the floor. On offense, Duval plays in constant attack mode as he's always trying to get in the paint to make a play for himself or others. Because of his outstanding length and lateral quickness, Duval is also able to overwhelm smaller guards on the defensive end with hawking ball pressure.

Schools involved: Official visits didn't begin until the calendar struck 2017 for Duval as he's been to the campuses of Arizona, Baylor, Duke and Kansas over the last few months. Seton Hall is also trying to stay in the mix for the native of Delaware as Duval has been very quiet about recruiting during the entire process.

Final prediction: Duke. The Blue Devils have needed a starting point guard since Derryck Thornton Jr. transferred out of the program last spring, and Duval is an ideal candidate to start right away. With a lot of talent already on the wings and in the interior, Duval could arrive in Durham with plenty of weapons already at his disposal.

His prediction seems to be based on nothing but speculation. Of course Duke could use a PG, as could the other schools recruiting Duval. We should have an answer in the next 2 weeks or so. All experts have said that nobody has any idea what the Duvals are thinking so it's best to just wait and see.

This is the conventional wisdom. I haven't seen many "experts" - if any - who feel he'll go to any of the other 4 schools.

SHU remains the curious inclusion on his list and he's said in more than one interview that he wants to play in front of friends and family. The only option for that is SHU. If he wants to pick Duke, I'm not sure what he's waiting for?

He could be waiting for Allen and the other player whose name is escaping me to decide. I read somewhere today that Duke is also involved with other top players as well.

So do predictions of him to Seton Hall. The truth is nobody really knows.
My point exactly. I'm not looking for experts to start making predictions of him to Seton Hall. As I said, nobody has any idea what he's thinking so it's best to just wait and see when he announces.

I just post the information and everyone can draw their own conclusion on the validity of the conclusion the writer reaches. Maybe I should put a disclaimer in on information posts to the effect "The poster makes no claim as to the validity on the views expressed by the article's author ."

So do predictions of him to Seton Hall. The truth is nobody really knows.
The guys here who say we win say it with more backup than a guy who picks duke cause they are duke. The bleacher post was a waste of time.

Unfortunately no reporter is going to pick us against the big dogs. That's the recruiting business these days.

What's going on here? Very simple-Angel stays, Seton has a prayer, he doesn't, forget it.
Oh, and by the way, the comp for him isn't exactly 2nd class.
Hate to say it, but don't hold your breath on getting this guy

Don't think anything has changed since the Big East tourney. It's between the Hall and Duke unless there is a mystery team that nobody knows about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT