ADVERTISEMENT

Earl Timberlake

24/7now has him at 100% to Miami. I know they are just projections but its not looking good.

No, I still feel the same as I did last week. SHU is the favorite, Providence because of a female family member who really likes Cooley is second and Miami if everything stays on the up and up, third.
Lets hope all that stays the same in a week from now!

No, I still feel the same as I did last week. SHU is the favorite, Providence because of a female family member who really likes Cooley is second and Miami if everything stays on the up and up, third.

When has anything stayed on the up and up, in regards to recruiting?

1950s? That was a prime time for shenanigans!

Grandpa Al Lewis was one of the guys in the thick of it back then
51jbUa7aqeL.jpg

Reactions: batts and Seton75
I’m not saying it would put a damper on the season should he not come, but imagine the extra energy behind the program/upcoming season if he DOES. Hard to even explain. Getting ahead of myself but is there any chance he would come to the Michigan State game if he does commit?

If earl commits on the 4th the hype would be OD, but if he goes elsewhere and we get MAM I would be just as hyped.

Reactions: BabyBlue
Why? Cooley lands a top 50 recruit almost every year and they offer many of the same selling points as us. Nothing would surprise me at this point. I’ve seen this movie too many times to be surprised....
I kind of feel the same way. Feels like several other big time recruits we were said to have been in the lead for only to lose late to schools with track records of paying the going rate to secure 5-star players.

Despite the positive things we’ve heard, it just seems if he was sold on SH he would have been ready to commit after spending back to back weekends on our campus. The fact that he has gone silent for a month seems like he’s waiting for someone to make the right offer. I hope I’m just being paranoid here but my gut tells me this one may be slipping away.

I’m a Cooley fan and get criticized sometimes here for being too much of a Cooley fan. Just think for this recruitment we have everything to offer that Prov does plus the connect of Skinn and being closer to home. No knock on Prov but perhaps as Dan said someone close to ET thinks so highly of Cooley that it seals the deal. I’ve viewed MIami as a bigger threat because it’s a totally different college environment, Laranaga is a good coach, they’ve sent kids to the league recently in the first round who could be reasonable comps, they’ve been good recently (save last year, danced the prior few years and made a Sweet 16) and play in what many regard as the best hoops conference. But as one said this is all individualized so who knows what tips the scales ultimately.

Why? Cooley lands a top 50 recruit almost every year and they offer many of the same selling points as us. Nothing would surprise me at this point. I’ve seen this movie too many times to be surprised....

I kind of feel the same way. Feels like several other big time recruits we were said to have been in the lead for only to lose late to schools with track records of paying the going rate to secure 5-star players.

Despite the positive things we’ve heard, it just seems if he was sold on SH he would have been ready to commit after spending back to back weekends on our campus. The fact that he has gone silent for a month seems like he’s waiting for someone to make the right offer. I hope I’m just being paranoid here but my gut tells me this one may be slipping away.
Fish, you're one of the posters I often see eye to eye on and I've been thinking the same thing for some time. The fact that this has dragged out...yes someone criticized me for saying that a while ago...had me concerned. After back to back weekend visits and then canceling the NC OV I thought we actually had him. Was nothing more than a gut feeling but when that didn't happen shortly after that I was a little suspicious. Something didn't feel right. Not sure if we put too many eggs in the ET basket in not going harder after some other prospects... was disappointed on the news of Kadary Richmond committing to Cuse...actually thought he had more upside that ET and love getting tough NY city kids.

I want to be optimistic but this feels like a movie we've seen before.

In the 1950’s
Not really even then, I not sure when it was but I BITD remember hearing how, SHU "Stashed" a recruit into the prep. Actually is was Walter Dukes I think. He was from upstate NY.

Last edited:
Not really even then, I not sure when it was but I BITD remember hearing how, SHU "Stashed" a recruit into the prep. Actually is was Walter Dukes I think. He was from upstate NY.
That’s correct. Dukes was from upstate and brought to the prep and then the university.

Dont know about that. We re the best team right now by far, and we have a first team AA who he would replace. That might be as sexy as SHU gets...
thats not what i really mean. that sounds safe to me. Sexy means facilities, weather, nightlife, coach, and all the other cool stuff that comes with some of the other colleges

thats not what i really mean. that sounds safe to me. Sexy means facilities, weather, nightlife, coach, and all the other cool stuff that comes with some of the other colleges
Yeah, I get you. Larranaga never seemed sexy to me, but to each their own...lol. The relative merits of the basketball team could have a tiny impact on Earl's decision too.

Shows how crazy recruiting really is and we only know a very small percentage of what really goes on behind the scenes. This is why college coaches run to NBA jobs so they can just deal with the spoiled athletes and not have to beg them to come to their program too.

FWIW, on his Instagram it looked like he was making a video. My guess would be for his upcoming announcement, in which he has already made his selection.

I mentioned this before but I am not sure anyone picked up on it. He was being videoed dribbling on our court (walsh) in an SHU jersey. Other than a commitment video, I cant find any other reason you film that / allow that to be filmed.

Would we really provide him with all that for him to make a video about going somewhere else?

I mentioned this before but I am not sure anyone picked up on it. He was being videoed dribbling on our court (walsh) in an SHU jersey. Other than a commitment video, I cant find any other reason you film that / allow that to be filmed.

Would we really provide him with all that for him to make a video about going somewhere else?
Many recruits when they go on visits wear the jerseys or possible make videos of the schools they are visiting. Do not read into that at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT