ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN: The best Men's BB job in each state

San Diego State is a better job than UCLA???

They go counter the Seton Hall logic to name Indiana a better job than Butler and Ohio State as the best job in Ohio....

This is just a garbage list.

This writer has a history of poor articles. Not surprised. This is laughable.

Puh lease

Yeah, I know. Despite Coach Willard getting off the hot seat by taking us to back-to-back 20+ win seasons and trips to the NCAAs and Coach Rice's teams missing the big dance by choking in the MAAC Tournament, ESPN still has to find a way to take a shot at SHU.

This is a joke. King Rice should be on the hot seat IMO. Two years ago they had a great season, had some fantastic OOC wins put them on the national scene in that same season they failed to win the MAAC. That was acceptable, but then they returned every key player from that great team two years ago and failed to win the MAAC which is a very mediocre conference yet again.
At Monmouth you are never going to bring in talent even close to what you can bring in at a Big East school such as Seton Hall, you are never going to be able to win a conference title at the best arena in the world (MSG), and you are never most likely definitely not going to get an at large bid! How the heck is that job better than Seton Hall?

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
Wow, just makes no sense. All the job security in the world is pretty meaningless when King Rice is likely making about 20-25% as much as Kevin Willard. Sha probably makes more than Rice. And SD State as the best job in California?!? Is it even top 3?

IMO Rutgers is even a better job than Monmouth just because of the potential upside the program has being in the Big 10.

Totally don't understand the author's criteria but if analyzing what are the best jobs you have to look at what would be most attractive job if there was an opening today.

So if Steve Fisher and Alford both left SD State and UCLA respectively - which job would be more attractive to prospective candidates? SD State and their 6-figure salary or the millions at the glamorous and rich history of UCLA?

San Diego does have this going for it....

Which poster works at ESPN and last week was telling us how there no Big East bias? He's got some splaning to do. I want to hear how this is keeping ESPN relevant.

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
San Diego St. better than UCLA, LOL.

Not only was the author wrong on us, but as good of a gig as Ohio State may be I don't think Xavier (or Cincy) are too far behind from a basketball standpoint.

He works cheap.

Article is all over the place. At times, he uses resources and salary to argue one job is better than the other. Then he throws curveballs like Monmouth, San Diego state and northwestern.

Can someone please tell me how Northwestern is the best gig in Illinois? They've made the tournament 1 time.
Living in the moment while trying to be controversial. In short he doesn't want a bland article with all obvious choices so he picks his spots.

I don't think Medcalf's bias toward any league I just think he's trying not to choose all '#1 seeds" to advance.

Reactions: shu09 and SHUSource
Living in the moment while trying to be controversial. In short he doesn't want a bland article with all obvious choices so he picks his spots.

I don't think it's bias toward any league I just think he's trying not to choose all '#1 seeds" to advance.

Dan I understand that he doesn't want a bland article, but a pick like this has to kill all credibility.

I don't think Medcalf's bias toward any league I just think he's trying not to choose all '#1 seeds" to advance.
This. It's clearly not an analytical article, but rather, just one to stir readership over a slow news period for the sport.

Looks like he knew exactly what he was doing, too...

Reactions: lloyde dobler
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT