ADVERTISEMENT

Fascinating from 1983

About the same time Biden was comforting with his segregation buddies and later he ulogized former grand cyclops of the Klan Harry Bird.So Regan was wrong on this one but took down the Berlin Wall put the traffic controllers in their place after their illegal strike etc.I think most historians who are not far left nut jobs will conclude Biden was one of the worst presidents ever and Regan as he is now will continue to be one of the best.

About the same time Biden was comforting with his segregation buddies and later he ulogized former grand cyclops of the Klan Harry Bird.So Regan was wrong on this one but took down the Berlin Wall put the traffic controllers in their place after their illegal strike etc.I think most historians who are not far left nut jobs will conclude Biden was one of the worst presidents ever and Regan as he is now will continue to be one of the best.
Reagan was a fascinating President. A man who will be credited with winning the Cold War for sure. He seemed to embrace Gorbechev and made some great deals to reduce nuclear arms. But on the other hand, he committed a crime with Iran-Contra dealing with Iran for arms for the Contras. Also at the same time looking the other way at best while Noriega deals cocaine with the Cali Cartel but is also a so called valuable ally by the US. His domestic policy with ignoring the AIDS crisis for far too long was also a low point.

Like any President, there were highs and lows. However, Reagan's highs are quite high and his lows are quite low. But his real strength was that he did it all with a smile on his face and was quite charming. The guy could deliver a great speech which goes a long way. He also had very good people in his administration which helped him immensely.

Reactions: shu09
NYSG, was Ronald Reagan not allowed to have an opinion?

Interesting to see the media was race baiting back then too. Andrea Mitchell still doing it to this day.

Reagan was a fascinating President. A man who will be credited with winning the Cold War for sure. He seemed to embrace Gorbechev and made some great deals to reduce nuclear arms. But on the other hand, he committed a crime with Iran-Contra dealing with Iran for arms for the Contras. Also at the same time looking the other way at best while Noriega deals cocaine with the Cali Cartel but is also a so called valuable ally by the US. His domestic policy with ignoring the AIDS crisis for far too long was also a low point.

Like any President, there were highs and lows. However, Reagan's highs are quite high and his lows are quite low. But his real strength was that he did it all with a smile on his face and was quite charming. The guy could deliver a great speech which goes a long way. He also had very good people in his administration which helped him immensely.

The Republican Bill Clinton.

NYSG, was Ronald Reagan not allowed to have an opinion?

Interesting to see the media was race baiting back then too. Andrea Mitchell still doing it to this day.

Yes like I tell you grasshopper people are allowed to have opinions, however there are consequences

Btw, the vote in oct 1983 in senate was 78-22..
more the state of Arizona lost a super bowl in the early 90s when they would not recognize the day as a state holiday

The guy could deliver a great speech which goes a long way. He also had very good people in his administration which helped him immensely.
Which are the most important qualities of a leader. Articulate a vision, surround yourself with the best, don't be afraid to make the tough decision. Every President is going to have wins and losses, but his wins were game changers.

Reactions: SHUMA04
MLK's words and actions were so admirable yet we've gotten so far away from those dreams of his. Sad.
The cause he fought for was admirable. I'm not so sure how admirable he was if this stuff is true.

Reactions: SHUMA04
MLK liked white women many black guys do, not excusing just saying he was human and mortal and he viewed white women as very desirable.

The cause he fought for was admirable. I'm not so sure how admirable he was if this stuff is true.

Who cares how many women he slept with. Not important to me. just to his family.

With regard to the claim that he watched as a woman got raped seems to be completely unbelievable. J Edgar wanted MLK on some sort of criminal charges. If this were true, this is exactly what J Edgar would have went forward with. I don't believe it that it exists and if it does exist it was based on little or unreliable evidence.

Great people can and normally do have personal flaws. Whether it was MLK or Ghandi. We forget these people are human and had flaws.

Who cares how many women he slept with. Not important to me. just to his family.

With regard to the claim that he watched as a woman got raped seems to be completely unbelievable. J Edgar wanted MLK on some sort of criminal charges. If this were true, this is exactly what J Edgar would have went forward with. I don't believe it that it exists and if it does exist it was based on little or unreliable evidence.

Great people can and normally do have personal flaws. Whether it was MLK or Ghandi. We forget these people are human and had flaws.
Maybe thats why I said "if" when it comes to this. The question is not so much how many women he slept with, the question is did he abuse women.

I agree all great people have flaws. Sadly we live in a world where we choose to focus on some peoples flaws and ignore flaws in others based on who we align with. You have to wonder in 35 years will anyone be able to run for President or will both sides cancel the opponent because of things written on the Twitter found through opposition research.

Maybe thats why I said "if" when it comes to this. The question is not so much how many women he slept with, the question is did he abuse women.

I agree all great people have flaws. Sadly we live in a world where we choose to focus on some peoples flaws and ignore flaws in others based on who we align with. You have to wonder in 35 years will anyone be able to run for President or will both sides cancel the opponent because of things written on the Twitter found through opposition research.
Which is why the OP started this thread….don’t like a successful leader; try to cancel them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT