ADVERTISEMENT

Floor Generals

In terms of leading a team on the court I would take “The General” Gerald Greene anytime over the turncoat who will be known as “General Soreness”
In terms of leading a team on the court I’d take Greene over every pirate guard in the last 40 years. That dude was tough as nails and the definition of a leader on the court and an unbelievable decision maker. I’m sure that’s not a popular opinion here considering the number of fan favorite PGs we have had here but Greene was a leader.

In terms of leading a team on the court I would take “The General” Gerald Greene anytime over the turncoat who will be known as “General Soreness”
Listen why are people angry at Kadary. I get it he left us to go across the river. But who among you would leave $300,000 to $500,000 on the table to stay at Seton Hall? Answer. None of you.

Maybe because he went for less to our crosstown Rival and to play for Slick Rick. He could have went and played anywhere and I could have still rooted for him. At St Johns that is next to impossible.

It still stings right now but I know at some point I will get over it. Maybe the bitterness is do to all the Taylor Swift my daughter makes me listen to in the car.

Last edited:
Maybe because he went to our crosstown Rival and to play for Slick Rick. He could have went and played anywhere and I could have still rooted for him. At St Johns that is next to impossible.

It still stings right now but I know at some point I will get over it.
No matter how slimy you think Rick is, to be coached by Rick is a better personal decision for KR than going to Duke or Kentucky and making the same money. Possibly not all about money.

Listen why are people angry at Kadary. I get it he left us to go across the river. But who among you would leave $300,000 to $500,000 on the table to stay at Seton Hall? Answer. None of you.
Because 1) many people, including those on this board contributed to Richmond’s pay this year so they have the right to be upset; 2) most would make the same decision but if an attorney at your firm jumped to your fiercest competitor for a salary increase I’m sure you would have similar feelings.

The word “fan” is short for “fanatic”. There was an emotional aspect of being a fan, so it’s quite natural for people to feel betrayed or upset.

Because 1) many people, including those on this board contributed to Richmond’s pay this year so they have the right to be upset; 2) most would make the same decision but if an attorney at your firm jumped to your fiercest competitor for a salary increase I’m sure you would have similar feelings.

The word “fan” is short for “fanatic”. There was an emotional aspect of being a fan, so it’s quite natural for people to feel betrayed or upset.
Richmond is a big boy and going to have to take the boos.

But Richmond isn't the only one who needs to be a big boy. 1) Paying these players salaries, people know every single one of them are 1 year contracts and these players have the ability to do what Richmond is doing. Either those people can put their big boy pants on and accept this is part of the game or they can choose not to fund. You only get to write the rules for your teams players while you have them under contract. Once they're free agents they owe the funders nothing and vice versa the funders owe them nothing. 2) I think that's more common than people think, but that's just business.

Side note. I actually had a professor who told our class the word fan first came about in the 17th century as a shortened form of the word fancier. I forget the whole story but it had to do with boxing.

Slick Rick is overrated as a coach, what did he do last yr with a loaded roster. We beat them twice, he blamed the players.
Well let's see they had a 1st year roster, we had a mainly second year roster. First time we blew them out. Second time they choked away the lead (improvement from the first game). Third time they almost beat us by 20 (improvement). Is it all about record or making your team better? Either we got worse as the season went along or they got better and I'll tell you this, we didn't get worse. I would say if you want to brag about the development of our guys under Sha, you have to admit SJU developed into a much better team.

Explain the progress his team made against us each time out. Fluke?
Richmond threw the towel in the loss in the BE Tournament, as SJU was already contacting him. He already knew he would be a member of the Redstorm. (Similar to Willard's blowout loss in the NCAA, he already knew he was headed to Maryland)

Richmond threw the towel in the loss in the BE Tournament, as SJU was already contacting him. He already knew he would be a member of the Redstorm. (Similar to Willard's blowout loss in the NCAA, he already knew he was headed to Maryland)
13 points 9 assists for a guy who threw in the towel. I'm sure Richmond is the guy to blame for losing the rebound battle too. SMH.

No one thought he was going to stay here, and many were fine with it, given the realities of the situation. The problem was where he went, when he could've had the same money (or more, per some reports) from a number of other (and better) programs.

That's the problem. Nothing else.

Well let's see they had a 1st year roster, we had a mainly second year roster. First time we blew them out. Second time they choked away the lead (improvement from the first game). Third time they almost beat us by 20 (improvement). Is it all about record or making your team better? Either we got worse as the season went along or they got better and I'll tell you this, we didn't get worse. I would say if you want to brag about the development of our guys under Sha, you have to admit SJU developed into a much better team.
St John’s improved greatly towards the end of the season?

Well I forgot down the final stretch they did have to go thru a murders row schedule of Depaul, Butler and Georgetown twice.

St John’s improved greatly towards the end of the season?

Well I forgot down the final stretch they did have to go thru a murders row schedule of Depaul, Butler and Georgetown twice.
Beat us by 19 and lost to UConn by 5 (on their home court) who just beat us by almost 30 (at UConn). It's ok to admit someone in the big east other than Seton Hall improved. That doesn't make you less of a Seton Hall fan.

Reactions: ryebread
Gerald Greene and Sha were two great SHU PG's. Andre Barret was good. I would consider Isaiah Whitehead as more of a combo guard. They were great representatives of SHU on and off the court.
Greene then everyone else.

As for Richmond: just wish it were not St. John's. However Rutgers, UCONN, Villanova would be as bad.

Reactions: LBP43
Beat us by 19 and lost to UConn by 5 (on their home court) who just beat us by almost 30 (at UConn).
By that time those last 2 games those St Johns kids were playing for their lives and fear of getting thrown off the roster

By that time those last 2 games those St Johns kids were playing for their lives and fear of getting thrown off the roster
We should've been playing for our NCAA tournament lives and fear of being left out.

Greene then everyone else.

As for Richmond: just wish it were not St. John's. However Rutgers, UCONN, Villanova would be as bad.
I could've lived with UConn and even Villanova. It was really just about two programs, and he couldn't work within that. It's a choice he made.

This is a great discussion. No doubt that the best floor general for me was Shaheen Holloway. His court vision and passing is still the best that I've ever seen at Seton Hall and I do go back to Gerald Greene. Sha's already the Pirates' all-time assist leader and, with all due respect to Bayonne Taty, Jackie Kaba and Charles Manga, whom I'm sure worked hard, if Shaheen ever had big men who could catch the ball (were they ever ready for it?), he would be one of the all-time NCAA assist leaders!

A lot if bitter posters crying this morning and calling a person (Pitino) who is amongst the best of his generation overrated.
Ironically, for as much fun as I like to have here with Quick Rick (who I truly do not respect at all), I don't have a major problem with him here. I mean, I already didn't like him, but he's just doing what he's allowed to do to field the best team possible (and with a chance to weaken a superior local program in the process). I put this whole thing on Kadary, who was tempted by a snake and chose to take a bite of the (big) apple.

Reactions: Piratz
This is a great discussion. No doubt that the best floor general for me was Shaheen Holloway. His court vision and passing is still the best that I've ever seen at Seton Hall and I do go back to Gerald Greene. Sha's already the Pirates' all-time assist leader and, with all due respect to Bayonne Taty, Jackie Kaba and Charles Manga, whom I'm sure worked hard, if Shaheen ever had big men who could catch the ball (were they ever ready for it?), he would be one of the all-time NCAA assist leaders!
I used to go to games occasionally with my ladyfriend of the time, who could not have possibly cared less about basketball. But she would just key on Sha because she just couldn't believe the things he could do with the ball, the passes that would come out of his hands. She thought of him like a magician and had a total appreciation for his skill. I thought that was very interesting.

Beat us by 19 and lost to UConn by 5 (on their home court) who just beat us by almost 30 (at UConn). It's ok to admit someone in the big east other than Seton Hall improved. That doesn't make you less of a Seton Hall fan.
Seton Hall 75 UConn 60 UConn 18-2 in the BE and National Champions. St John's and (the great Pitino, lol) DID NOT BEAT UConn last yr. Close does not count as a win!

• Haha
Reactions: shupat08
Maybe because he went for less to our crosstown Rival and to play for Slick Rick. He could have went and played anywhere and I could have still rooted for him. At St Johns that is next to impossible.

It still stings right now but I know at some point I will get over it. Maybe the bitterness is do to all the Taylor Swift my daughter makes me listen to in the car.

Pitino Derangement Syndrome in full effect on Piratecrew this week

Greene then everyone else...
Gerald was awesome. But an experienced Sha, Dre, Isaiah with that team would probably have been pretty good too.

SHU fans prize toughness, and none tougher than Gerald.

Seton Hall 75 UConn 60 UConn 18-2 in the BE and National Champions. St John's and (the great Pitino, lol) DID NOT BEAT UConn last yr. Close does not count as a win!
The topic was about getting better. Did UConn get 45 points better than us over the course of the season?

True but the guy hasn't won a NCAA game in 10 years. Can we also pump the brakes on all this Pitino butt licking.

Sure? I mean I'm not genuflecting at the Pitino altar. But dude is a legit legend and is a great add to the BE. And as SHU's main rival (yes I said it) look at how upset this move has most of our fans.

Repole’s open check book helps a ton.

Last year Rick did not deliver with all those High Expectations. For Pete’s sake they broadcasted a practice on Sportscenter before the season kicked off. They were basically putting St John’s in the Final Four because of all the great recruits they had assembled.

Reactions: cams555
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT