ADVERTISEMENT

Future NJ Vaccination Numbers are not good

Personal attack aside..and wow btw.

I didn’t make anything political. It just has become that. I don’t think it should be that way either. Just sharing facts that repub majority states aren’t doing as well with vaccinations bc it has become political. It never used to be that way, in fact more liberal democratic hipster states were the ones with the lowest vaccination rates before 2020.

As far as my motivation to push as many ppl to be vaccinated, which is part of your misunderstanding about this WHOLE pandemic, is so we don’t have to deal with this anymore, meaning less deaths, less long term health issues, less closures, more schools open, less possible varients, boosters needed, and yes less masks. We need as many ppl to get it to get to a point where we are Free again. There are ppl who can’t get the vaccine that want it, hell I have kids who can not get the vaccine so personally I want more ppl to be vaccinated so selfish folks like you don’t give the virus to them.

I feel it is my responsibility to not let folks like you spread fear uncertainty and doubt to others, obviously you are a lost cause but for those reading this, hopefully they will do their own research and follow actions of those smarter people they know which for the most part is to get vaccinated.

As far is my political leanings, I am far from a liberal and voted repub every presidential election until Trump came around. So putting me with those groups is as far from accurate. It would be like if I called you a selfless person that cares about the community. In both cases probably couldn’t be further from the truth.
Have you looked under the numbers in those “red states” or even the blue states. It’s the minority communities that are way behind on vaccinations. Philadelphia County in PA is at the bottom because of the black community, not because of Bucks County.

Blacks represent 12% of the population of PA but they only represent less than 3% of those that are fully vaccinated. Maybe you should go into the black community instead of those red states to educate.

Last edited:
Reactions: shu09
A couple follow ups the Governor.

1. He said he wanted them be certain that numbers won't go up again before removing indoor mask mandate. Are the numbers telling us this now? Or is this a political move?

2. What is the difference between dropping mask mandate today vs next week? Is the science telling us a week from now we will be in a lot better position than today?

1. In my opinion, Murphy was aiming to remove the mandate when we got to 70% of adults being vaccinated. The CDC saying we don't need them any more forced the issue.

2. Not much. Should probably just do it now

3. Is next Friday before labor day?

1. In my opinion, Murphy was aiming to remove the mandate when we got to 70% of adults being vaccinated. The CDC saying we don't need them any more forced the issue.

Thank you. I am a man of my word. I will never post on this board again.

Reactions: shu09 and cernjSHU
Correct. Need to go everywhere to educate. It is true , other communities like Latino, black communities, orthodox Jewish communities are always lower in vaccination rates as well.

Again, just pointing out facts, historically blue states had lower rates and now somehow red states are. It’s shouldn’t be political but our politicians made it that way.

Ask you doctor, like hall85 did, on what they think is best for you in terms of getting vaccinated? Don’t take hall85 or my word for it, you may be surprised on what they recommend for you.

Have you looked under the numbers in those “red states” or even the blue states. It’s the minority communities that are way behind on vaccinations. Philadelphia County in PA is at the bottom because of the black community, not because of Bucks County.

Blacks represent 12% of the population of PA but they only represent less than 3% of those that are fully vaccinated. Maybe you should go into the black community instead of those red states to educate.

Last edited:
Amen.

My baseball/softball league in town (little ones) finally just gave the green light that kids/coaches (and spectators) do not have to wear masks. Previously only the kids playing on the field could take them off, after a temperature check I'd administer (I'm the coach), but I had to wear one and so did the kids when they were on the bench waiting to hit. And all the spectators, including toddlers, were required to have masks. So my 2 year old is running around a playground adjacent to the field wearing a mask (we often, frankly, didn't make him do that or he would take it off, although there was a fear of the Twitter police then reporting this to the league). Meanwhile a girl is on second base with others around here, not wearing masks. Lunacy.
In my town coaches required to mask up. I know some who ignored it completely.

He was removing any all restrictions that he could/can possibly remove for summer tax revenue. Nothing else. You forget how he opened amusement/water parks and outdoor bars last year? God forbid one were to go indoors to eat at a small restaurant

He was removing any all restrictions that he could/can possibly remove for summer tax revenue. Nothing else. You forget how he opened amusement/water parks and outdoor bars last year? God forbid one were to go indoors to eat at a small restaurant

or... masks probably don’t really impact revenue much at all, and it’s the right time to remove the mandate?

Correct. Need to go everywhere to educate. It is true , other communities like Latino, black communities, orthodox Jewish communities are always lower in vaccination rates as well.

Again, just pointing out facts, historically blue states had lower rates and now somehow red states are. It’s shouldn’t be political but our politicians made it that way.

Ask you doctor, like hall85 did, on what they think is best for you in terms of getting vaccinated? Don’t take hall85 or my word for it, you may be surprised on what they recommend for you.
Look at red and blue counties...your theory is worthless.

And I don’t tell people what is best for them, and if you pay attention, I just present information and recommend people make the most informed decision for their individual situation. Maybe what I share enables them to ask more questions of their physician or trusted network. Unlike you, who tells people what they should be doing, that’s not my job.

Reactions: SHUMA04 and shu09

Pretty much every survey shows a large gap on vaccination views between political parties.
Also county data across the country shows a pretty high correlation between Trump voters and people not getting vaccinated.

I don’t care if people choose not to, just a shame how politicized it was... and to be fair, had the vaccines been available in May 2020, Dems would have been less likely to be vaccinated than they are today.

Reactions: HallBall02
Ok buddy. Vaccination rates among red states aren’t lower than blue ones, 🤦‍♀️. Facts don’t matter on the board I guess. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Dude i vote more with red than blue I’m not attacking repubs, I’m usually one of them minis when trump on ballot.

Either way, yes go to your doctor, 99% of them will say to go get a vaccine so do that please. Do not take my word for it, certainly don’t let Hall85 scare you out of
getting it.

And I don’t tell people what is best for them, and if you pay attention, I just present information and recommend people make the most informed decision for their individual situation. Maybe what I share enables them to ask more questions of their physician or trusted network. Unlike you, who tells people what they should be doing, that’s not my job.

Pretty much every survey shows a large gap on vaccination views between political parties.
Also county data across the country shows a pretty high correlation between Trump voters and people not getting vaccinated.

I don’t care if people choose not to, just a shame how politicized it was... and to be fair, had the vaccines been available in May 2020, Dems would have been less likely to be vaccinated than they are today.
Had they been available in May 2020, every single Democratic Governor or politician would have deemed them unsafe for use.

Had they been available in May 2020, every single Democratic Governor or politician would have deemed them unsafe for use.
You may be right.

Most politicians only care about staying in office and growing in power. There are examples of disgusting displays of using specific causes to fit their agenda on both sides to stay/grow power. When the situation is almost exactly reversed suddenly another cause is more important. Politics is so gross these days. Integrity, sticking to your word, and being honest is a lost custom.

Back to topic. NJ is almost there! Let’s get the state over the hump. I will bring Hall85 with me to the underserved communities to educate them that since Hall85 didn’t die from getting the vaccine, they probably won’t either 😆

If that works out, maybe I’ll even send a bottle of Advil to sh09 for the possible side affects he is so worried about.

She said she would not take it on Trump’s word. But she would be the first one in line if The experts in the CDC and Fauci said it was good. Perfectly reasonable response don’t you think since Trump was promoting all sorts of crazy shit out of his ass. I take the same stance.
It was a partisan dumb thing to say.

She said she would not take it on Trump’s word. But she would be the first one in line if The experts in the CDC and Fauci said it was good. Perfectly reasonable response don’t you think since Trump was promoting all sorts of crazy shit out of his ass. I take the same stance.
Of course she wouldn’t be asked to take it “on Trump’s word.” She knows that. Everyone did. It was more political BS.

that's the point.

There are people today who are at high risk of they get Covid who are chosing not to get vaccinated because of the politicization.

I'm not arguing that wouldn't have happened among democrats if these roles were reversed.

But that’s a hypothetical we don’t get to test. What we do know to be true is that counties with a lot of Trump voters have lower vaccination rates, and polling suggests that republicans are less likely to be vaccinated.

that's the point.

There are people today who are at high risk of they get Covid who are chosing not to get vaccinated because of the politicization.

I'm not arguing that wouldn't have happened among democrats if these roles were reversed.

But that’s a hypothetical we don’t get to test. What we do know to be true is that counties with a lot of Trump voters have lower vaccination rates, and polling suggests that republicans are less likely to be vaccinated.
Is that really true? In NJ, Morris, Somerset and Bergen have the highest vaccination rates. In PA, Philadelphia County is one of the lowest.

Reactions: Hallsome
Many of those complaining about "politicization" of vaccinations are creating their own echo chamber.

Ask the deeper questions. What unites Wyoming to Philadelphia County? Isn't it strong views around personal liberty and a suspicion of government overreach?

What unites Vermont to Somerset and Morris Counties? Isn't it conformity to the establishment narrative and the nanny state?

Frankly, far from being "depressing" or "politicised," it actually is quite heartening to see pockets of our society as divergent as Wyoming and Philadelphia have the independence of thought to question spurious narratives.

Reactions: HALL85 and shu09
Is that really true? In NJ, Morris, Somerset and Bergen have the highest vaccination rates. In PA, Philadelphia County is one of the lowest.

Not saying it’s a hard rule for every county in the country, but on average, yes. Counties that went for Trump have a lower vaccination rate. Seems to get more pronounced the higher Trump won by as well.

Frankly, far from being "depressing" or "politicised," it actually is quite heartening to see pockets of our society as divergent as Wyoming and Philadelphia have the independence of thought to question spurious narratives.

Im not talking about the people who actually had an independent thought. People can come to different conclusions and that's fine but typically you would not see this partisan divide when it comes to a health crisis.

I'd say the same thing if Trump had won and democrats were fear mongering about the vaccine. I think it's depressing how divided we are.

Reactions: HallBall02
Not saying it’s a hard rule for every county in the country, but on average, yes. Counties that went for Trump have a lower vaccination rate. Seems to get more pronounced the higher Trump won by as well.
No, counties with the highest minority populations have the lowest vaccination rates.

Reactions: SHUMA04
No, counties with the highest minority populations have the lowest vaccination rates.

I’m sorry but you can look at stats different ways. I pointed to actual minority vaccination data in PA, which clearly showed the gap (less than 3% AA fully vaccinated vs 12% of population).

Correct. Look at NJ -- of municipalities, the lowest rates are found in New Brunswick, East Orange, Orange, Newark, Irvington, Camden, Trenton, Bridgeton, etc. What does that tell you?

Reactions: SHUMA04
It tells me that communities have been more difficult to reach but the gap is shrinking in pretty much every state as shown in that link 85 posted.

It tells me that communities have been more difficult to reach but the gap is shrinking in pretty much every state as shown in that link 85 posted.

Depends on how you define "more difficult to reach." Perhaps they have been "more difficult to reach" because of the well documented historical fact that their communities were targeted by the early 20th century eugenics programs which were all the rage among American elites at the time.

Those kinds of community memories don't fade easily.

I know you didn't intend it but the idea that minorities don't have an "actual independent thought" is the kind of casual and deeply embedded left wing racism that doesn't get discussed on CNN and the NY Times.

That’s the BS MSM narrative. Remember the initial doses were administered at hospital locations. Every one of those cities mentioned in his post has a medical center right there. How is that hard to reach?

And while those numbers are trending up as the article states, the minority vaccination figures still lag well behind.

That’s the BS MSM narrative. Remember the initial doses were administered at hospital locations. Every one of those cities mentioned in his post has a medical center right there. How is that hard to reach?

And while those numbers are trending up as the article states, the minority vaccination figures still lag well behind.

It’s not a BS narrative. It was true. States then started to add specific programs to reach these communities and the gap started to shrink.

Early on it was a PIA to get a vaccine. As time went on supply and access increased. The only thing holding people back now is their own convictions, whether health or politically based.

IMO, all restrictions should be lifted. There is no risk of overwhelming the health care system. If you are vaccinated, according to my PCP, there is a very very low chance of giving or contracting. For those that choose to not get vaccinated, let them live with the consequences.

It is time to land the plane.

Reactions: shu09 and HALL85
I am starting to notice people not wearing masks in stores and other inside public areas. There is still a mask mandate here (Lancaster, PA). I have decided to carry a mask with me but not wear it. If asked to wear it, I will. Otherwise, I am hoping more and more people do this sooner than later.

I will not be surprised if going forward we have another line to divide us. Mask wearers and non-mask wearers. I respect people's decision to continue to wear masks, I hope (but don't really care) they respect my decision to not wear one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT