ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia Game: NIT Semifinals

Piratz

All Universe
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2004
Has anyone seen them play? I haven’t. But they beat two teams who had been playing fairly well to get here, Wake Forest (72-66) and Ohio State (79-77). Not sure the details though.

**Overall 20-16, went just 6-12 in the SEC regular season.Currently KP #78, finished with NET #100 and only 1-9 Q1, 2-6 Q2.
**105th in OE, 51st in DE, 109th in tempo.
**65th in bench minutes (maybe a key?), but 282nd in minutes continuity.
**Average height 31st.

Nothing too much stood out in their profile. They are just 239th in 2P% offensively, 103rd in 3PA:FGA, 74th in FTA:FGA so they get to the line pretty well but are only average FT shooting team. Defensively just 240th in turnover %, 239th in OR% allowed, 151st in 2PTD.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
I'd also add that those NIT wins vs Wake and Ohio St. were on the road so they seem to be playing well right now for sure.

I think their record is a little deceiving as they've played a ton of close games, but haven't been able to get W's in most of those games. They lost to Florida 3 times by a total of 15 points; they lost to Tennessee by 6 points; Providence by 7 points when they still had Hopkins.

They've also struggled with lesser teams - beat Mizzou twice by only 12 points total; lost to LSU twice. They won at South Carolina, but lost to them at home by double digits. Seems like you don't really know what you're going to get.

Reactions: chickenbox
Has anyone seen them play? I haven’t. But they beat two teams who had been playing fairly well to get here, Wake Forest (72-66) and Ohio State (79-77). Not sure the details though.

**Overall 20-16, went just 6-12 in the SEC regular season.Currently KP #78, finished with NET #100 and only 1-9 Q1, 2-6 Q2.
**Average height 31st.

Nothing too much stood out in their profile. They are just 239th in 2P% offensively, 103rd in 3PA:FGA, 74th in FTA:FGA so they get to the line pretty well but are only average FT shooting team. Defensively just 240th in turnover %, 239th in OR% allowed, 151st in 2PTD.
They almost blew a 20 plus point lead vs xavier so they are very susceptible to pressure. I think we keep the game plan intact .punch them early with physical D taking them out of their rhythm.

**Average height 31st.

Yes they are weird unit with zero rhyme or reason to their rotation. Their best player (Jabri Abdur Rahim) - who isn’t any good - has been hurt. Their best big man (Russell Tchewa) has also been hurt but he played a few mins off the bench last game. They’ve been better without both guys to be honest.

Noah Thomason has led them in the NIT but he could just as well disappear off the face of the earth tomorrow. Blue Cain has emerged recently, but he’s still a freshman. The cuse transfer Frank Anselem has been solid the last few games, but he barely played before that.

Just a real mess of a team. Kind of like St. John’s but without any good players if that makes sense.

Saw the latter part of the X game,Ga was way out ahead, X came storming back, then didn't get any calls at all late in the game, and lost by 2

Their best player isn't any good?
He’s from Millburn and played his first couple of years of high school at Seton Hall Prep. Then he transferred to Blair.

He received a ton of hype from day one because his father Shareef Abur-Rahim. The reason they were living in NJ was because he was working for the NBA after his career was over.

The kid got to play on USA Basketball youth teams because of his pedigree and has always been a decent player, but not really close to the level of hype he has always received.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT