ADVERTISEMENT

Get Up, Dust Off

Piratz

All Universe
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2004
I wish Angel the best and appreciate what he did for us for 3 years. I hope he finds what he's looking for out there.

This is a huge surprise and so late, but we still have a talented team here. Next man up. Will be more wide open with guard/wing depth.

Time for KC, Desi, and Ish to get everyone in line and get to work. Nobody will be sympathetic.

Nope.

That was the gut punch to end Seton Hall's chances at a great season.

The class of IW, AD, KC, & DR will always be what if...

Have to agree here. While the season is still to be played, it would be incredibly disappointing for the class of '14 to go 0-for in the NCAA's. Delgado leaving greatly increases the chances of that happening.

Reactions: SHUMA04 and mjs429
They took a moribund program who hadn't seen the NCAA's in 10 years to consecutive NCAA Tournaments and won a BET Championship over the eventual NC.

It's disappointing they did not win a single NCAA game (yet!), but they turned out program around.

We're not replacing Delgado. The idea of going deep in March is gone as of now. We're back to just getting a bid. The rebounding is so important to how this group plays, but we have 6 months to get Ish, Nzei, and everyone else working. A huge blow, but what can you do?

We will still start 3 Seniors and have some firepower.

Reactions: RPCity
We will have to outscore teams now and play an uptempo style. No reason to think Carrington, Desi, and Powell can't average 15-18 per game each. We need 30-35 points per game out of the other guys and it may work. Or at least that's what I keep telling myself after this shocker lol

Reactions: SHUisNJsTeam
They took a moribund program who hadn't seen the NCAA's in 10 years to consecutive NCAA Tournaments and won a BET Championship over the eventual NC.

It's disappointing they did not win a single NCAA game (yet!), but they turned out program around.

We're not replacing Delgado. The idea of going deep in March is gone as of now. We're back to just getting a bid. The rebounding is so important to how this group plays, but we have 6 months to get Ish, Nzei, and everyone else working. A huge blow, but what can you do?

We will still start 3 Seniors and have some firepower.
Yeah, they totally turned this program. They brought some glory and relevance back to the Hall. They a gave us team to be proud of again and despite the news, we still have a lot to be hopeful about.

Thinking about what could have been sucks but it is what it is. Tough to criticize the kids who we appreciate so much for a solid run in the past two years and for giving us a lot to talk shit about with our friends.

We might be OK. Solid backcourt, Desi, Ish, Nzei and Sandro in the front court. Blew a bunch of games last year because of our inconsistent guard play - I think there's upside with next year's lineup. Who knows.

We'll be different. The rebounding is huge to what we do. You're not replacing Delgado's ability there. He was a natural. The best. It covered the defensive lapses or FG/FT% issues.

So you have to make it up with better traditional offense and team defense on a team stocked with guards and forwards. Sounds obvious, but true.

Good news is our team FT shooting percentage should go up

I know that's a quip, but there's logic to it.

As the team reconstructs, you have to offset and improve other areas. That's how we will be different.

The rebounding is off the charts. That was literally his game. We're not replacing that. We know about Delgado on the defensive end. Offensively, his rating was only 3rd-best on the team last year, which may surprise people.

So, we have to compensate for it with better offense for one, and not just one player. Maybe Powell his it better from 3. Maybe Walker/Cale give us more than Jones, etc.

We need a better defense and create more turnovers now that the rebounds are gone. Our rebounding went up big time last season from 2015-16, but our turnovers were down just as much. That's one way. Maybe more time with a smaller quicker lineup does that?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT