ADVERTISEMENT

Giants Jets

TomD82

All American
Nov 17, 2008
Just a tremendous effort by Giants. I have never seen Seattle play so poorly but still. I heard Couglin name being called getting sacks and had to look twice. How could Gallman be inactive 2 games this year? Leonard Williams is going to get a big contract from someone. Jets what a way to lose. That is on Williams. Why blitz instead of defending the end zone? I am psyched for the PSU game now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Piratz
What scares me about Williams is that is what we’re seeing is an indication of what we’ll see going forward or are we seeing a player who put everything into his contract year and will he revert back to the Williams who didn’t give it all on every play. I would try to bring him back but I wouldn’t break the bank on him especially with limited cap space and other needs on this team. I still see a need at tight end as Engram just drops too many balls and is too inconsistent.

Just a tremendous effort by Giants. I have never seen Seattle play so poorly but still. I heard Couglin name being called getting sacks and had to look twice. How could Gallman be inactive 2 games this year? Leonard Williams is going to get a big contract from someone. Jets what a way to lose. That is on Williams. Why blitz instead of defending the end zone? I am psyched for the PSU game now.

I think it's different for Williams this year. In Judge's postgame presser he went out of his wave to rave about Williams off the field and how he loves coaching him. It could be what we're seeing is this is the right fit between scheme and coaching for this player.

The Giants have a lot of assets and talent tied into that DL with Williams, Tomlinson, Lawrence, and Hill. Both Williams and Tomlinson are UFA's after the season. Going to be difficult to pay both.

On Gallman, I think it's another sign of good coaching. The team has developed. Guys who practice hard and show something get rewarded and then the whole unit takes off. I don't know what was going on earlier, maybe he wasn't showing it or had trouble catching onto the new system. They went out and got Freeman ahead of him too.

Definitely more talent on the DL than the Jets has helped Williams. Last year Quinton Williams was a 20 yr old kid playing next to him. Leonard is going to want Aaron Donald money.

Boomer Easison was saying he wonders if Greg Williams intentionally called that defense in order to lose and get fired to get a head start on a new DC position. Gio said he made the same kind of calls in Cleveland last year. What a way to lose.

Jets fire Gregg Williams after shocking game-costing call

By Brian Costello

Gregg Williams cost the Jets a shot at their first win Sunday and it cost him his job Monday.

The Jets fired the defensive coordinator the day after he called an all-out blitz with 12 seconds left and the team leading the Raiders by four points. The play-call set up a 46-yard touchdown pass from Derek Carr to Henry Ruggs III that gave the Raiders an improbable 31-28 victory and sent the Jets to 0-12.

Williams, 62, has been the Jets defensive coordinator since last year when he joined the team along with head coach Adam Gase. The Jets rank 29th in total defense this year and 30th in scoring defense.

he should be promoted for saving their tank job. the jaguars were playing at the same time trying everything in their power to lose. race to the bottom.

That was an easy call to make yesterday that he was gonna get fired. My friend texted me that was gonna happen as Gase needed a scapegoat. Gase will be next but after the season is over. I watched the 4th quarter and could see that play coming from a mile away. On the previous pass that went incomplete, Carr missed a wide open receiver with one on one coverage by the goal line. You would think most D coordinators AND head coaches would go nuts and say how did we let anyone behind us? But they called the same defense and the Raiders (who looked terrible) took advantage. Crazy and they all should be fired and this is coming from a Giants fan who could care less.

Section 112 is right. The Defense was exactly the same on the previous play and Carr overthrew the wide open receiver. Maybe Williams was giving a gift or not. Fact is that Carr was unable to handle the pressure all game and missing open receivers. I can't believe that the coaches were trying to lose so the jets get that first pick in the draft because they were all going to get fired at season's end anyway (and deservedly so).

As a Jets fan I find it difficult to root against my own team, but this year is different. They are a terrible team and that #1 pick is extremely (Lawrence) valuable. Joe Douglass is on the right track with his draft picks from last year & he needs to continuing remake of the roster. The thought that they may win and blow the Trevor Lawrence lottery scared the hell out of me.

Tom K

Section 112 is right. The Defense was exactly the same on the previous play and Carr overthrew the wide open receiver. Maybe Williams was giving a gift or not. Fact is that Carr was unable to handle the pressure all game and missing open receivers. I can't believe that the coaches were trying to lose so the jets get that first pick in the draft because they were all going to get fired at season's end anyway (and deservedly so).

As a Jets fan I find it difficult to root against my own team, but this year is different. They are a terrible team and that #1 pick is extremely (Lawrence) valuable. Joe Douglass is on the right track with his draft picks from last year & he needs to continuing remake of the roster. The thought that they may win and blow the Trevor Lawrence lottery scared the hell out of me.

Tom K
Trevor is not the savior

Maybe yes and maybe no, but he is the best option out there. But Trevor or any other QB can't do it alone. The O-line & receivers must be upgraded also.

Tom K
so flip the #1 for a few first rounders.

By the way another factor in yesterday's Jets game was the injury to 38 year old Frank Gore. This forced the Jets to use two rarely used running backs who had been bench warmers up to now. Combined Johnson & Adams rushed for about 200 yards. Just another nail in the Coaches coffin that he kept using aged vets rather than the younger players in a already lost season.

Tom K

so flip the #1 for a few first rounders.

Only if you are convinced that Darnold can live up to previous expectations. But based on his regression this year plus his injury history I don't see how one can make that assumption.

Tom K

How they are doing this without Jones and Barkley is pretty amazing. Doing just enough to win and more importantly learning how to win. Defense has come up big at the end of the last few games. Too soon to be sure but I like the way Judge is instilling a culture.

I was a big Darnold fan and to date that hasn't worked out. Who's at fault? Darnold? Gase? The organization? Probably all the above. But bottom line the Jets have wasted his rookie contract and clearly in my mind, and almost everyone else's, Lawrence is the best bet for the team's future.

If the new staff thinks Darnold can play do they dare package that pick and trade it?

Or is Lawrence so good, so important that this is a situation where the organization makes the call?

If a team like Washington wants to move up and says they will also package one of their DL men, their #1, a future # 1 and a later pick do you do it? The Jets would have like 5 #1 pick the next 2 drafts and could really build a team. Sweat or Kerrigan would go fit onto their DL. But, then again look who he Jets took with the Giants pick for Williams. Jabari Zuniga.

Reactions: Burnsly
If the new staff thinks Darnold can play do they dare package that pick and trade it?

Or is Lawrence so good, so important that this is a situation where the organization makes the call?

I think the Jets have put themselves in a position where they have to draft Lawrence and trade Darnold otherwise the legions of Jets fans will go crazy .

The experts have been wrong before but they say that Lawrence is a generational talent. That being the case Joe Douglass will not be able to pass on this opportunity if the Jets get that #1 pick.

Tom K

Reactions: Halldan1
The smart move would be to keep Darnold & trade the pick for a bounty. No doubt they'd be instant division/playoff contenders. Jets don't have the balls to do it though. I guarantee Gettlemen would. Can't let your fans run your team.

If they can get a Herschel Walker trade type bounty for the pick I think they should do it. What can they get for Darnold? What they got for Leonard Williams or what the Cards got for Rosen?

The smart move would be to keep Darnold & trade the pick for a bounty. No doubt they'd be instant division/playoff contenders. Jets don't have the balls to do it though. I guarantee Gettlemen would. Can't let your fans run your team.

With a new(ish) GM and a new head coach and staff, you start the rebuild from square one. You'll have Lawrence on his rookie contract, with cap space and four other picks in the first three rounds.

If you believe Darnold is the guy, that's fine. Trade the #1 and get the two #1s and other picks that you will recoup. But you're going to have to pay Darnold sooner rather than later and he has done little to show he's the long-term answer. Plus, if he's not the guy, the rebuild will stall while you spin your wheels finding a quality QB.

Reactions: Piratz and SnakeTom
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT