ADVERTISEMENT

Goalposts moving

SHUSA

All World
Jan 10, 2013
key quote here: "In deciding what fully vaccinated means, it would help to know “what outcomes we’re trying to prevent,"

what outcomes are we trying to prevent??

and how do we treat naturally immunity, does that have no place? the conspiracy theorists are starting to look not so crazy.

it would be a disaster to move "fully vaccinated" to 3 shots

It took you 21 months to realize the goalposts have been moving? Lol. Better late than never I guess.

Reactions: Hallsome
It took you 21 months to realize the goalposts have been moving? Lol. Better late than never I guess.
no i know goalposts have been moving. sometimes its because we learn something new, others not so much. ive seen your points all along here.

remember when it was to flatten the curve?

key quote here: "In deciding what fully vaccinated means, it would help to know “what outcomes we’re trying to prevent,"

what outcomes are we trying to prevent??

and how do we treat naturally immunity, does that have no place? the conspiracy theorists are starting to look not so crazy.

it would be a disaster to move "fully vaccinated" to 3 shots

It’s difficult because earlier on fully vaccinated meant your chances of getting infected were much lower. As time goes on, your chances go up.

So the question is if we going to differentiate your chances of infection vs your protection if you get infected? I don’t believe we should.

That said, i wouldn’t say I got vaccinated for the flu if I skipped the vaccine this year… so it is kind of a valid point to say that you are no longer “fully vaccinated” if your last shot was a year ago.

Biden admin begins pivot away from case counts to focusing on severe illness and hospitalization. This should have happened from the start and it was a big mistake on Trump's part. Case counts don't matter. The only thing that matters is hospitalizations and the ability to treat severe illness.

Remember, everything comes back to politics. Americans are sick of covid and want to move on. Biden said he would get it under control (to be fair, no politician can. we know this). In order for Democrats to win or stave off huge losses in 2022, the country has to move away from covid.

Obama ended the swine flu pandemic by stopping daily case counts and mass testing. Biden seems to be taking a similar approach, though his push for mass testing is misguided.

Someone will write a book in the future detailing government mistakes during Covid and it will be a very thick book.

It’s difficult because earlier on fully vaccinated meant your chances of getting infected were much lower. As time goes on, your chances go up.

So the question is if we going to differentiate your chances of infection vs your protection if you get infected? I don’t believe we should.

That said, i wouldn’t say I got vaccinated for the flu if I skipped the vaccine this year… so it is kind of a valid point to say that you are no longer “fully vaccinated” if your last shot was a year ago.
right but if you get your first shot today, you would t be fully vaccinated. time frame makes sense (im only at 8 months) but number of vaccines doesnt. as the article mentions.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT