ADVERTISEMENT

Good and bad

I'm not saying I wanted to see us play unevenly but it's hardly a surprise. It was November 9 and game one. A new coach plus a rotation with more new players than returnees equals uneven. The shock would have been a crisp, well-played game.

To what should be no one's surprise, there's a lot to work on and there is plenty of time to work out the kinks. Hopefully we don't lose winnable games in the process. The only thing Wednesday night showed is that we are vastly better than a Monmouth team that is likewise trying to figure itself out.

I think Monmouth might have a player in that big kid from India. He is OK with the ball, made 3 of 4 fts, nice jump hook. Seems to have good hands. Based on the way they shot threes last night, I may get him a bunch of touches and see what he can do.

SPU lost all their good players and will still be better than Monmouth?
I’d be surprised if St. Peter’s is worse than Monmouth. Monmouth is really, really bad. Time will tell if they had an off shooting night or if they just can’t shoot, but if those threes aren’t falling, they have Myles Foster and very little else.

As the broadcast team alluded to a few times, the pace of play was not in sync. First game energy it appeared to be for both teams.

I liked the way the guards played defense. Can’t say they played without some focus and intensity. There is enough talent to make plays and score. The season is a marathon and plenty of time to improve in several areas. Free throw shooting was poor. I’m concerned about frontcourt scoring, but T. Davis may be a player to watch.

Reactions: buckfoston824
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT