ADVERTISEMENT

Good Summary of Seton Hall

CL82

All American
Oct 31, 2002
Seton Hall, St. John's, and Connecticut preseason write ups
The Pirates return fifth-year guard Dylan Addae-Wusu and star freshman Isaiah Coleman, but Holloway and his staff went big in the portal by adding eight transfers, including guards Garwey Dual (Providence), Zion Harmon (Bethune-Cookman), Chaunce Jenkins (ODU), wing Scotty Middleton (Ohio State) and forwards Prince Aligbi (Boston College), Gus Yalden (Wisconsin) and Yacine Toumi (Evansville) and big man Emmanuel Okorafor (Louisville).

There’s no question Holloway can coach, but this year will be defined by how much he can get his new players to buy into his defense-first philosophy and jell.

“This year I wanted to bring in guys that could f***ing compete,” Holloway said this summer. “My mindset was I’m bringing in a bunch of guys that could play and compete and I think that brings the best out of a team.”

Asked what he was looking for from the portal, Holloway said, “I wanted more guys that could play multiple spots. I wanted more size as far as at the guards’ spot. I wanted more guys that could get to the basket. I wanted some shooters. I just wanted a team where I could play 10-11 guys, where I don’t have to play one guy 30-35 minutes.”

Last edited:
Sha is without a doubt our greatest asset. He's one of the best coaches in the conference. I can't help but wonder what he would be able to if he had high major resources.

Just need him to not wonder the same more than his love for Seton Hall.

For this year, that seems like a fair summary. Lots of pieces, just no idea how well they will fit together yet.

Just need him to not wonder the same more than his love for Seton Hall.

For this year, that seems like a fair summary. Lots of pieces, just no idea how well they will fit together yet.
For me, the best reason to make an NIL contribution. We all loe SHU hoops regardless of the coach, but SHU hoops and Sha, does it get any better than that?

Sha is without a doubt our greatest asset. He's one of the best coaches in the conference. I can't help but wonder what he would be able to if he had high major resources.
eventually you might not have to wonder

Let’s concentrate on Sha coaching this year’s team , support him and his assistants and the players and not worry about eventualities.

Last edited:
They say never say never, but I genuinely believe Sha is as loyal as they come. He would rather go down swinging at Seton Hall than jump ship to a school with competitive resources.

Reactions: Seton75 and Merge
a few sentences in a magazine write-up and we are already surmising about when and why Sha will leave...... whats the point of following and rooting for the team if that is all some think about ??

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT