ADVERTISEMENT

Good

shu09 here is an example of people not staying at home when theyre infected. for some reason you youre oblivious on how selfish the avg american is

Reactions: silkcitypirate
One incident does not a rule make.
where theres smoke theres fire.

this is widespread. and i know that you know it. you just wont admit it because it goes against everything youve been saying. how many knicks/rangers/hall fans are gonna skip the game of theye covid positive but still able to go? i bet not a lot of them. and thats in a progressive city. everyone somehow justifies it to themselves one way or another.

youre not naieve you just want to pretend you are

I bet a lot of them would skip the game in that case. They've been conditioned to believe covid is the plague.

I bet a lot of them would skip the game in that case. They've been conditioned to believe covid is the plague.
nah. theyve been conditioned to judge others actions until the covid bug strikes them. your example is right above. people arent cancelling plans, money, etc. you think people will miss their flights because they have covid? for sure not

I'm not sure what the point of all this is. There are people that span the spectrum (like everything in life)....Some are reckless and selfish; some are obsessed with being cautious on an issue while their behavior is more dangerous to their health and others in other ways. This could be said about anything behavior, like driving a car.

Picking one person exhibiting a behavior does what?

Reactions: SHUMA04
nah. theyve been conditioned to judge others actions until the covid bug strikes them. your example is right above. people arent cancelling plans, money, etc. you think people will miss their flights because they have covid? for sure not

If they're asymptomatic, so what? We're beyond the point of needing to "stop the spread." That doesn't work anyway, but even if it did we're beyond that point. We have vaccines and treatments available. Needs to be treated like any other illness, not a deadly plague.

I couldn't care less what anyone's vaccination status is, whether the guy behind me at the SH game or on an airplane has covid or not. Move on.

If they're asymptomatic, so what? We're beyond the point of needing to "stop the spread." That doesn't work anyway, but even if it did we're beyond that point. We have vaccines and treatments available. Needs to be treated like any other illness, not a deadly plague.

I couldn't care less what anyone's vaccination status is, whether the guy behind me at the SH game or on an airplane has covid or not. Move on.

I agree with the sentiment, but if you know you're infected wear a mask at least and don't lie to the people around you telling them that you were negative.

Reactions: SHUSA
Go to your local restaurants and ask how they did the week before Christmas through last week. There were tons of cancellations. I had one restaurant owner tell me he had 350 reservations on Christmas Eve, he ended up with 230 people showing up. I can tell you of pizzeria/restaurants shutting down their dining area. I think a lot of people did cancel a lot of events. My work canceled their year end party.

Reactions: SHUMA04
Excuse my covid fatigue, but at some point we've got to get to a who cares about this topic. For decades and probably centuries people have been going to work, sporting events, concerts, etc when they've had a sore throat, a little cough, and a runny nose (those were my symptoms) and nobody ever thought twice about it. Nobody ever held up a sign that said I'm sick. Heck I'm sure everybody here has a story how they toughed it out to go to an event when under the weather.

Reactions: SHUMA04 and shu09
The irony was that we had four players that had the flu against UConn which is about as dangerous as COVID to a 20 year old.

Reactions: shu09
I'm in full agreement with it being time to move on.
The other side of this wave has to be the end.
A more challenging message when the prevailing message has been to scare the shit out of people for two years.

A more challenging message when the prevailing message has been to scare the shit out of people for two years.
Seems there's a lot of places in the world is leading the way with a calmer message while we're happy to just keep riding the fear wave. Maybe we're making Robert Frost proud taking the road less traveled.

Seems there's a lot of places in the world is leading the way with a calmer message while we're happy to just keep riding the fear wave. Maybe we're making Robert Frost proud taking the road less traveled.
Sweden is a good case study in adult messaging.

Well, it was a virus that killed almost 900k Americans in less than two years.
No matter how you communicate the risks which would end with that result, it is going to sound a little scary.

Well, it was a virus that killed almost 900k Americans in less than two years.
No matter how you communicate the risks which would end with that result, it is going to sound a little scary.
Communicating the severity with guidance out of the gate would have been a great start but we had a President who was inept and his opponents preoccupied with impeaching him.

And to stay focused on scaring this shit out of the public in a partisan fashion two years later is disgraceful.

When do we start messaging on how to return to normal?

Communicating the severity with guidance out of the gate would have been a great start but we had a President who was inept and his opponents preoccupied with impeaching him.

And to stay focused on scaring this shit out of the public in a partisan fashion two years later is disgraceful.

When do we start messaging on how to return to normal?

Good question. My guess is after cases drop and we level off we will start to see more and more people declaring Covid over for both practical (it is actually almost over) and political (dems NEED it to be over) reasons.

Good question. My guess is after cases drop and we level off we will start to see more and more people declaring Covid over for both practical (it is actually almost over) and political (dems NEED it to be over) reasons.
The messaging has sucked for two years. I have no confidence that it will change.

they need covid to be over but isnt there talks of being ready for the next supervirus that could be around the corner? or a newr future major cyber hack/attack, etc. always something to scare people over

they need covid to be over but isnt there talks of being ready for the next supervirus that could be around the corner? or a newr future major cyber hack/attack, etc. always something to scare people over

I'm sure they will find something. Fear works well politically but I think people are done with Covid.

Global warming or "climate crisis" (lol) as the cute little term they call it now to scare people.

Gates is already out there talking about the "next" pandemic. Wonder what he knows....

Gates is already out there talking about the "next" pandemic. Wonder what he knows....
isnt he running a cyber attack simulated response symposium soon? similar to the one he did on a simulated Sars virus outbreak that was convieniently 6 months before the pandemic ?

isnt he running a cyber attack simulated response symposium soon? similar to the one he did on a simulated Sars virus outbreak that was convieniently 6 months before the pandemic ?

Not sure but I hope not. His dry runs seem to hit big like Event 201....

In all honesty, what are the possible events that could cause a massive disruption to the US and our economy.
We should be having simulated responses to all of those.

If they happen, that doesn't mean it was planned. It means we planned for it.

Reactions: anon_ezos2e9wn1ob0
In all honesty, what are the possible events that could cause a massive disruption to the US and our economy.
We should be having simulated responses to all of those.

If they happen, that doesn't mean it was planned. It means we planned for it.

US has planned for pandemics for decades. What's odd about this one is the response was nothing like what was decided on in the planning phases. Something's rotten in Denmark...

US has planned for pandemics for decades. What's odd about this one is the response was nothing like what was decided on in the planning phases.

Were they as transmissible? Were they transmitted by people with no symptoms? Did some people have mild symptoms and others sever?

Sometimes you plan for things and get something you don't really expect and you have to adjust your plan.

Were they as transmissible? Were they transmitted by people with no symptoms? Did some people have mild symptoms and others sever?

Sometimes you plan for things and get something you don't really expect and you have to adjust your plan.

Nah, this was way more than that. Coordinated globally. Ask why.

As someone who has been involved with the federal government (HHS, FDA, CDC, BARDA) during this pandemic, I will say that when a disaster occurs, I have witnessed leadership in these agencies react and coordinate public and private industries. What is also apparent is that they don't focus nearly enough time and resources on readiness for a disaster until it's too late.

Reactions: Merge
Nah, this was way more than that. Coordinated globally. Ask why.

Because it was a highly transmissible Global pandemic that was impacting most of the globe around the same time. Why wouldn't we try to coordinate a global response?

As someone who has been involved with the federal government (HHS, FDA, CDC, BARDA) during this pandemic, I will say that when a disaster occurs, I have witnessed leadership in these agencies react and coordinate public and private industries. What is also apparent is that they don't focus nearly enough time and resources on readiness for a disaster until it's too late.

Yeah, I think there is a lot we have learned and hopefully helps us prepare better if/when it happens again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT