ADVERTISEMENT

Gotta love Kenpom

Field Of 68 podcast on fire this morning about the NET when talking about Michigan State. Loved every second of it. Such a ridiculously flawed system.

Reactions: sussexcopirate
It's a big 14 slurpfest system.
Their argument was that Indiana State should get in and Michigan State should be left out. They agreed that there’s no way the committee is leaving a P6 team out over a mid-major. If Michigan State were to lose to Minnesota on Thursday, look out.

Xavier also lost in the OOC to Delaware and Oakland. And they finished under .500 and only finished 4 spots behind us? Something doesn't seem to add up based on the metrics bros "SeToN HaLL hAd HoRRiD OOC LoSeS" argument.....

I guess a 4 game BE difference and 5 game overall difference only results in a 4 spot analytics difference 😂
We’re back to margins. That’s the essence of KenPom then all the data is helpful to see how a team plays. It does not evaluate profiles or results that way. Seton Hall lost its 4 non-con games by 45, Xavier lost their 5 by 30. They also beat St. Mary’s by 17.

The NET is supposed to weight actual results more but the differences between the formulas don’t seem to be that major. Evidently the NET is used for seeding not selection.

Their argument was that Indiana State should get in and Michigan State should be left out. They agreed that there’s no way the committee is leaving a P6 team out over a mid-major. If Michigan State were to lose to Minnesota on Thursday, look out.
The thing is … Michigan state beat Indiana state. I know the committee has stated head to head doesn’t matter but imo it should. I believe indiana state has 0 wins vs projected field. I do think they are team that could be tough matchup if they sneak in but they could justifiably left out

We’re back to margins. That’s the essence of KenPom then all the data is helpful to see how a team plays. It does not evaluate profiles or results that way. Seton Hall lost its 4 non-con games by 45, Xavier lost their 5 by 30. They also beat St. Mary’s by 17.

The NET is supposed to weight actual results more but the differences between the formulas don’t seem to be that major. Evidently the NET is used for seeding not selection.

They lost pretty to Oakland and Delaware. Two known low major powerhouses who are super efficient on offense and defense.

I'd rather win 20 games ugly than win 15 games pretty. But KenPom thinks winning 15 games pretty is basically just as good as winning 20 games ugly.

The thing is … Michigan state beat Indiana state. I know the committee has stated head to head doesn’t matter but imo it should. I believe indiana state has 0 wins vs projected field. I do think they are team that could be tough matchup if they sneak in but they could justifiably left out

At Michigan State. And if we're evaluating a team's full profile like the Net proponents claim than Michigan St at 8-13 in Q1/Q2 games is way below Indiana State 5-5 record in Q1/Q2 games.

Reactions: shupat08
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT