ADVERTISEMENT

Great conclusion to our 3 part Trove interview with John Fanta

Halldan1

Jan 1, 2003
In a word, this guy is SPECIAL

JPP: I saw you had some big off-season news on Twitter!

JF: Yes, I got engaged to Victoria Rizzo of Boonton on May 18! She is a registered dental hygienist, so my smile on camera has never looked better!

JPP: Congratulations! So what are you pointing toward when November rolls around?

JF: I'm not sure if there’s a scene I'm looking forward to more than when Shaheen Holloway walks out onto the floor for the first time as head coach at the Prudential Center. I think that buzz that ovation, whatever that crowd is--it will probably be the most attended home opener buy game you ever will see for Seton Hall University men’s basketball in some time, if not ever. I'm really intrigued to see that reaction. That opening night can’t come soon enough in my book because it carries some real theatre with it, more so than any opener we’ve seen in recent memory.

JPP: Finally, what does Seton Hall mean to you personally?

JF: I was just asked recently by Seton Hall to help with something with the basketball program and it doesn’t take me more than a second to say yes. I'm sure you saw it when Sha was announced, they had me voice a video.

JPP: Yes, I saw it.

JF: I meant every word of that. Yes, I have to cover it objectively throughout the year and I do and I would say when you’re an alum of a place your heart is always there if that place is profound. And Seton Hall is a special place. It's a different kind of place because it’s so original. It's so unique. It's different than other places. It's a roll-up-your-sleeves, people-willing-to-help-you-type-of-place. And Shaheen embodies that. And when you’re around that, and when you’re given opportunities as a result of being around that, like I've been given opportunities--everything in my journey has not been possible without Seton Hall.

When you’re given that, all you want to do is give back. And I see that with Shaheen, and I feel that with my own career.

And that’s why I'm glad I can keep a terrific relationship with the university because that place is defined by the people that are inside those gates in South Orange. And I know there are some people who might say that’s cheesy, but I will tell you this--I sense and still sense from the time I've been around Seton Hall--it’s a place with genuine people and principles. And I think now we’re seeing all the benefits of that work.

"JF: I'm not sure if there’s a scene I'm looking forward to more than when Shaheen Holloway walks out onto the floor for the first time as head coach at the Prudential Center."

AINT THAT THE EVERLOVING TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT