ADVERTISEMENT

guy on Hall Line said it best (and its been said on here)...

Bobbie Solo

All World
Dec 31, 2003
Bayonne Leave It Alone
We have too much talent to not make the tourney this season. Look at the league this season. No one is scary. Everyone is beatable. Did that Butler team tonight scare you? That game was there for the taking. We have 5 players that are very talented and could play almost anywhere. But I feel like they're being wasted in this offense that forces all of them to create their own shots almost every time down the court.

Angel, Carrington & Desi can be monsters some days. We hustle hard. We're tough. Our league is not one where a team like ours shouldn't be able to scrounge together 10 wins. MAKE IT HAPPEN WILLARD. THIS IS YOUR JOB.

Tonight was there for us. I understand teams go cold, but u have to manufacture points if we're that cold, especially at home with everyone on your side & Butler not exactly playing well either. We didn't do that. This one hurts and might make things out of reach now I'm afraid.

Another thing I just thought of: the foul situation for Butler. Charabazczcavaazzzaazzz & Fowler both had 4 fouls for a large portion of the end of the game. Leaving Wideman as the only big not in foul trouble. We should have exploited that by running at them or feeding Delgado more, but of course did not.

Reactions: chickenbox
Another game of isolation ball did us in. If you watch Butler they run much smarter stuff - more passing and less mindless dribbling. There's always the extra pass. We get no easy looks and depend on one-on-one stuff far too much. Very little passing in general, nothing between the forwards and far too much standing around on offense. We run an NBA style offense without NBA talent.

Another thing I just thought of: the foul situation for Butler. Charabazczcavaazzzaazzz & Fowler both had 4 fouls for a large portion of the end of the game. Leaving Wideman as the only big not in foul trouble. We should have exploited that by running at them or feeding Delgado more, but of course did not.

Delgado touched the ball 3-4 times in the last 6:34. Two times led to free throws (he went 2-4 during the stretch) the other was a turnover (the travel).

This team has too much of a tendency of panicking when the first look inside isn't there.

Case and point: On the lone Butler runout in the second half that led to an "And-one," Desi's first look inside wasn't there, he then dribbled sideways through the lane, forced a shot that was blocked then Butler went running. This can't happen.

Agree with you 100% about the league. There are at least 6 wins in there if we can play the type of defense we all know they can play. The team just has to believe in it and not get lazy.

Willard in his post game said we played no "stinker" games. I have to hold my nose far too often with this challenged offense. Players are too good and athletic on this team to serve up this stale offense on a regular basis. But we've been watching this for many years.

Agree, with most points above, but we did run at them in the 2nd half and got two offenseive fouls called on us, one on Desi and on on KC. I thought they were both bogus sitting there in the stands. We play hard, we had intensity on D but even though we stopped Butler 5/6 times on D after we grabbed the lead, Butler made tough shots down the stretch when they were able to get an open look.
Teams really back off Ish and our point guards and camp an extra guy in the paint making it real hard to get Angel the ball in good position. Often times tonight he got the ball 10-12 feet out on the wing. It's the only way we could get it to him.

Reactions: HallLine69
Agree it hurts to not have to guard two players on offense. They need to keep teams somewhat honest by taking some open shots during the game.

Reactions: HallLine69
We have too much talent to not make the tourney this season. Look at the league this season. No one is scary. Everyone is beatable. Did that Butler team tonight scare you? That game was there for the taking. We have 5 players that are very talented and could play almost anywhere. But I feel like they're being wasted in this offense that forces all of them to create their own shots almost every time down the court.

Angel, Carrington & Desi can be monsters some days. We hustle hard. We're tough. Our league is not one where a team like ours shouldn't be able to scrounge together 10 wins. MAKE IT HAPPEN WILLARD. THIS IS YOUR JOB.

Tonight was there for us. I understand teams go cold, but u have to manufacture points if we're that cold, especially at home with everyone on your side & Butler not exactly playing well either. We didn't do that. This one hurts and might make things out of reach now I'm afraid.

Except for the one clown caller, last night's Hall Line was really very good. Strong well expressed comments from the callers.

Whatever coach brings to the table is on the table. There is not any more to bring. As the great opera line goes, la commedia e finita.

Willard in his post game said we played no "stinker" games. I have to hold my nose far too often with this challenged offense. Players are too good and athletic on this team to serve up this stale offense on a regular basis. But we've been watching this for many years.

Oh man... If we haven't played any "stinker" games yet this year... Can you imagine HOW HORRIBLE a "stinker" game with this team will be?

Reactions: Piratefan2009
Getting beat by 30 pts. by Villanova where we were down 10-15 pts. just about from the start is not a stinker? Last night the game was tied at 5 with about 10 minutes left in the 1st half though.

Reactions: Piratefan2009
Getting beat by 30 pts. by Villanova where we were down 10-15 pts. just about from the start is not a stinker? Last night the game was tied at 5 with about 10 minutes left in the 1st half though.

But it was our 3rd road game in 6 days. Blame the schedule maker not the head coach.

Would also add that we were down 17 at Providence w/4 minutes to go in the 1st half (I guess that doesn't count as a stinker either). That ultimately cost us the game. The same Providence team that lost at home to St. John's last night.

This season is teetering on disaster quickly.

Reactions: mbraue
Oh man... If we haven't played any "stinker" games yet this year... Can you imagine HOW HORRIBLE a "stinker" game with this team will be?
Maybe he said we played one stinker - referring to the Nova game. It was pretty late and I'm sure he was tired - these late start games aren't good for anyone except TV coffers.

I hope there aren't many stinkers on the horizon - can't afford many more.

I hope there aren't many stinkers on the horizon - can't afford many more.

By the way the crowd was a bit thin, house should have been packed, but to the credit of the fans there was a lot of massed standing screaming urging for sustained periods of the second half. Shocked at the weak turnout, pleased by the level of passionate support.

Willard in his post game said we played no "stinker" games.

This is just not true. His quote was that we've only had one stinker game in conference. He cited Villanova as that game.

I disagree with him as I thought Butler and Providence were also stinker conference games, but let's try to get the facts right when making a claim.

Reactions: Halldan1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT