Indiana @ Seton Hall
Nebraska @ St John's
Purdue @ Marquette
Minnesota @ Providence

Xavier @ Wisconsin
Depaul @ Illinois
Butler @ Maryland
Creighton @ Northwestern

Fired their coach, best player in the draft, didn't make the tourney last year, rebuilding no?

A few decent/good games, but whoever decided these matchups leave a lot to be desired. I feel like we say this every year.

The games at the big 10 arenas are much better.

Whatever ill take indiana at home mo matter how bad they are

Reactions: hallwins
Have Blackmun or Bryant said whether they are returning to school? Anunoby is gone and likely to be a first round pick. If the other two come back, plus Hartman returning from injury and Newkirk, I think they will be solid with what I think is a really good coach obviously. Sans Blackmun and Bryant they will be bad next year unless Archie brought guys in that I'm not aware of.

MJS if you won the lottery you would find a reason to be upset.

It's solid to have Indy at the rock

Matchups have the makings of a BIG East feast.

Very much looking forward to this game..,

But what makes you think 'BIG East Feast'?

Don't be surprised if it's 4-4 for the third straight year. They have 5 teams entered that went to the NCAA's last year. We did as well. Pudue and Wisky went to the Sweet 16.

Would have loved to beat on Michigan but Indiana will be a solid early-season draw at the Rock.

Plus as we noted over a month ago on the Trove the Louisville game is Dec 3.

So, we are playing OOC Louisville [A-12/3], Indiana [H-11/15] and possibly two games of these three opponents Rhode Island, Vandy or Virginia at the Preseason Tipoff [N]. Rutgers [A-12/16]. VCU [H-?] UA Reunion game at the garden. That's some schedule.

Last edited:
So, we are playing OOC Louisville [A-12/3], Indiana [H-11/15] and possibly two games of these three Michigan State, Oklahoma or Virginia Tech at the Coaches vs Cancer Classic [N-11/22] & [N-11/23]? Rutgers [A-12/16]. VCU [H-?]
I think we are in the preseason NIT tip-off. With Rhode Island, Virginia and Vandy. Plus we will also be a part of the UA reunion again

Indiana made the NIT last year. They fired their coach, and lost their best player. That screams rebuilding to me.

Good name? Yes. Good team? Ehh

Would have much rathered Minn, Mary, Purdue, etc

Should be a fun game regardless of how good or bad Indiana is.

Indiana made the NIT last year. They fired their coach, and lost their best player. That screams rebuilding to me.

Good name? Yes. Good team? Ehh

Would have much rathered Minn, Mary, Purdue, etc
Why? Minnesota and Purdue have no brand appeal in the NE. Maryland yes. But Indiana is the best name in that group to put a buzz on a mid November game at the Rock. Will the fans sell out the lower bowl?

Indiana at the Rock, sign me up, would expect 10,500 minimum.

Who cares if the are rebuilding, the roster will still be full of great players.

Will still be a tough game even if SHU is at full strength. ( Delgato ).

Outstanding news, IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: garyshu71
Playing Indiana is always great for name recognition alone. On a weeknight in mid November there is no reason for our fans not to show.

Disagree though about IU's strength next year. Posted earlier that I don't know whether Bryant and Blackmun are turning pro. Losing both and they could be in major trouble for next year.

Probably Yes,

Great match up.

This is an awesome matchup and I hope it turns into a great game so that even if we don't get a rematch in the Gavitt games the following year, the coaches and ADs have an interest in future home and homes.

So far as good a NC schedule as we have seen in years. All high major opponents. One question is the NIT in Brooklyn or MSG?

Looking forward to some noise at the rock for IU. The 89 IU game was magic. One of my favorite memories of the run.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT