ADVERTISEMENT

Hall - Indiana

Indiana is bringing in three freshman which include two four star players in PF Clifton Moore and SF Justin Smith both ranked between 100 and 150 And three star PG Ali Durham.

You never know. Indiana might turn out to be great. Sometimes teams with extremely low expectations end up having great seasons.

I remember early last year people thought Florida wasn't any good. Soon after they played us they cracked the top 25 and stayed there all year.

Reactions: Bluebeard
So far as good a NC schedule as we have seen in years. All high major opponents. One question is the NIT in Brooklyn or MSG?

Looking forward to some noise at the rock for IU. The 89 IU game was magic. One of my favorite memories of the run.

Brooklyn

Have Blackmun or Bryant said whether they are returning to school? Anunoby is gone and likely to be a first round pick. If the other two come back, plus Hartman returning from injury and Newkirk, I think they will be solid with what I think is a really good coach obviously. Sans Blackmun and Bryant they will be bad next year unless Archie brought guys in that I'm not aware of.

I didn't realize they lost so much and that Blackmun/Bryant were question marks. Looks like they have some talent coming in, still like the the name recognition.

I would really like to see between 9 & 10k fans in the arena for this game.

I hope the school starts marketing this game early, get the word out.
Huge game for on the court & also for recruiting purposes.

The Louisville game will almost certainly not be on CBS.

6 NFL games slated for 1 PM & 1 game slated for 4 PM

Good point and as we know Archie is a helluva coach.

You never know. Indiana might turn out to be great. Sometimes teams with extremely low expectations end up having great seasons.

I remember early last year people thought Florida wasn't any good. Soon after they played us they cracked the top 25 and stayed there all year.

I hope shu fans buy the,stinking tickets. Why cant we do a total sellout a game or two every year?

Well, a valid excuse has been a weak OOC home schedule.
Indiana is a blue blood with lots of alumni in the NY/NJ area.

Hall fans have no excuse not to mark this game on their calendars now and block that night off so they can attend.

Since it's early in the season I hope the athletic dept starts hyping this game up in September.
To students and of course to alums, season ticket holders and also to the NJ community as well.

National tv game vs a blueblood like Indiana will have a lot of recruits at the game.

The atmosphere for the Rutgers game was very good last December.
Recruits took notice and were quoted as saying so.

Why? Minnesota and Purdue have no brand appeal in the NE. Maryland yes. But Indiana is the best name in that group to put a buzz on a mid November game at the Rock. Will the fans sell out the lower bowl?

No brand name appeal with UM or Purdue is right. Ohio State would have been a good brand and their fans travel very well. I was at the HOF tournament when they were there with us and it was very good. Maryland is on the upswing even without Trimble, but other than closer geographically probably not much appeal either. Still anything is better than was has been on the home schedule for years now.

No brand name appeal with UM or Purdue is right. Ohio State would have been a good brand and their fans travel very well. I was at the HOF tournament when they were there with us and it was very good. Maryland is on the upswing even without Trimble, but other than closer geographically probably not much appeal either. Still anything is better than was has been on the home schedule for years now.

Agree. How can people be unhappy with Indiana this season and Louisville for next season on the home schedule.

Why did the VCU home and home fall thru for this upcoming season? That's a team I've been begging the Hall to play for years now.

Agree. How can people be unhappy with Indiana this season and Louisville for next season on the home schedule.

Why did the VCU home and home fall thru for this upcoming season? That's a team I've been begging the Hall to play for years now.
It didn't. I will update that situation tomorrow on the Trove.

IU fan here. I obviously have no idea how good we will be next year. But we upgraded majorly, on the sideline. Tom Crean is a pitiful coach. Especially, defensively. This would be an easy win for Hall if he were still the coach. Archies teams are very tough and physical on defense. Big Ten/Big East style of coach. We lost Blackmon and Bryant but those guys couldn't guard a chair and really aren't team players. What we do have coming back is 5 seniors and 3 of them should start. Newkirk, Johnson, and Hartman are 4th and 5th year seniors. All 3 guys can shoot and defend. Morgan and Davis is a pretty good frontcourt. To me, this is a top 25 starting lineup. Where the problems could be, is the bench. A lot of youth there. All freshman and sophomores. I don't know if I can see this team going on the road early in the season and beating a team like SH. But it most certainly will be a tournament team if Archie Miller is the coach that everyone believes he is. I'm just excited to play a solid Big East team this year.

IU fan here. I obviously have no idea how good we will be next year. But we upgraded majorly, on the sideline. Tom Crean is a pitiful coach. Especially, defensively. This would be an easy win for Hall if he were still the coach. Archies teams are very tough and physical on defense. Big Ten/Big East style of coach. We lost Blackmon and Bryant but those guys couldn't guard a chair and really aren't team players. What we do have coming back is 5 seniors and 3 of them should start. Newkirk, Johnson, and Hartman are 4th and 5th year seniors. All 3 guys can shoot and defend. Morgan and Davis is a pretty good frontcourt. To me, this is a top 25 starting lineup. Where the problems could be, is the bench. A lot of youth there. All freshman and sophomores. I don't know if I can see this team going on the road early in the season and beating a team like SH. But it most certainly will be a tournament team if Archie Miller is the coach that everyone believes he is. I'm just excited to play a solid Big East team this year.

Excellent update, thank you for taking the time to check in. Anytime SHU plays a power conference the rosters always have multiple quality players, you go big time power 5 and it's guaranteed.

Looking forward to the match up, good luck.

A experienced SHU team playing at home is fortunate to get a name team that has lost some pieces under a new coach early in the season. If Miller can get them to play defense, they'll be a good team by season's end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT