ADVERTISEMENT

Harper

Don't like this.Hope their two 5 stars are 1 and done,We need to get our act together.
There’s a lot of time between now and next year. If those guys are any good a real P6 school will swoop in and take them if they want them.

I’m not doubting that. But everyone assumes these kids go to the highest bidder. If I’m advising my son, and especially if I’m a kid like Harper that comes from family money, the $ plus the coach and program are factors. I’d happily take a bit less if I didn’t trust the coach and program to help get me to the next level. Because this is only one step in the kids journey and we’ve seen plenty of so called one and done or two and done kids not make it.
You don’t go to the next level if you go to Rutgers. That just doesn’t happen, never will.

• Haha
Reactions: thegock
Two programs headed in opposite directions.
I don't think so. We've had a boatload of 4 stars, and a few 5s, and their recent 4 star, and now Harper and Bailey are a rarity. Both might be there a year or 2 at most, as was Whitehead and Dalembert. We have 2 4s as signees in 2024, one a Felton who has NBA lineage.

Good for Rutgers and Jersey, but no reason to trash on the Hall. Rutgers has a lot of NCAA tournament appearances and wins to catch up on vs us.

Yes, we have to get back to our NCAA tourney ways and we will. Sha is that good.

RU signed two studs due to a large nil deal. It is what it is, good for them. If each is one and done, there is no guarantee that RU will make a deep run. I’m not convinced that unless one is a true blue blood that the one and done model works.

As I have said before, the NIL is the deathknell of Seton Hall basketball. Wecannot compete in this era especially when our billionaire grad doesn’t want anything g to do with the program. At RU, they have people who didn’t even go to the school donating big money and we have grads who won’t. However, this era just sucks. It’ isn’t college basketball anymore. My enthusiasm is at an all time low.

Shu isn’t going to keep it close to the football schools without getting big time donors somehow someway… don’t need the 5 stars…. Players like Felton and Godswill are what we should expect and hopefully get a bigger time player…. And then keep most of them here… Felton godswill and Coleman are players you develop to turn the program around… do they stay so you can develop?

Well, will SHU cash in on the brotherly love with the youngest Harris?

With our luck he’ll take even money to go somewhere else.

I really hope Sha standing by Jaquan has a good effect on the parents

RU signed two studs due to a large nil deal. It is what it is, good for them. If each is one and done, there is no guarantee that RU will make a deep run. I’m not convinced that unless one is a true blue blood that the one and done model works.
That is not the only reason, Rutgers could not have landed them without NIL, but don't think they out bid Kansas, Auburn, Indiana, etc. Relationships matter.

True, RU is probably the only P5 school who wanted these two young men. Great take.
Hinson, congrats. I remember sitting at the pool club we used to go to the summer when MTE, then Andre, then EG committed. Every Saturday, a pal, who went to Nova!, used to come over to show me how jealous he was of SHU. Then the season started...oh boy lol

I wish I was the kind of guy who could wish you and RU better luck than we had and be 1000% sincere. Am struggling to get there. But no close yet...

Our game at the rac that year was such a punch in the gut. My son had a game. At halftime I ran to my car. We had a big lead, second half starts, you a killing it and we seem out of it. I go back to my son's game and someone asks how is it going. I said I think we are gonna lose. Crummy time for me to be right. Best of...ah why pretend.

In a prior era would be under the table money
Look, I'm happy for Pikiell, in the same way you guys are at least quasi happy for Hurley's success. But I have to ask myself, what the heck is the NIL situation in New Brunswick? They must be sitting on one hell of a bag of cash.

That is not the only reason, Rutgers could not have landed them without NIL, but don't think they out bid Kansas, Auburn, Indiana, etc. Relationships matter.
I think this is true, especially for the higher-quality kids with the best makeup. Only the sheer mercenaries will put "NIL" above everything else, and I'm not as convinced that kid is going to lay it all on the line for the program.

Reactions: KevH
Hinson, congrats. I remember sitting at the pool club we used to go to the summer when MTE, then Andre, then EG committed. Every Saturday, a pal, who went to Nova!, used to come over to show me how jealous he was of SHU. Then the season started...oh boy lol

I wish I was the kind of guy who could wish you and RU better luck than we had and be 1000% sincere. Am struggling to get there. But no close yet...

Our game at the rac that year was such a punch in the gut. My son had a game. At halftime I ran to my car. We had a big lead, second half starts, you a killing it and we seem out of it. I go back to my son's game and someone asks how is it going. I said I think we are gonna lose. Crummy time for me to be right. Best of...ah why pretend.
Thanks. I am well aware that these things don't always work out, but as for now I
content to be happy and dream big dreams.

We got a big refund from the Cam Spencer Collective.
Haha. Now we have Uconn and RU fans getting into it? It’s like the US watching Iran and North Korea fight.

Everyone knows, as Hinson acknowledged, this stuff often does not work out or play out to expectations.

That said, any fan base would be overjoyed if they landed 2 talents like this. If you don’t think ours would be, come on. KR and Dawes were knighted as the second coming of a Magic and Norm Nixon backcourt prior to the season. You don’t think Bailey and Harper would be described or viewed as Lebron and Wade Part II?

Haha. Now we have Uconn and RU fans getting into it? It’s like the US watching Iran and North Korea fight.

Everyone knows, as Hinson acknowledged, this stuff often does not work out or play out to expectations.

That said, any fan base would be overjoyed if they landed 2 talents like this. If you don’t think ours would be, come on. KR and Dawes were knighted as the second coming of a Magic and Norm Nixon backcourt prior to the season. You don’t think Bailey and Harper would be described or viewed as Lebron and Wade Part II?
Give me what they just got any day!

Reactions: SHUSource
Look, I'm happy for Pikiell, in the same way you guys are at least quasi happy for Hurley's success. But I have to ask myself, what the heck is the NIL situation in New Brunswick? They must be sitting on one hell of a bag of cash.

I don’t have any inside knowledge, but we do know that at least part of Harper’s NIL is third-party Fanatics money as announced yesterday. Also so far minus Max Melton who is NFL bound, i don’t think they have yet to lose anyone anyone significant to the transfer portal or NIL. So it would seem they have something going.

Reactions: PMB Pirate
This is a big deal for RU and deservedly so. Kadary’s comments on this, noted in Zagora’s article, reflect very well on him.

Reactions: LBP43
I agree, these guys are relationship gets for Pike. RU has one season to take advantage, I doubt both will be around in 2025-26, perhaps one will.

but people here say the NIL age isnt different from the last 10 years. this is pretty much proof. that debate is over.
Rutgers has recruited well in the past..their 2008 class was a stud class..Sanders/Mack/Cliff was a big recruit

Is this better..yes..but they’ve also had much more success recently and have a consistent head coach

Rutgers has recruited well in the past..their 2008 class was a stud class..Sanders/Mack/Cliff was a big recruit

Is this better..yes..but they’ve also had much more success recently and have a consistent head coach
Wait—you’re seriously bringing up that 2008 class as if that has anything to do with this class at all?

Ya know, back in the 50’s SHU had this guy Walter Dukes….🤣

In this case they did outbid them .
I highly doubt that. Kansas and Auburn don't get outbid for kids they want. I am positive RU made a competitive offer, but no chance these were just $$ decisions. Read the latest NJ.Com article. Plus, Dylan was getting Fanatics money regardless of the school.

Reactions: PMB Pirate
I highly doubt that. Kansas and Auburn don't get outbid for kids they want. I am positive RU made a competitive offer, but no chance these were just $$ decisions. Read the latest NJ.Com article. Plus, Dylan was getting Fanatics money regardless
of the school.
Beleive what you want but I'm sticking to what I said that ru got BIG money for him to go to ru.Other schools involved with much better players in fold did not want to get in a war.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT