ADVERTISEMENT

Harris

If he only cares about himself and has no policy, why is Kamala copying his no tax on tips policy?
im sorry i had to respond to this ridiculous comment a second time. definition of strawman. it doesn't even make any sense.

"if he only cares about himself then what about kamala harris!" huh??

im sorry i had to respond to this ridiculous comment a second time. definition of strawman. it doesn't even make any sense.

"if he only cares about himself then what about kamala harris!" huh??
You said he has no policy. He clearly does. Whether any of us agree with it is irrelevant. Bad policy is still policy.

It makes perfect sense to question. Why would Kamala copy a Trump policy because as you've stated Trump is only doing things that benefit Trump

Yea, mostly tuning out politics recently.

I still can’t stand Trump, but Harris ran a bad campaign in 2020 and hasn’t done anything since then to display the ability to lead the country (pretty much the opposite). I get wanting to vote for one of them because you think the country will be better off with policies they are more likely to support, but I don't understand the unwavering support for either of them as someone we should be rooting for to lead the country and don't really care for the "which one is less bad" arguments this time around.
Amen, times a 1000.

The only thing the last few months have done is increased my disdain and distrust for the mainstream media. That CNN interview last night was a joke. The debate situation is a joke. It might be smart political strategy to have Harris avoid legitimate interviews, tough questions, tough forums and the like, but it only makes me more leery of her candidacy. I already know the deal with Trump. I know what I think about Harris based on the past, but I'd certainly be a lot more excited to vote for and support her if she engaged instead of working off scripts and otherwise doing the 2020 Biden hiding in a bunker situation.

And the media's absolute failure to cover the Biden-Harris transition in a meaningful way is a disgrace. I still don't understand how it is OK that Biden is still running the country but isn't "fit" to run from office. And don't give me the "he stepped down willingly" charade. He was forced out by big donors and political powers, and literally the days leading up to that his surrogates and even Harris were defending him.

You said he has no policy. He clearly does. Whether any of us agree with it is irrelevant. Bad policy is still policy.

It makes perfect sense to question. Why would Kamala copy a Trump policy because as you've stated Trump is only doing things that benefit Trump
no tax on tip isnt a policy. its an attempt to get a few young votes.

Reactions: silkcitypirate
Amen, times a 1000.

The only thing the last few months have done is increased my disdain and distrust for the mainstream media. That CNN interview last night was a joke. The debate situation is a joke. It might be smart political strategy to have Harris avoid legitimate interviews, tough questions, tough forums and the like, but it only makes me more leery of her candidacy. I already know the deal with Trump. I know what I think about Harris based on the past, but I'd certainly be a lot more excited to vote for and support her if she engaged instead of working off scripts and otherwise doing the 2020 Biden hiding in a bunker situation.

And the media's absolute failure to cover the Biden-Harris transition in a meaningful way is a disgrace. I still don't understand how it is OK that Biden is still running the country but isn't "fit" to run from office. And don't give me the "he stepped down willingly" charade. He was forced out by big donors and political powers, and literally the days leading up to that his surrogates and even Harris were defending him.

fwiw, and i'm not defending the biden thing, the approach was that he simply can't focus on being president AND running for re-election. he can only put energy and focus into one. which isnt wrong.

Amen, times a 1000.

Your second paragraph is by far the most concerning. We have a president that is mentally unfit, but is running the country for the next four months.

Your second paragraph is by far the most concerning. We have a president that is mentally unfit, but is running the country for the next four months.
Biden is in better shape than Reagan was in his last two years. FDR in his final year before he died was dying, frail and weak and his memory was going. This was during World War 2! This is completely overdone this Fox News refrain.

Biden is in better shape than Reagan was in his last two years. FDR in his final year before he died was dying, frail and weak and his memory was going. This was during World War 2! This is completely overdone this Fox News refrain.
Look I don’t remember Regan at the end and wasn’t alive during FDR. So maybe what you say is true. But there is an inherent contradiction with forcing the guy out of a race when the voters and party picked him as the nominee but pretending it’s all fine when it comes to him sitting in the role of the most powerful person in the world, and all the decisions that need to be made daily.

The media not covering is worse. I’m sorry but if this was Trump in the White House it would be all mainstream media covered for the next 4 months. And all they would be covering now.

The American people have a right now real independent journalism covering whether Biden is fit to remain in office based on what transpired with the transition to Harris. The same coverage that would be happening if a Republican was in the White House in this day and age.

Reactions: shu09
Look I don’t remember Regan at the end and wasn’t alive during FDR. So maybe what you say is true. But there is an inherent contradiction with forcing the guy out of a race when the voters and party picked him as the nominee but pretending it’s all fine when it comes to him sitting in the role of the most powerful person in the world, and all the decisions that need to be made daily.

The media not covering is worse. I’m sorry but if this was Trump in the White House it would be all mainstream media covered for the next 4 months. And all they would be covering now.

The American people have a right now real independent journalism covering whether Biden is fit to remain in office based on what transpired with the transition to Harris. The same coverage that would be happening if a Republican was in the White House in this day and age.
No there is not. It’s a realization that he could not be President for four more years. That this is the end for him. He can manage fine today and for the next few months. But, he is on borrowed time. The election for Biden is about whether he could be mentally fit for an additional four years. That answer was no.

Biden is still active and he will have good days and some bad days. That will get progressively worse. He can govern now. Ina year, probably not

If a President is unfit, they are unfit. Just because something catastrophic didn’t happen under either doesn’t make it right. You don’t give the keys to the car to someone under the influence.

If a President is unfit, they are unfit. Just because something catastrophic didn’t happen under either doesn’t make it right. You don’t give the keys to the car to someone under the influence.
see my post. not defending biden but his message was that he doesn't have it in him to focus on being president and also doing an entire reelection campaign. he said he was best to focus on one thing, that being president. that statement isn't wrong or faulty logic.

Gas was $3:15 today which was nice. the country hasn't been ripped to shreds so far.

see my post. not defending biden but his message was that he doesn't have it in him to focus on being president and also doing an entire reelection campaign. he said he was best to focus on one thing, that being president. that statement isn't wrong or faulty logic.

Gas was $3:15 today which was nice. the country hasn't been ripped to shreds so far.
I don’t care what his message was. We can all see he is suffering from dementia. He has his finger on the nuclear codes.

I don’t care what his message was. We can all see he is suffering from dementia. He has his finger on the nuclear codes.
im more worried with hot head and soupy donald with nuclear codes. remember how everyone said biden was soup for brains day 1? he hasn't launched the nukes by now you shouldn't be worried.

but its not a comparison, you should be worried about both those guys and nuclear codes if it's a real fear of yours

im more worried with hot head and soupy donald with nuclear codes. remember how everyone said biden was soup for brains day 1? he hasn't launched the nukes by now you shouldn't be worried.

but its not a comparison, you should be worried about both those guys and nuclear codes if it's a real fear of yours
But Trumps not the President now. We all know Biden is on a declining state with dementia. That should be of concern given his position.

You always bring every conversation back to Trump. TDS

do you think that's a real economic policy? that will decrease inflation? that improve the quality of living? LOL.
I think it’s a tax policy. Just like 20% deduction for business owners is. Just like limiting cost of insulin is a policy.

Quality of living won’t improve? If much of your income wasn’t taxable, would your quality of life be better? I would think an extra 10k in your pocket maybe more would make your quality of life better. Same goes for anyone else other than addicts.

Last edited:
No there is not. It’s a realization that he could not be President for four more years. That this is the end for him. He can manage fine today and for the next few months. But, he is on borrowed time. The election for Biden is about whether he could be mentally fit for an additional four years. That answer was no.

Biden is still active and he will have good days and some bad days. That will get progressively worse. He can govern now. Ina year, probably not
I understand your POV, but I just don’t see it that way. If they made that call 8 months ago the way you lay it out would make sense to me. The way it unfolded, it just doesn’t.

I understand your POV, but I just don’t see it that way. If they made that call 8 months ago the way you lay it out would make sense to me. The way it unfolded, it just doesn’t.
Makes me laugh to see all these people who will vote for Trump complaining about Biden’s mental faculties. Yet, Trump has shown significant decline in his own mental faculties during this campaign. He doesn’t make sense, he froze up during a speech and other signs of mental decline. Why aren’t you all concerned about his ability to finish a term? Trump is declining fast. No way he can complete a term.

Makes me laugh to see all these people who will vote for Trump complaining about Biden’s mental faculties. Yet, Trump has shown significant decline in his own mental faculties during this campaign. He doesn’t make sense, he froze up during a speech and other signs of mental decline. Why aren’t you all concerned about his ability to finish a term? Trump is declining fast. No way he can complete a term.

He’s probably well enough to get through each day. A campaign would likely be more than he could handle to do both.

I think the Dems realized that a while ago and planned to force him out and install Kamala as the nominee. They probably gave him a placebo the day of the debate instead of whatever he took for the SOTU.

Because I’m not voting for Trump. And he’s not running the country.

I think the Dems realized that a while ago and planned to force him out and install Kamala as the nominee. They probably gave him a placebo the day of the debate instead of whatever he took for the SOTU.
The youthful, idealistic Merge would never have posted anything so cynical. The middle aged, angry Merge apparently does.

The youthful, idealistic Merge would never have posted anything so cynical. The middle aged, angry Merge apparently does.

The difference between the SOTU and the debate was shocking. Combine that with the fact that the debate was moved up so much more than the normal presidential debate cycle? I think they knew what they were doing.

Either they wanted to see if Biden could get through a debate as soon as possible so they could replace him before the convention if needed, or they already knew how bad it would go. The frustrating part is that I think Biden could have had a more successful term if his plan from the start was that he would only serve one term and the candidate to replace him would have earned it through a primary. I'm not a fan of how this all went down.

Does this mean Trump shouldn’t be charged with any crimes due to the Hur doctrine?

Does this mean Trump shouldn’t be charged with any crimes due to the Hur doctrine?

It's not a new doctrine that you would not bring charges if they thought they would fail.

On the classified documents cases, part of the problem with charging Biden was that they would have to prove intent which is something that would be difficult since he cooperated.

Trump because of his efforts keep and hide the documents after the investigation began made the intent obvious.

The difference between the SOTU and the debate was shocking. Combine that with the fact that the debate was moved up so much more than the normal presidential debate cycle? I think they knew what they were doing.

Either they wanted to see if Biden could get through a debate as soon as possible so they could replace him before the convention if needed, or they already knew how bad it would go. The frustrating part is that I think Biden could have had a more successful term if his plan from the start was that he would only serve one term and the candidate to replace him would have earned it through a primary. I'm not a fan of how this all went down.
I agree that he should have been that transitional President but what happened? Was he just that power hungry? Was the fear of Trump that great? It is perplexing.

The reason Joe is out is because big funders cut off their funding. If they kept giving he'd still be in the race today. I want to know did all of these big funders decide on their own or who was the someone behind the scenes telling these people hold onto your money until we make the change.

Last edited:
No way he can complete a term.
But according to the left, he's a threat to democracy. Some even say he won't leave after his term is up and will be a dictator for life!

You can't have it both ways.

Reactions: HALL85
But according to the left, he's a threat to democracy. Some even say he won't leave after his term is up and will be a dictator for life!

You can't have it both ways.
lol. Nice turn around. My point is to give an example of the hypocrisy of the right. He’s a threat to democracy based upon his past actions concerning January 6th and his election fraud stance. I don’t know why it’s so complicated for people to understand that his past actions were to use force to stop the official validation of the election. His promises to pardon Jan 6 criminals and his fund raisin g for Jan 6 criminals. These are all actions to destabilize our government

lol. Nice turn around. My point is to give an example of the hypocrisy of the right. He’s a threat to democracy based upon his past actions concerning January 6th and his election fraud stance. I don’t know why it’s so complicated for people to understand that his past actions were to use force to stop the official validation of the election. His promises to pardon Jan 6 criminals and his fund raisin g for Jan 6 criminals. These are all actions to destabilize our government
He promises to pardon, while the other encouraged American to bail out rioters who destroyed tons of property. Great choice. It's ok to destroy your cities, you're a hero we will help you. Destroy where I work you're a criminal and shouldn't be bailed out or pardoned.

And after January 6 how did they stop people from entering the Capitol illegally....they put up a large fence after telling us for months walls are inhumane. You can't make this stuff up.

He promises to pardon, while the other encouraged American to bail out rioters who destroyed tons of property. Great choice. It's ok to destroy your cities, you're a hero we will help you. Destroy where I work you're a criminal and shouldn't be bailed out or pardoned.

And after January 6 how did they stop people from entering the Capitol illegally....they put up a large fence after telling us for months walls are inhumane. You can't make this stuff up.
Are you really doing these false equivalencies? The bail fund was for misdemeanor offenses. I am not saying that was the smartest thing for Harris to have done but the intention was not for serious crimes like arson, burglary aggravated assaults. Moreover, bail funds get you out of jail pending of trial. Not to absolve you of a crime.

Unlike Jan 6 convicts who not only committed felonies and were convicted of crimes like assaulting police, they tried to overthrow the rightfully elected President. Pardons are to wipe away a conviction. One thing does not equal another.

Are you really doing these false equivalencies? The bail fund was for misdemeanor offenses. I am not saying that was the smartest thing for Harris to have done but the intention was not for serious crimes like arson, burglary aggravated assaults. Moreover, bail funds get you out of jail pending of trial. Not to absolve you of a crime.

Unlike Jan 6 convicts who not only committed felonies and were convicted of crimes like assaulting police, they tried to overthrow the rightfully elected President. Pardons are to wipe away a conviction. One thing does not equal another.
Oh you know everyone's intentions. Great. Even the most liberal outlets talk about the Minnesota Freedom Fund bailing out Jaleel Stallings who was charged with attempted murder, plus they bailed out a woman accused of killing a friend and also a convicted rapist.

Remember when Harris promised to turn down the rhetoric after Trump came within inches of being assassinated?

As shameful as this is, it’s the most surefire sign her campaign knows they’re on a sinking ship. The desperation reeks.

Reactions: PiratePride
Has he ever actually run the country? He is and has been a puppet IMO and Kamala will be the same if elected.

Very sad that these are our two choices again.

Has he ever actually run the country? He is and has been a puppet IMO and Kamala will be the same if elected.

Very sad that these are our two choices again.
We need to stop with the "very sad we have these two choices" and confidently stand up for the policies that we think will better serve the country. Never..... ever have we had perfect candidates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT